Having fun building scalable businesses.

App’n’roll are an experienced team of business-driven people who've spent years building world-class products and companies. Our team is composed of a great mix of talent, skill, passion and sense of humour. For us, the code is only a tool to create smart solutions.

Start-ups, Fin-tech, High Volume Data Clients, Online Analytics

Freeletics

Autoplug.in

Survicate

Foap

Mobile App Dev for Shared Vehicle Platform

"App'n'roll delivered great results within only four months."

App'n'roll designed and developed a mobile app for a new shared vehicles platform. They also created branding and a logo. They continue to support further development of the app.

Włodzimierz Łoziński, MBA
CEO and Founder, Vooom

The working app launched in the App Store and Google Play, and has received positive feedback from key stakeholders. App'n'roll kept the project moving through constant communication and prompt responses to any concerns. They also offer useful tactical advice that is subsequently implemented.

I’m the CEO of Vooom, a multimodal platform that links all types of shared vehicles with public transport.

For what projects/services did your company hire App'n'roll?

We needed help building our mobile app from scratch, along with a website and web application.

We wanted the Vooom app to make people's everyday routine easier and more comfortable by implementing rental and car sharing solutions in one app.

They were a referral.

App'n'roll hosted a workshop to discuss various prototypes and mockups for iOS and Android. Once the design was locked, they led front- and backend development, branding, and design testing. They also created a logo and helped me understand user stories. They continue to provide service on the app as I plan to extend my business worldwide.

I worked closely with their development, design, and project management teams.

App'n'roll delivered great results within only four months. The app was launched with the highest ranking on both Google Play and the App Store, putting us in competition with the most famous rideshare companies. Our customers are able to use the new Vooom app to rent scooters, cars, or bikes without any challenges.

Several companies are interested in providing such services for their employees, so we’re currently working on potential cooperation agreements. The mobile app was launched together with a web app and website, and I’m super satisfied with the final outputs.

The communication between our teams was perfect. I was frequently in touch with the project management team as well as with the developers and designers. We mostly used Slack but I also met with them a few times at their office. They were able to deliver every aspect of the project within the deadline.

They always take my suggestions or ideas seriously, and worked to turn it into a reasonable solution. They give me great advice on how to implement the app better.

I’m impressed by the talent and time management skills of their team. They’re absolutely professional.

No, not really. The work was done perfectly.

Overall Score I'm extremely satisfied with the work and outcomes.
    They met all deadlines and were very responsive.
    Costs were quite reasonable.
    They created powerful software and a gorgeous design.
    I'd definitely refer them to colleagues and friends.

Site Dev for Design, Consulting & Real Estate Advisory Co

“I have not seen this level of involvement and dedication from other web developers.”

2017 - Ongoing

App’n’roll designs and develops websites. Deliverables include LinkedIn infographics and custom designs. The multi-project partnership is ongoing.

Piotr Was
Co-Owner & Managing Director, SpaceFactory

Internal stakeholders are pleased with their high-quality work. The team is capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously due to incredibly efficient project management. App’n’roll is a proactive partner that delivers excellent results on schedule.

I’m the co-owner and managing director of SpaceFactory, a design, construction, and real estate advisory company with eight holdings.

What challenge were you trying to address with App’n’roll?

My company engaged App’n’roll to provide web design and development services.

App’n’roll has developed WordPress websites for our design and construction companies. They do infographics for LinkedIn and other specific designs. They have completed several projects for us, and our partnership is ongoing.

We work with a main point of contact, who organizes App’n’roll team members based on each project’s needs.

How did you come to work with App’n’roll?

The co-owner of App’n’roll is a friend of mine.

My company has spent $10,000-$25,000.

We started working together in 2017; the work is ongoing.

My team is happy with the quality of work that they provide.

How did App’n’roll perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager efficiently distributes jobs within their team, facilitating a smooth process and effortless collaboration. We communicate via Skype and other modern systems.

App’n’roll has become an extension of our team. Instead of just focusing on individual assignments, they strive to understand our entire business. When we began working together, they initiated several conference calls to learn about our company. I have not seen this level of involvement from other web developers.

No, there’s nothing I would have them improve.

Don’t hesitate to work with a young team such as App’n’roll’s. Follow their approaches, especially in terms of communication.

Overall Score They work efficiently, and we’re happy partnering with them.
    They are proactive and deliver on time.
    We’re happy with their services.

Dev of Mobile App Prototype for Water Management Company

"They were awesome to work with and they made everything simple."

Sept. - Oct. 2017

App’n’roll built a prototype for a mobile application. The prototype demonstrated to prospective users how information, data, and notifications would appear on the final app. Further development is likely.

Nancy Hartsoch
CEO, AquaSeca

The functional and quality prototype performed as needed. Their designs were both practical and appealing. App’n’roll ensured its timely delivery with proactive communication and strict adherence to deadlines. They created an effective process for the remote and international partnership.

I’m the CEO and co-founder at AutoSeca, a water management company. We’re developing a leak detection and water management system that’s non-invasive to plumbing. We’re focused on commercial and industrial buildings.

What challenge were you trying to address with App’n’roll?

After we got to a certain part of our technical development, we needed to be able to show our prospective customers how information, data, and notifications would appear. Our organization needed an app, but we weren’t ready to develop one because we didn’t have the product completed. We then hired App’n’roll to develop a prototype to demo on our phones to customers.

I outlined our vision for the app. Since I have a web-based background, my description didn’t align with how people use mobile apps. As a workaround, App’n’roll took my skeletal and minimal input to develop the complete prototype. During development, the team educated me on best practices. To demonstrate the app’s flow, my engineering team selected limited data to incorporate on the prototype.

I interfaced primarily with two people and there were others behind the scenes. Tomasz (CEO/Co-Founder, App’n’roll) was the first person I talked to and did the contracting with. There was a woman who was doing the design and the development; she had a team working behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with App’n’roll?

I got an unsolicited email from App’n’roll; their offerings matched the services I needed for the app. I have no idea why I opened it because I don’t usually open those things, but I'm glad I did. Although I didn’t look at any other companies, I was still apprehensive about the geographical distance.

We spent $15,000.

We worked with them from September–October 2017. We plan to engage them again next month for more technical development to create the real app.

I was hesitant to start the app because we didn’t know how App’n’roll would present the data. I’m very particular and needed a vendor that could tell me when I was wrong, but also listen when I wasn’t.

I found their responsive service and quality deliverables impressive; the prototype felt like a real app. The prototype became the first look and feel for the company beyond the logo.

How did App’n’roll perform from a project management standpoint?

The team performed well and often chased me for approvals or input. They managed the project on my schedule even though my delayed responses made that nearly impossible. But if I was delinquent on delivering something, the team never used that as an excuse for being late. They’d be on me and explain that deliveries relied on my response times. The physical distance was never an issue; it was like they were right next door.

The creative visuals stood out. The designs were also practical because App’n’roll remained focused on the objective. That balance between aesthetics and function distinguished the team from other vendors that think only about the former.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Don’t be afraid of a remote partnership. The distance had no impact on the quality or the service. The pricing was incredibly competitive as well.

Overall Score They were awesome to work with and they made everything simple. I wasn’t familiar with the process, but the team helped me not get frustrated.
    Any slippage was our fault. They stayed on us and didn’t give any excuses.
    The cost-effective engagement created good value.
    They delivered everything I asked for. The prototype is fit for future app development.
    I would definitely refer them. I’m going to use them again.

Android Dev for Wealth Management Firm

"They did a remarkable job with the first release and with overall testing."

Feb. - Apr. 2017

App'n'roll developed a native Android application as a copy of an existing iOS app, using a supplied API and designs. They continue to work on app maintenance.

Copenhagen, Denmark
CTO, Wealth Management Firm

The Android application was developed with a high level of quality, receiving only 5-star reviews from its users. The team was dedicated, performing professionally, and meeting the majority of deadlines.

I’m the CTO of a fintech company in the wealth management space.

What challenge were you trying to address with App’n’roll?

We already had an iOS app and we needed to make a copy of it for Android.

They developed a native Android version of our iOS app, using an API and some designs supplied by us. They made some tweaks to the designs, but they didn’t fully modify them; the majority of this project was development. They had some good ideas related to the differences in user behavior between iOS and Android, which they used to translate our app in a nice way, but they didn’t build any features particular to this version.

They’re fully in charge of app maintenance. We send them new requests every two weeks, and they’re fast in developing them.

The app has a longer than normal signup flow that requires users to fill a questionnaire and upload documents. On the other side, there is a dashboard where people can log in, contact support, and perform a lot of other actions.

We worked with five people from their team on this project, including a product owner and three developers. I was mainly in contact with two of them.

How did you come to work with App’n’roll?

I approached around five providers at the time, both local and international. I sent each one a small test that required them to build a login screen and other small items. App’n’roll was the only one able to do it within the time scope, and to figure out the small quirks I’d left for them. Our first contact with them was through a common partner.

We spent around $20,000 on this first project with them. The overall cost so far is around $50,000. We’ve had an ongoing collaboration for the last one and a half years, with weekly invoices from App’n’roll.

We started working with them in February 2017. The Android app was launched around April of the same year.

There haven’t been any major complaints about the app; there were some minor issues, but this is normal for software development. We’ve seen only 5-star reviews on our trust website as well as on Google Play.

How did App’n’roll perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m pleased with their performance. I have direct contact with the developers, and because I’m a developer myself, it’s been easy for us to communicate.

They had a busy period on one occasion, leading to a two-week wait. Other than that, they work on our new feature requests in one or two days. It’s crucial for us to deliver fast, so it’s nice they can do that.

We’ve had a few calls on Skype, but the majority of the communication has been through Slack.

They did a remarkable job with the first release and with overall testing. They did code reviews on their side, even though I told them it wasn’t necessary; it’s a nice approach that’s not offered by many other providers.

They also have good speed; they answer and learn fast. I’m the bottleneck the majority of the time.

I would’ve told them if there was anything I was unhappy with.

The better the client is at scoping and telling the team what they’re looking for, the easier it is for them to figure out what to do.

I’d rate them a 5 for deadlines and a 4.5 for scheduling. They’re almost perfect.
    It’s a 5 for us, but the pricing is a bit on the higher end relative to the rest of the world.

Software MVP for User Feedback Analysis Tool

"They were wholly engaged in the project and understood our vision and intentions."

June 2013 - June 2015

App’n’roll developed a custom software MVP by dividing the work into pre-planned segments. They handled the tool’s entire construction from writing technical requirements and development to final testing.

Poland
Kamil Rejent
CEO, Survicate

Users have reviewed the solution positively. App’n’roll’s high-level communication and expert use of project management tools, along with their attention to detail, made the engagement successful. Their commitment to success was evidenced by their comprehension of underlying vision.

I’m the CEO and co-founder of Survicate.com. We’re a survey and lead pre-qualification tool for small and midsize businesses that’s integrated with Marketo, Salesforce, Eloqua, and Hubspot.

For what projects/services did your company hire App'n'roll?

After successfully using venture capital (VC) funding to get started, we decided to scale up.

We needed to develop a minimum viable product (MVP) of our software tool. The tool enables users to collect feedback from their customers across all digital touchpoints using a variety of surveys including targeted website, one-click email, and Net Promoter Score (NPS). We also planned to utilize feedback widgets and questionnaires.

We met each other through a combination of our personal professional networks. We were looking for a company who was business-minded, design conscious, and tech-savvy.

We focused on building the MVP so that we could start testing the core functionalities with real users. Since I don’t have a technical background myself, I shared my business idea from a user perspective which App’n’roll then translated into the product backlog, which is a list of tasks that need to be done that was later used by their developers. App’n’roll was responsible for translating the idea into product backlog, writing technical requirements, development, testing, system administration, and several other tasks. They also contributed business consulting, fundraising, and meetings support with potential clients.

The team was small and comprised of highly skilled developers, designers, a marketer, and a project management.

We’ve received a lot of positive feedback from a number of large companies who are happy with our tool.

Our work was both effective and efficient thanks to a combination of productivity tools and consistent communication.

I found their professionalism and attention to detail to be their most impressive qualities. They were wholly engaged in the project and understood our vision and intentions.

We were satisfied with the work App’n’roll did to make us what we are today. Nothing immediately springs to mind in terms of areas that could be improved upon.

The scheduling and organizational aspects of working with App’n’roll were amiable, coherent, and productive.
    The cost of App’n’roll’s work was appropriate in relation to the quality of the work undertaken.
    The quality of App’n’roll’s work was high during each stage of the development process.
    I’m likely to refer App’n’roll to a friend.

Software Development for Health Care Platform

"The quality of their [App’n’roll's] code, speed, and ability to work independently were all great. They work fast, and are self-starters."

App'n'roll was hired to complete development of a software.

Technology Consultant for Healthcare Platform

App'n'roll was able to finish the project about 40% quicker than the client's previous agency. The client was happy with App'n'roll's constant line of communication and that the company is filled with self-starters.

I am a Technology Consultant at a health care and senior care coordination platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with App’n’roll?

We needed an agency to help us continue development of a software platform.

The software tests user behavior. They took over development from a previous service provider and are currently fully responsible for the software development of the platform. They used Ruby on Rails to develop it. They used Invision for the design of the app, and did some independent software development following our feature requests. They were proactive and offered a valuable challenge to features, and suggested their own ideas for our consideration. We discussed feature requests, time and cost estimates, and specifics of proposed solution.

How did you come to work with App’n’roll?

We knew them through a personal connection. I feel they provided great quality of work for a good price and trust due to our personal connection.

How much have you invested with App’n’roll?

The whole project was between $50,000 and $200,000.

The project is ongoing.

We had initially thought that the project would take over a week. App’n’roll was able to complete it within just 2 days for no additional charge. We were happy about that. That made them about 40% faster than our previous provider.

How did App’n’roll perform from a project management standpoint?

They are really great. They have excellent communication that is maintained almost 24/7. They used Trello for messaging, and Mailchimp and Mandrill for emailing.

What did you find most impressive about App’n’roll?

The quality of their code, speed, and ability to work independently were all great. They work fast and are self-starters. They will suggest necessary changes by themselves and are responsive to business needs. They were very smart and made modern improvements of existing codebase and design, which we appreciated.

Are there any areas App’n’roll could improve?

They could have had even better sensitivity to our current business needs and our priorities and budgets. That being said, this is a minor issue.

Overall Score No desire to change our service provider.
    So far, they achieved or over delivered every deadline.
    They are rock star developers for a really affordable price. Other Eastern European companies are slightly cheaper, but have lower quality.
    Fantastic technical quality and communication behavior.
    Great shop to work with.

Android App Dev for Watch Instrument Maker

"Their team is quite efficient at providing feedback and asking questions that get straight to the point."

July - Dec. 2016

App’n’roll built a native Android app as an exact duplicate of an existing iOS app, implementing an identical design and features.

Neuchâtel, Switzerland
CEO, Watchmaking Instrumentation Firm

The Android app unlocked a significant portion of the market. App’n’roll started work quickly, diving into the heart of the matter and asking for the information they needed. Their speed and regular feedback set them apart in the industry.

I’m the CEO of a company that makes instrumentation tools for the watchmaking industry.

For what projects/services did your company hire App'n'roll?

I needed to develop an Android app.

I wanted to replicate an existing iOS app for Android.

I found them via my network.

Their team replicated the design and features of the iOS app in a native Android environment.

I worked with a project manager and a few developers.

The Android app is a must because of the market share between Android and Apple. That being said, I'm still struggling with the limitations of Android’s digital audio capacities, which are far less powerful than Apple’s.

Their speed is outstanding.

They could go into more detail, but I understand that would take additional time (and money).