Bringing to life your digital vision

Applaudo Studios provides full Software Development services for Top Tier Customers in the United States, the Americas, and Europe. Our team of iOS, Android and Web Developers have created some of the most amazing products in the mobile and web world.

We take care of projects from the Inc500, Fortune500 and some of the most amazing Startups around; Applaudo Studios can also support staff augmentation, temporary resource staffing needs for your company.

From our offices in Austin, New York, and DC and our development centers located in the heart of Paradise in Central America we will have you covered for anything Mobile and Web.

Austin, TX
  • Colonia San Benito
    San Salvador
    El Salvador
  • Guadalajara
    Mexico

Our customer list includes large Fortune500 Mobile Apps, world leading consumer brands, and some of the largest Software Developers in the United States; the projects that Applaudo Studios has worked on add up to tens of millions of downloads on iOS and Android.

GOODWIN CUSTOM HOMES

Goodwin Custom Homes is a Construction & Real Estate company in Charlotte, North Carolina.

We spent a lot of time talking to the owners and their passion for quality and innovative materials was evident. We decided to develop a new, refreshed graphic system that complemented their brand and conveyed the qualities found on their work. Then, we designed a brand new website with big galleries and case studies with full-sized images to allow the details to come up. In the end, Goodwin Custom Homes became a website that reflected the passion and care that is put into each one of their homes.

BENCHMARK

Benchmark is a fully automated, all-in-one solution that provides a comprehensive, holistic approach to managing, developing and growing policy departments and officers.

Agile in its core. Applaudo manages the software development cycle using agile methodologies adapting to client needs during production.

Transparent by design. Our process provides granular visibility all the way from the code level to the management of the product roadmap and the people behind them.

Larger than just code. We work along side University of Chicago Scientists to leverage their research and turn it into a holistic product.

Google Analytics - Sentry - Sendgrid

NBC

Applaudo's partnership with Phunware Inc helped us become part of the team that developed NBC's app for Android. The app features a user experience focused around giving visibility to programming on-the-go, across any device, with in-app experiences ranging from episode previews to special content and live streaming services.

Adobe Primetime - ExoPlayer - Retrofit - AppsFlyer

CBS

Applaudo worked along with CBS and Phunware Inc on a Streaming platform for CBS, specifically for Apple TV. The app allows CBS subscribers access CBS live TV channels and watch online series through their AppleTV devices, provide location based content and generate analytics to improve the advertising network.

TVML - XML - CBS API - LiveTV Streaming - Analytics or Google Analytics

THE CW

A new challenge came along to Applaudo: Design, develop and scale two streaming apps for Android and iOS for The CW Network where users can watch their favorite shows for free, no subscription or login required and implementing streaming-specific analytics and advertising tools.

The CW Network is an American English-language broadcast television network that streams the latest shows like Black Lightning, The Flash, Jane The Virgin, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Whose line is it anyway?, Everwood and more.

Integrations:

AVFoundation - Core Spotlight - Push Notifications - Associated Domains - BlueKai Analytics - Kochava Analytics - mParticle Analytics - Flurry Analytics - Google Cast SDK - Google Mobile Ads - Google Interactive Media Ads - Crashlytics - Branch - DS Video - Realm

LAMUSICA

LaMusica is a free digital video, radio, music and entertainment service that offers access to radio stations, video and music for free through their website. Applaudo addressed scalability issues given its exponential growth of users by developing a mobile platform for Android and iOS that features curated playlists, live radio streaming, automated playlists based on genre or artists, audio and banner ads and short videos.

Integrations:

Open Source Aura Framework - 7 Digital - ExoPlayer - JWPlayer - Senzari - Retrofit - OkHttp - Glide - Calligraphy - LeakCanary - Material Dialogs - Google Gson - ComScore - ID Matching API

FOX NOW

FOX NOW is a VOD and streaming platform that provides access to free and premium content from several local and national channels. Applaudo designed, developed, launched and scale the FOX NOW app for Android, iOS and tvOS. Several Analytics libraries were implemented like Heartbeat, Segment, Adobe Analytics and Localytics. TrueX was also implemented to deliver advertisement.

Alamofire - Google Cast SDK - Optimizely - Segment Analytics - AppsFlyer

Web and Mobile Development for Digital City Guide

“I don't regret anything about my choice to work with them.”

July 2016 - Ongoing

Applaudo is simultaneously performing web and mobile development for Android and iOS of a travel app. The product will allow users to book accommodations and make travel and leisure plans in featured locations.

El Salvador
Fausto Funes
Founder, Expres Citi

Applaudo performs excellent services on several fields. Besides developing apps, the team is also versed in project management and are able to provide guidance on the best methods to utilize on said projects. Furthermore, they are always available to answer questions about the tasks.

My startup is a travel app and website for tourists called Expres Citi. It will first launch in Mexico. People should be able to know what to do when they arrive in a new city with the help of this app. You will be able to make a travel plan from the app, book accommodations, etc. I want to sell a franchise for the app in each city.

I am the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Applaudo Studios?

Applaudo Studios is making the mobile applications and the web platform for my travel website. This is my first internet company, so my original business plan wasn't that great. My plan wasn't as clear before I started with them. The Applaudo team took me by the hand step-by-step and explained everything I didn't understand. After all, I'm not a computer guy - I'm just a businessman. They gave me a lot of suggestions and they knew what to do. It took about ten meetings for me to understand what I really wanted and they had the patience to answer all of my questions. Once I was completely satisfied, we began the actual development work. The relationship has been excellent.

We're currently developing the website and the iOS and Android applications simultaneously. We're developing each version at the same time because I want to launch everything at once.

How did you come to work with Applaudo Studios?

A year ago, I was looking all over the place for app development experts and companies. I searched the internet and looked here in El Salvador, in Guatemala, and in Mexico. I called people who had had apps made by other agencies. Many of the people I called had a lot of trouble with other app development companies. Six months ago, I found Applaudo Studios and gave them a call. I called previous clients of theirs and they were really happy because their apps and platforms all ran smoothly. I met with the team a week after that and started talking about what I wanted. Their offices had a really professional vibe. Everyone was very focused. The owners of Applaudo Studios were professional but also friendly. They taught me the basics of everything.

How much have you invested with Applaudo Studios?

Applaudo Studio's development will cost about $100,000 to $150,000. I plan to spend another $100,000 for marketing.

We started the project two or three weeks ago in July [2016].

I don’t have a final product yet. However, I’m trying to launch the app in Mexico and want to start getting hotels, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, and theaters listed in the app.

How did Applaudo Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

There's been a lot of information that we send each other back-and-forth. They reply instantly whenever I send them information or ask a question. They present new ideas with every response and then we execute. So far, so good. I'm really happy with Applaudo Studio's work.

What did you find most impressive about Applaudo Studios?

The competition charged a little bit less, but the references I called had trouble with their apps. I would pay $20,000 more for the peace of mind that my app is being professionally developed. I don't want to have to deal with any major hiccups.

The best thing about my experience so far is Applaudo Studio's professionalism and knowledge of the latest technologies.

Are there any areas Applaudo Studios could improve?

So far, I'm really happy with the guys at Applaudo Studios. I don't regret anything about my choice to work with them. I think they're doing fantastic.

Overall Score The ride that we've been on has been really enjoyable; no frustration, no stress. Their attitude is very positive.
    They say they're going to deliver on Thursday, and they deliver on Wednesday night.
    Their quality is so great. It is truly valuable.
    I highly recommend them to anyone who needs an app developed.

App Development for Large Beverage Company

"Everything that we have requested up to this point Applaudo Studios has done a great job delivering."

Applaudo Studios developed a pilot mobile app to ease the order-entry process of customers and ensure they received the order they requested. They built it to be similar to Amazon, but on a much smaller level.

Latin America
Head of Commercial Capabilities, Large Beverage Company

Applaudo Studios successfully delivered the mobile application at a competitive price. They provided a very dedicated team that is capable of building great applications.

I work for a division of a very large beverage company. My division is located in Latin America.

I'm in charge of commercial capabilities. This means that I lead the charge when we need to set up new tools or new processes into our commercial processes.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Applaudo Studios?

We were looking for a solution to provide our commercial customers. Specifically, we needed a development partner to build an app to ease the order-entry process and ensure they received the order they requested.

Applaudo Studios provided us an app to be used on smartphones so customers can put their own order in. We wanted something like Amazon, but on a much smaller level.

How did you come to work with Applaudo Studios?

I personally looked for the suppliers. I look in the United States and Canada. Some of the partners we considered we have worked with in the past. We decided on Applaudo Studios because they provided the most customized service. Of the bigger suppliers they have a specific focus on software and platform development.

We worked with Applaudo Studios in the development of our pilot app. We defined the pilot as a $20,000 project because we wanted to test and corroborate the process. We are expecting to deploy the app fully in the following years.

This project is still ongoing.

How did Applaudo Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

In my opinion, they're doing a great job.

What distinguishes Applaudo Studios from other providers?

I have worked with many suppliers in the field and I can tell you that Applaudo Studios provides a very dedicated team that is capable of building great applications. Their director of operations [Jose Giammattei] was very good about following up with every aspect of the project.

Is there anything Applaudo Studios could have improved or done differently?

Everything that we have requested up to this point Applaudo Studios has done a great job delivering . However, there may be some challenging phases in the future.

Overall Score We still have things to complete.
    We haven't completed the project but compared to their competitors they provided a very competitive price.

Team Augmentation for MaaS Provider

“Our relationship continues to grow.”

2013 - Ongoing

Applaudo Studios is providing support as a staff augmentation team, performing functions such as design, development, and tech writing of various applications.

Austin, Texas
Executive VP of Global Operations, MaaS Company

Applaudo has been providing their services for 2 years, assisting in various development cycles. Their success can be attributed to the team’s strong leadership, along with their availability to discuss relevant matters at all times and their responsiveness when it comes to solving issues.

We're a multiscreen as a service company. We design, write, and build software for some of the biggest brands around the world.

I'm the executive vice president of global operations and product.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Applaudo Studios?

We needed to have a more flexible development process. We used Applaudo as staff augmentation. As we get into peak times, we need to use them to help and fill development gaps. There's some core skill sets that they fill in when we have.

Applaudo has done anything from development, design, and tech writing for us.

How did you come to work with Applaudo Studios?

We had partnerships in India and the Philippines and quality was similar, but time zone was painful. So having a high-quality partner in the same or similar time zone was a game changer for us.

We've been working with Applaudo for two years, on an annual basis we spend about $200,000-plus

The biggest sign of success of a partnership like this is seeing the mutual value grow and the value has grown. During the last two years, Applaudo's value to us has significantly grown as I think our value to them has also grown. Our relationship continues to grow.

What distinguishes Applaudo Studios from other providers?

Applaudo Studios's leadership team is very strong and responsive. Any time we've had challenges with a new hire or existing team member, they've been very responsive in solving the problem.

Is there anything Applaudo Studios could have improved or done differently?

I'd like Applaudo to have a deeper bench, so they can react more quickly. I think they're becoming even more successful – the growth of their bench is the benefit of that.