Rocket fueled app development

Applikey is a professional services company focused on mobile app development. Founded in 2012 Applikey started as a development agency specialising in iOS apps. Since then it has grown from a garage start-up to a well-established company with more than 60 employees providing such services as: iOS and Android mobile app development, web development, design, project management and quality assurance.

Get a Free Quote at [email protected]

Ukraine
    +16504339005

Flender, Slipshare, Stylu, Toonight, Resupply

Designer Wardrobe

Designer Wardrobe is NZ’s premier marketplace and community for buying, selling & renting pre-loved designer fashion - at up to 90% off retail! With all your favs (Ruby, Lonely Hearts, Karen Walker + MANY more) to up-and-coming designers, DW is the best way to find something amazing at a great price.

Stylu

Canada’s leading on-demand beauty service that sends professional hairstylists and makeup artists directly to your doorstep. Stylu delivers hand-picked, background checked, certified & insured beauty professionals to your home, office, or hotel in as little as 2 hours. You can also book in advance. No need for cash on hand- your credit card will be charged after your appointment. Even the gratuity is included.

SlipShare

SlipShare is a free app for same day booking of a slip or mooring. Using your boat's specifications, SlipShare provides a marina's availability and price. Detailed marina information, services, amenities and shore options allow users to sort, choose, and book a slip with Immediate confirmation.

Application Dev for Law Firm

"In terms of skillset and work quality, AppliKey Solutions' outputs are some of the best I've seen."

2015 - Ongoing

Applikey Solutions developed a solution for the company's internal team social network using Ruby on Rails, RabbitMQ, and a host of different technologies. The development was completed, and they're currently in QA testing mode.

Houston, Texas
Founder, Law Firm

They did an excellent job of making the vision come to life. In terms of skillset and work quality, AppliKey Solutions' outputs were some of the best that the law firm experienced. The team proved their ability to communicate efficiently, delivered the work in a timely manner and within budget.

I am the chief executive officer and founder of the company. We provide a private social network for teams and events.

What challenge were you trying to address with AppliKey Solutions?

We have limited bandwidth and capacity in terms of in-house development, so one of our challenges was using our time for managing the platform's architecture and looking forward at the same time. We needed to outsource our technology needs to someone who could help us.

AppliKey Solutions has developed our solution using Ruby on Rails, RabbitMQ, and a host of different technologies. We have a robust social network that requires various integrations to work in app or desktop form. During our two-year collaboration, we've worked with three project managers and 4–5 developers.

How did you come to work with AppliKey Solutions?

We talked to various providers and eventually settled on AppliKey Solutions. In order to get a sense of which would be the best fit for our company, we tried working with various developers from India, Pakistan, and Ukraine. After an initial probation period, we found AppliKey Solutions to have the best communication.

How much have you invested with AppliKey Solutions?

The cost of AppliKey Solutions' work has been around $50,000.

We started working with AppliKey Solutions in the summer of 2015. The development has been completed, and we're in QA testing mode right now. We plan to have an ongoing relationship with AppliKey Solutions. They will be our go-to source for any technology needs.

The metrics we've looked at in terms of the quality of the product are downtime, bugs, or issues of that nature. We have a 99.5% reliability on the platform built by AppliKey Solutions. When bugs did occur, AppliKey Solutions acted swiftly in fixing them.

In terms of skillset and work quality, AppliKey Solutions' outputs are some of the best I've seen. They've done an excellent job of making our vision come to life. We could find less expensive options, but AppliKey Solutions' price is fair for what we've gotten in terms of additional benefits.

How did AppliKey Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate via email for the most part and haven't used any specialized solutions for this purpose. We did use software like Skype for videoconferences and sharing screenshots. AppliKey Solutions gave us daily email updates whether there was a need for it or not. It was important for us to receive feedback and updates for a project like this, and they were excellent in that regard. When dealing with overseas developers, there will sometimes be a time or communication barrier, but we didn't have any of these issues with AppliKey Solutions.

What did you find most impressive about AppliKey Solutions?

There are developers galore on the market, but what separates AppliKey Solutions from the rest is their ability to communicate efficiently. Not only can we reach out to the 2–3 project managers on a daily basis, we can even communicate with the company owner.

Are there any areas AppliKey Solutions could improve?

AppliKey Solutions could leverage more technologies to help with the actual implementation of our scope of work. These technologies could also improve their collaboration with our in-house developers. We rely on them for the heavy lifting, so we haven't pushed the issue.

For the most part, AppliKey Solutions came within deadlines, but I would reserve a perfect score for people delivering way early.
    The cost could be lower, compared to the service provided.
    AppliKey Solutions has delivered the work in a timely manner and came within budget.

Web Design & Mobile App Devs for Education/Training Firm

"AppliKey Solutions' knowledge was essential in expanding on the deliverables."

Sept. 2014 - Ongoing

AppliKey Solutions built a responsive website and mobile appications which integrated a training portal with videos on physical security and child safety.

Founder, Action Education Systems

Applikey Solutions managed to code the solution within the scope that was wanted. They improved the solution by making recommendations for the design and development process. The developers and project managers were easy to communicate with and consistent throughout the project.

Action Education Systems focuses on changing human behavior by using virtual training platforms and mobile applications. I am a co-founder and VP of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with AppliKey Solutions?

AppliKey Solutions took our business from concept to execution, starting out with website design.

I gave AppliKey Solutions my vision, breaking things down to the colors I like. AppliKey Solutions built a responsive website on the backend of which we integrated a training portal with videos on physical security and child safety. AppliKey Solutions did a phenomenal job of designing a cheat-proof testing system which users could take after watching the videos. Once they score, they can print out a certificate. Our system collects analytics for each participating company.

The second thing we did was to build mobile applications for customers. Most companies typically wanted to undergo our tests once or twice per year, but the knowledge was still perishable. The apps parallel that knowledge base, giving users quick, three-question quizzes in order to keep everything fresh in their minds. They also served as a resource for emergency situations and had built-in notification tools.

The mobile apps were developed for both iOS and Android using Ruby on Rails. The website and our three mobile applications each had a different development team. Even though AppliKey Solutions is based outside of the US, communication was very easy. I always dealt with one person, our project manager. All communication from the team came through her, so I didn't have to deal with changing persons each week. Our developers were also consistent throughout the project.

How did you come to work with AppliKey Solutions?

One of our business acquaintances had developed an app using AppliKey Solutions three years before. He found them through Upwork, which was called oDesk at that time. We reached out to AppliKey Solutions, had several Skype meetings with their owner, and went from there.

How much have you invested with AppliKey Solutions?

The cost of AppliKey Solutions' work has been between $50,000 and $100,000.

We started working with AppliKey Solutions in October 2014. Everything has been completed, but we are in the process of building the generation two of our applications, after receiving good feedback from customers.

We work within multiple industries, taking analogs from customers, turning them into searchable and collectible data, and providing visualizations for that data. I showed AppliKey Solutions my designs and the logic behind the systems. Not only did they code the solution in the scope of what we wanted, but also offered recommendations for how we could show customers the data.

We've developed some marketing tools for schools. This has traditionally been an analog industry, but we can now break things down into pie charts and bar graphs, showing the institutions how well they're performing regarding marketing, meeting parents, conversion rates, and so on. AppliKey Solutions has done some amazing things.

How did AppliKey Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

Not having to deal with multiple people, made the process easier for me. I have one project manager who deals with everything related to my company. We usually have multiple Skype calls during the week. That person has remained with us no matter what the project was, and it's nice to have this level of rapport. AppliKey Solutions' manager knows my company needs and client base.

We use the basic cloud-based tools like Dropbox, Google Docs, Skype, and other communication platforms.

What did you find most impressive about AppliKey Solutions?

I don't know what AppliKey Solutions' client base looks like, but whenever I had an urgent issue, they've made me feel like their only customer. As a growing business getting ready to get our foot into the market, this is exactly what we need. I never had to wait for them to have an available developer. AppliKey Solutions rearranged things and made it happen. It was also nice to have AppliKey Solutions' be available while we were sleeping since we run client databases. Many problems were fixed while remaining unknown to our clients.

Are there any areas AppliKey Solutions could improve?

From my point of view, there is nothing bad I could say about AppliKey Solutions, from their pricing to the service.

Overall Score From our first contact, the collaboration was there. AppliKey Solutions has made recommendations for the design and development process, making my solutions even better.
    Many of the estimates were delivered early. AppliKey Solutions' project manager was in constant communication with me regarding any issues or delays. It was usually a matter of a couple of hours for debugging a new release.
    I could guarantee that AppliKey Solutions would do the work faster than the estimate.
    I did the design work, but AppliKey Solutions' knowledge was essential in expanding on the deliverables. Whenever they said that something could be done, AppliKey Solutions delivered.
    I've already recommended AppliKey Solutions to a couple of other entrepreneur friends. The company can tell someone what can be made into a reality, and they can improve upon an idea.

Web and Mobile App for Software Dev Firm

"Even though AppliKey Solutions is not a huge company, they conduct themselves professionally and develop quality applications."

2015 - Ongoing

AppliKey Solutions developed a high-quality native iOS app and a web app which provide real-time updates on all the latest venture capital and seed funding to the platform’s users.

Boston, Massachusetts
John Dukes
Founder, Fundz,LLC

Project management was a strong area for AppliKey Solutions. The team was generally professional and organized. The overall effort from AppliKey Solutions' side led to a strong and high-quality results. The platform has performed well and received good feedback.

Fundz LLC provides real-time updates on all the latest venture capital and seed funding, as they are filed with the government, via web & iOS apps. I am the founder and owner of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with AppliKey Solutions?

I wanted to find an affordable vendor who could deliver high-quality work. Typically, it's very difficult to find good developers without paying a lot of money.

AppliKey Solutions developed a native iOS and web app for my company. The applications were built using 1–2 developers per version.

How did you come to work with AppliKey Solutions?

I did some research on Upwork and various other outsourcing sites, looking for development resources. Most of them were not satisfactory, either because they were independent freelancers, or because they were working as part of virtual companies. I wanted to find a real software company and looked at AppliKey Solutions because of their history, ratings, and because of the interview I had with their representative. We talked about AppliKey Solutions' capabilities and what they could do for me.

How much have you invested with AppliKey Solutions?

The cost of AppliKey Solutions' work has been less than $100,000.

We started working with AppliKey Solutions in early 2015. Some of our projects have been completed, but we maintain a partnership with AppliKey Solutions.

AppliKey Solutions has developed high-quality mobile and web-based applications for us. One of our challenges was in terms of web services API development.

We provide real-time data for companies which have received a round of funding. Getting that information from the source, and presenting it in a fast way can be a challenge, which requires some complex API development. In our case, it's something which is working very well. A piece of software can either be buggy or work well, so the proof is in the pudding. Our platform has performed well and received good feedback.

How did AppliKey Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is a strong area for AppliKey Solutions. The team is generally professional and organized. They use Trello for project management. The overall effort from AppliKey Solutions' side has led to a strong result.

What did you find most impressive about AppliKey Solutions?

I've interviewed around 100 companies and independent contractors but didn't have confidence in their ability to deliver a quality product. It's an intangible metric, but, based upon my interaction with AppliKey Solutions, I was able to determine that they were candid in telling me what could be achieved. There were no false promises. AppliKey Solutions worked with me whenever I had an issue or escalation. Even though AppliKey Solutions is not a huge company, they conduct themselves professionally and develop quality applications.

Are there any areas AppliKey Solutions could improve?

I have no complaints about AppliKey Solutions.

AppliKey Solutions has been very good about keeping to schedules and working as quickly as they could in order to complete tasks. They're as good as any firm regarding deadlines, even though this is a tricky issue in software development.
    The cost was one of the primary reasons for outsourcing. AppliKey Solutions is not the cheapest solution out there, but they're much more affordable than using a local firm. For the money, the solution I was able to develop was great.
    The proof is in our results. AppliKey Solutions' overall work was good.

Web and Mobile App Dev for Boat Sharing Platform

"I've appreciated Applikey Solutions' ability to work as an independent group."

Applikey Solutions developed an intelligible web user interface using Ruby on Rails, followed up by iOS and Android mobile applications for boaters to book slips online.​

Stamford, Connecticut
Paul Norton
CEO, Slipshare

The client cited the design work and the mobile application as first-grade and rock-solid. He appreciated Applikey Solutions’ ability to work independently, their great service and communications about their goals and deadlines, and orderly workflow.

SlipShare has built a platform which allows boaters to book a slip online. The concept is relatively new to boating in general. I am a co-founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Applikey Solutions?

We had a strong idea, but our company did not have a strong technology person. We have business backgrounds, so we've relied heavily on Applikey Solutions. Our goal was to build a simple user interface, which would be easy to understand, and which followed conventions that both Android and iOS users would understand, in order for them to make bookings quickly and conveniently.

How did you come to work with Applikey Solutions?

My wife and I won the Startup Weekend in Stamford. A lot of work had been put into our concept so that we couldn't throw it away. I had managed a lot of outsourced projects for various applications in the past, so I felt confident that we wouldn't have to go out and hire people. We interviewed various development shops in New York, Pennsylvania, Boston, Brazil, India, and Ukraine. We hired a short-term consultant for this process. The Ukraine group was particularly appealing in its work method and understanding of our goals. The company was also willing to continue beyond the development phase itself. Our idea from the start was to hire a partner that would serve as our technical backend.

How much have you invested with Applikey Solutions?

The cost of our project with Applikey Solutions was within $10,000 and $50,000. The value for the money we've spent has been phenomenal. I know how much the same work would have cost in New York and Boston.

We have an ongoing collaboration for enhancements and changes to the software. This wasn't exactly Applikey Solutions' model, but they've been open to the proposition.

There were a few bugs we've had to work through, but the design work was first-grade, and the app itself is rock-solid.

We've gone to boat shows and demoed the app to a couple of hundred people on the same day, all of which have loved it, and were surprised that no one had done this before. It reflects the knowledge that we were able to bring to the table as boaters, but, more importantly, Applikey Solutions' skill and understanding of what makes a good app.

We use Amazon Web Services, and payments are done through Braintree. I've only had to do a bit of research and come up with recommendations for the direction I wanted Applikey Solutions to take. I'm not a technology person, but Applikey Solutions has taken care of this side of the work for me.

How did Applikey Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

I've appreciated Applikey Solutions' ability to work as an independent group. Regarding communication, the toughest part was getting Applikey Solutions to understand what we were doing. Their location is nowhere near a boat, but, once Applikey Solutions' team understood what we were about, we were off to the races. At one point, I was getting ready to visit their office personally, to simplify the back-and-forth, but things came together by themselves.

We employed a basic user story process in the beginning. At one point, Applikey Solutions introduced Trello into the project, which made things very easy. I can manage priorities, it's clear where everything is in the process, and Applikey Solutions is very clear about goals, which were usually met near the deadlines. We had an orderly flow of work.

What did you find most impressive about Applikey Solutions?

I have worked on much higher-level projects, not ones on this scale. A part of why we went to Ukraine was cost, which is a fraction of what we'd have spent elsewhere. Even so, I don't feel that I've compromised on quality. I was prepared for this to happen, but it didn't. The service and communication have been great.

Are there any areas Applikey Solutions could improve?

We've had an adjustment period in the beginning, but that was it.

I don't push timelines hard on development projects, but rather work at an incremental pace. There are too many unknowns in this type of work, so it would be unfair to penalize Applikey Solutions for any delays.
    Applikey Solutions was in charge of bug checking, so we found very few of them. The time scale was also excellent.
    I've recommended Applikey Solutions to someone in the business, who has used them for several projects.