Product Innovator for Startups & Enterprises

Archbolt creates mobile and web products that achieve traction - for startups, and Fortune 500 brands.

Based in NYC, our team delivers world-class product strategy, development, design and growth optimization. We are trusted by funded startups, investors and enterprises to deliver high performing products.

We work with you to validate ideas, create high growth strategies and design & develop the products to power them.

New York, NY
  • 224 W 30th St., Suite 604
    New York, NY 10001

Unilever, OpinionUP, Nestle, Prudential, Gayborhood, CBRE, Telemedicine platform for NFL, MLB, NCAA teams, Major NY Health Insurance Provider

Development for Sports Medicine Telemedicine Platform

"Their agility and ability to adapt are impressive."

Mar. 2015 - Feb. 2016

Archbolt built a secure, HIPAA-compliant mobile app to manage healthcare communication. They provided an iOS and Android version, as well as branding materials.

Miami, Florida
Fmr. Director, Medical Technology Platform

Initial testing revealed that user engagement rose in response to the new platform's helpful features. Archbolt's frequent communication, adaptable organization, and technical skill set them apart. The agency excelled at intelligently prioritizing tasks and scaling to meet shifting demands.

I was the first hire of the company in 2015 which created a healthcare communications platform. I no longer work with the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archbolt?

I worked directly with the founding partner [Matt Lazarus] and his team to build a healthcare communications platform from scratch that was HIPAA secure and compliant. We brought Archbolt on as our developers.

We had some existing specifications that we came to Archbolt with. Our CEO and founder had put a lot of thought into the platform, so we worked with Archbolt to finalize, change, and edit those specifications and prioritized what should be built first.

They helped us with the design of the logo and built the MVP. We iterated the platform a number of times based on user feedback. The application was HIPAA secure so there were a lot of security protocols that had to be followed. They worked with our HIPAA experts every step of the way. The solution is primarily mobile, but there is also a web application. It’s built for iOS and Android. We used a third-party vendor to provide video conferencing that Archbolt integrated for us. We also had to integrate with a number of electronic record systems.

We had a project manager, Matt, who was with us every step of the way. I don’t know how many others were working on it.

How did you come to work with Archbolt?

We were put in touch with them and liked what they had to offer. We liked their availability and communication style. A number of other folks we were considering weren’t able to meet our schedule and time commitment. We really loved the fact that Archbolt became part of our team.

We spent $100,000+ for the project.

We started working with them in March 2015, and the project was completed in February 2016. In that time frame, we went from an MVP to a version we were happy with. We’re always iterating.

We used something called Mixpanel to monitor user activity and engagement. User feedback was very positive and we saw engagement increase every time we released a new feature that was valuable to our users. We would meet and analyze all the numbers and statistics.

How did Archbolt perform from a project management standpoint?

We had weekly calls along with other ad-hoc calls throughout the week. We would discuss new features and user feedback from our end. There was a lot of testing as well. We communicated via email, phone calls, and Skype. We used another program to project the solution onto a screen. We were in Miami and they are based in New York so we only met in-person a few times but communications were definitely a strong point.

Their agility and ability to adapt are impressive. Because of our user feedback, we were making decisions rapidly and wanted to provide a lot of value immediately. They were able to run with us in several directions. We had to change course a couple of times, and they were very capable and helped us through that process.

I would also point out their focus on validation. Even if we came to them with certain ideas, they were comfortable in telling us to slow down and make sure that what we were building at the time was a priority. We were thankful for that.

When we started with them, they were young. What they could’ve improved was outlining the ongoing schedule and making sure the scheduling and expectations of timeframe are met. They’ve resolved those issues over the last two years.

Overall Score They really helped us, and I would definitely recommend them.
    A lot of it was probably our fault for not communicating what we wanted in the beginning. They put us on a good schedule over time.
    They were very open to providing cost prior to committing resources. We were never surprised about the cost.
    It was what we asked for and they were open to iterating and working together.

Native Dev for Community Reviews App

"Archbolt has had a substantial impact on our ability to target and acquire new users at a feasible cost."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Archbolt serves as technology advisors for an app development project. They rebuilt a database in AWS; natively built the app for web, iOS, and Android platforms; and integrated Google analytics.

Atlanta, Georgia
Marketing Manager, Community Based Reviews Platform

The app is easier to use with increased user retention by 10% and lower cost per user acquisition rates. Archbolt’s work has benefited marketing efforts by helping retarget and advertise more effectively. They foster an engaged partnership and go above and beyond to meet project specifications.

I am the head of marketing and development for an app that connects LGBT consumers with gay-friendly and gay welcoming businesses across the country. Easily put, we are the gay version of Yelp, offering reviews and deals for the LGBTQ community. I managed our partnership with Archbolt directly.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archbolt?

Before I started with the company they had hired a team out of Brazil for the original app development, but we were being told 'no' quite a bit and things were always falling behind. I made the decision to find a new developer. Archbolt was brought on to rebuild our front end.

They came on as tech advisors, first and foremost. We sat down with them for two days in New York and went over their process called the golden matrix. We hashed out every function of the app as it stands right now, pared it down to what we wanted our core function to be, and decided what we wanted the tech look like. They helped us refocus to best serve our users. From there, they were gracious enough to take on some of the database management, as well. That was part of our previous developer's role, but obviously, we didn't want two sets of developers having their hands in the pot. They rebuilt our database in AWS. Then they natively built out our web app, iOS, and Android.

We have one main project manager, but we are also were in communication with the entire team. There were about a dozen developers in total. In addition to our dedicated product manager, higher ups on the C level regularly checked in with us throughout the process.

How did you come to work with Archbolt?

We found them through a recommendation from a colleague. We vetted a bunch of companies and when we met with Archibold we were very impressed with their policies and how they wanted to work with us. We were looking for more of a partnership than just a vendor.

We started working in May 2016. We are now pricing them out to redo the backend and admin of our platform.

The first project was around $150,000, but we also spend more ongoing maintenance and development costs. The old code caused a lot of issues which were not foreseen. Archbolt worked outside the scope of the contract at no additional charge in an effort to make it right They really went above and beyond to make sure they kept to the promised budget.

The ease of use of the app has greatly improved and it's increased our user retention significantly- by about 10 percent. Retention is challenging so to increase it by about 10 percent is great. They've been very adaptable in helping us make changes that help our marketing team. For example, integrating Google analytics. This has been crucial for helping us retarget and advertise to get the most bang for our buck. Our cost per user acquisition dropped significantly. Archbolt has had a substantial impact on our ability to target and acquire new users at a feasible cost.

How did Archbolt perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Base Camp for communication. They were very transparent in all of their communications strategies and ideas. They made sure to provide reports every week, consistently. This made my life easier because I could easily communicate to my C level about our progress. Archbolt is very clear at communicating where we are, what we're doing, what's been accomplished, and what the next steps are.

I’m impressed by their willingness to do whatever it takes to make sure the product is completed to the specification the client asked for. They make sure what you pay for is a quality product. They're not going to agree to cheap out on it. Archbolt is very upfront and transparent about the cost which is refreshing compared to some vendors that will quote a lower price, but then later ask for another $100,000. In addition to transparency and honesty, one of the best traits is their communication, top down. They really act as partners, not as just a vendor.

They did a phenomenal job of getting our product out there and getting it done within the within the timeframe. When the timing had to be extended they were very open and honest on why and what was going on.

Dev & Marketing Consulting for Social Polling App

"Their recommendations are invaluable."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Archbolt built several versions of an iOS app that manages social polls. They also integrated social media, built an administrative portal, and consulted on marketing and promotion.

Washington, DC
Mamie Cruse
CEO, OpinionUP

Feedback from initial users was highly positive, and cost per user was significantly below the norm. The team at Archbolt continually impressed with their detailed reporting, proactive suggestions, and investment in the project's success. They were always accessible for questions and requests.

I am the CEO of a social polling platform. Our tagline is 'vote, share, compare' and people use the app to write polls and share them with their friends and see how they compare. We are an iOS app with a web presence and a pretty robust backend.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archbolt?

When Archbolt started we had no existing code, but we had a design team that had built a pretty robust prototype. We were looking to turn the vision that we had visually created into a tangible, working product. That's what Archbolt did.

Archbolt built an iOS app with Facebook and Google login capability using SDK (Software Development Kit). In version 1, for almost a year, we had a simple web app ran alongside the iOS app that they built, but we decided to shut that down with version 2. They also built a robust admin web based portal so we can log into and control the content on the app, moderate what's happening, and see the analytics.

Archbolt also advised us on marketing. We had a couple full day session where we talked about ways to generate PR, best practices for app install ads and the actual content for those adds. They've been a huge help with strategy and how to target people and marketing. Archbolt also provided recommendations for cold emailing tools I can use to help generate leads either PR or business leaders.

Matt [Founder, Archbolt] was my main point of contact when we were going through the proposal and figuring out the scope of the project. Once we started building the app, we got handed off to CC and Neal. I always had one or two people that were running the tech team. I don't know how large their team is and who is offsite or onsite, but I always had accessibility to a technical person. I used that day and night.

How did you come to work with Archbolt?

Punch Digital Strategies, our design team, reached out to a few different developers on our behalf. I choose Archbolt over the other options presented initially because of cost and the accessibility of the team. I wanted to be part of the process and I wanted to really have my finger on the pulse at all times. I got the feeling at the time that the best chance of this happening was with Archbolt.

We started working in January 2016 and the project is ongoing. Archbolt will be developing the Android version for us in the coming months.

We're definitely getting positive feedback from our users and our app cost per user is lower than the industry standard. I think a lot of that has to do with their help with marketing strategies like targeting the right kind of people and having the content in our ads match the content in the app.

How did Archbolt perform from a project management standpoint?

I received weekly, high-level updates, but usually a day doesn't go by that we're not talking the project. I wanted to be super involved and know what's going on at all times. We use basecamp to manage the project and a bug tracking tool called Instabug so I could go on the beta and shake my phone and then circle something I wanted to be changed. That was a really great way to communicate back and forth without having to write out all the changes. I've never had an issue getting in touch with somebody or getting an answer to a question.

Their overall investment in the project is the most noteworthy. At no point have I ever felt like they just wanted to get to the next work order. To the contrary, they're invested in sending me ideas that don't even relate to their scope of work on the app, necessarily. I'm really glad we chose them. At the time I didn't know what a differentiator that would be. There have been times when they could have just taken my money from additional work orders, but instead, they advised me that we needed to get the app up so we could get metrics and evidence to inform future changes. That's the type of relationship I have with them. I trust them. Their recommendations are invaluable.

I can't think of any complaints.

Overall Score They are great work with and have great personalities that make the work fun.
    imelines were always met and if they weren't, my expectations were managed and I was made aware of the circumstances at the time.
    We're getting a pretty incredible value.
    I always got grade A material and if there were issues with the material they would list them as known bugs so I knew what to expect.
    I have already referred a lot of people to them.