Quality solutions, beautiful results.

We are an American software & implementation firm with a proven track record of high-quality solutions. We work with our clients to hand-deliver beautiful results.

New Castle, DE

Ambi - Ambi.work

AgencySpotter - AgencySpotter.com

Fixd Automotive - FixdApp.com

Development Partnership for UI/UX Agency

“Appify’s projects are some of the most stable, fast-performing, and reliable ones that I’ve ever shipped out.”

Aug. 2017 - Jan. 2018

Appify augments in-house dev capabilities, offering more technical expertise. Active collaboration and project management were core project components. Maintenance and minor updates are current priorities.

Columbus, Ohio
CEO, UI/UX Agency

Responsiveness and flexibility made Appify an effective partner. They create fantastic code and aren’t afraid to provide candid feedback. Their excellence has led to a potential exclusive dev partnership.

I'm the CEO of a UI/UX design agency. We mostly work with startups to design out their product, apps, and web experiences. We do some frontend development, but we’re always in need of extremely talented and intelligent developers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Appify?

We wanted to find a partner with a development agency to augment our company's capabilities on a long-term basis.

The project was for a marketing website that needed a robust frontend web app design and a lot of functionality in the backend. Philip [CEO, Appify] and I worked on the estimation process together, and he was more than willing to take a lot of time to outline nuanced and focused technical questions for the client.

After that, I did the design work, and Philip reviewed it to make sure everything was technically capable and able to be built, which was incredibly helpful and efficient. We gave the design, specs, and UI guidelines to Appify, and they built out portions of the app in a milestone basis, giving us transparency of cost and the ability to check on updates.

I was essentially responsible for project management, even after the design phase was finished, and Philip was both the developer and assistant project management. Appify developed the rest of the application and built out a robust framework with requirements and features. We recently finished the product and shipped it to our client.

Philip’s my main point of contact, but I’ve interacted with his developers lately. There’s always been at least four people on our project.

How did you come to work with Appify?

He was recommended to me by a mutual friend. I’d looked at other development partners, and I wanted to keep a wide scope, but I worked with Philip on two smaller projects, and the experiences were so positive that I’m considering making Appify our sole dev partner. Right now, we have an informal partnership where I work on his design projects and he works on my dev projects.

We spent a little bit over $65,000 on this project.

This project initiated last August and was completed this month.

The product owner is just sitting on it now; he hasn't released it to the public, be he’s extremely happy with it. There's no critical debugging, just small stuff to make sure everything's working great and performing right on every browser. The app is exactly what I wanted, if not better.

How did Appify perform from a project management standpoint?

Philip and I probably talked about twice a week to update one another on the project and maybe brainstorm solutions for any design or technical problems. We had a great collaboration flow, and I trusted him to handle his team just as he trusted me to handle mine.

Deadlines were met either before or within the timeline, and he always stayed in budget. If I sent Philip an email, I knew he would reply within 24 hours, even if he was traveling. He always made communication an efficient process and was reliable and consistent with project management.

Our client had had some bad experiences with developers in the past, so he had a lot of questions, and other developers might not have been as talkative or personable as Philip was. He handled the business conversations well, was informative, and put the client at ease.

Not only was he able to communicate well, but he consistently provided feedback and constructive collaboration that ultimately led to a better product. Appify’s projects are some of the most stable, fast-performing, and reliable ones that I’ve ever shipped out. I've never had a dev team provide such excellent code. Everything he built is extremely snappy and responsive, and its identical to the mockups with focused additions that made it more technically responsive. He delivers on his promises, and the products look and feel exactly as they need to.

Not that I can think of.

Whatever you need, Appify will be able to get it done. They don’t just do or build what you say, but they provide candid feedback that helps you build the best product possible. Philip will never tell you what to do, but he will give you insight to make the right decision.

Everything was delivered within or before timelines.
    They won't be cheaper than offshore dev, but they're competitive with onshore dev, and their quality is unbeatable.
    The app performed right, it worked right, and everything was great.
    I've referred them many times.

App Dev for Social Network

"Appify contributed to our project in a meaningful way."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Appify assists with the development of a flagship social collaboration platform, building on an existing codebase and adding features like a customizable dashboard and file transfer capabilities.

Cambridge, Massachussetts
COO, Collaboration Platform

Both resources complete all assignments by the appropriate deadline, consistently delivering work every 2 weeks to ensure a timely launch. Appify’s friendly communication, leadership mentality, and full-stack services keep the engagement on task.

ambi is a social network, for Work, that's geared specifically towards college students to help them be better organized and collaborate online. It is the first productive social network that enables students to become their most productive, inspired, and focused selves and to learn even during their down time in a fun and engaging way. I'm the COO of the company, in charge of daily operations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Appify?

We needed to complete the development of the platform and needed extra help from talented developers who could go into an existing codebase and hit the ground running. We wanted someone who could contribute quality code and add the features our platform needed. We were using another contracting firm but wanted to move to a US-based one. After interviewing other talented developers, I was genuinely impressed with how quick the Appify team picked up on our project and were able to improve both the features, so what the end-user sees, and improve on the structure of our codebase, which gives us big benefit in the long-run as we grow.

Appify initially provided one developer for our project. After two weeks, since things were working well, we added a second resource. They first had to get set up and understand our existing codebase, which took them under 3 days. The Appify was and is today involved in our daily operations of planning sprints, executing them, bug fixing, coordinating with our in-house devs and other contractors, getting our site running live, and they even give us genuine feedback and suggestions for how our platform can be further improved. It feels like they are part of the team and care about the success of the company, and as a result, we trust them, which is difficult to find with contractors but it seems to be the case with Appify because of the people that work there.

Going into specifics, one of our platform’s functionalities is our dashboard feature, which is the first thing that someone logging in will see. It provides an overview of the day and gives access to the rest of the platform. One of the things Appify did was to build-out widget and settings features, which allowed people to customize the dashboard as much as they wanted by adding things like weather, daily quotes, interests, and so on. Appify created many of them and also made our dashboard more HD, implementing backgrounds which are stored on Amazon S3 that can be changed daily or left the same.

Appify also helped architect and took responsibility for the implementation of our quick-chat feature. We had parts of it built but really needed someone who could step in and take it to the next level by finishing features like file transfer, group conversations, and other components that people expect nowadays. The Appify team did this in a structured way by first presenting us all the possible providers and options we could go with, and with our involvement and the rest of our developers, weighed the pros and cons and picked which method we thought would be best to build out our chat. Now we have laid out sprints and Appify team is executing them. We get to see results every two weeks, it's really exciting.

How did you come to work with Appify?

I found them through a referral from a friend who is also running a startup. He described Appify as having great engineers. When I contacted them, I saw that their founder really understood what we wanted to do. We’ve had a very good experience with their team members.

How much have you invested with Appify?

We are paying between $2,400 and $3,600 per developer every two weeks. This comes to around $10,000 per month.

We started working with Appify in early March 2017. The app is still a work in progress, but Appify has finished some portions of it.

We have laid-out sprints for our two developers from Appify. They’ve had to deliver work every two weeks and have pretty much met our deadlines, working on a consistent basis in order to move the cards to the right and knock-out features one by one. Anytime we finished a sprint, Appify was open to making additional small changes.

How did Appify perform from a project management standpoint?

We invited Appify to our Slack channel, and they’ve become very active there. Appify has integrated well with our team and have been very friendly. It’s been awesome to see them become a part of our group. We use Google Hangouts every few days on an as-needed basis, and we use Trello and Asana for task management.

What did you find most impressive about Appify?

Appify’s developers are very talented full-stack engineers, who are able to hit the ground running. We are using a number of technologies, and someone has to know a lot in order to develop our product comfortably. Appify was able to dive into some complex elements that other developers had been working on for a year and understood the challenge within one or two days. Appify contributed to our project in a meaningful way. Even when roadblocks came up, they could figure out what was happening. They came to us with solutions, which is really nice to see. This has been the most impressive thing on the talent side.

On the attitude side, I would say that Appify is very reachable. I can get in touch with them at any point. If we have an upcoming deadline, Appify’s team will stay up with us and get the work done. Lastly, Appify has a leadership mentality: they’re willing to help team members when something is wrong in another area. This is helpful in forming a good team spirit. We’re a small startup, so things like this can go a long way.

Are there any areas Appify could improve?

I was able to speak to Appify about anything I experienced, and they were able to address it. There’s nothing outstanding.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Appify?

Have a clear idea of what you want to get done. Appify’s team is strong on the tech side of things, so the task at hand should be clearly laid-out to help them do what they’re best at.

Overall Score We’ve really enjoyed working with Appify. They’re lovely and talented people.
    Due in part to roadblocks we’ve had to deal with or to other tasks we gave Appify, which were outside of the main project, they were sometimes hindered from delivering on time.
    Appify has delivered good value, and we’ve seen results every two weeks.
    Appify agreed to take on the work we set for them and communicated any time something was wrong or when there was a potential roadblock. We always had an idea of what to expect.
    Appify is friendly, great to work with, understanding, talented, and able to figure out what needs to be done.

App Development for Education Startup

"If I launch another company, one of my first calls will be to Appify."

Appify developed a native app (iOS/Android) for an educational tech company. They performed backend work, web application, marketing strategy, and design work; they will continue to provide ongoing updates.

Atlanta, Georgia
Rostam Zafari
Founder & CEO, Mystro

The app features great UI/UX: tutors and users are excited about the ease of use and the earning potential from the app. Appify's leadership, commitment to meeting deadlines, and devotion to client satisfaction were clear strengths of this collaboration.

Mystro is a tech company based in Atlanta. We do in-person and online tutoring nationwide in all sorts of academic subjects and offer test preparation. The Mystro app allows student users to connect with amazing tutors. I’m the founder and CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Appify?

I needed to find a quality development team. The goal was to create a platform for high-school students to be tutored by college students who are relatable to them and could inspire them. I had previously contracted with an Indian firm to build a minimum viable product (MVP), which was done in PHP. It was breaking all the time, so we had to scrap it and start again.

I wanted to find a team that could build an app right the first time and do it cost-effectively. I didn’t want to work with a company that outsourced the development work overseas. In my experience, the quality of the product suffers when you do that.

Appify did everything in terms of the tech side of the project. They were basically our CTO. We worked primarily with Phillip, one of Appify’s founders, who is one of the sharpest people I’ve met. There’s no one like him. He didn’t just do what we said; he wanted it explained, and he wanted to know why. He often came back with better alternative solutions.

We had an in-house designer, but Appify also worked on the design. They did all the development. Phillip led two teams throughout the project. At our highest point, we had five people on the project, including mobile, iOS, and web developers. They built a native iOS app, mostly built on Objective-C. They also built a web app in Angular 2, with the backend in Ruby.

Appify also provided a lot of marketing material and assisted us with a marketing strategy. Most of their work was in the app development, but their experience working on other apps helped to guide us. They have a large talent pool from which to pull resources based on the project’s needs.

I haven’t seen any bugs in the finished product. They’re now working on a retainer to complete some upgrades to the app.

How did you come to work with Appify?

One of our lead investors referred me to an engineer who worked at Google, who then introduced me to Phillip. We looked at dozens of firms, but we couldn’t find anyone who matched our criteria for quality and price.

How much have you invested with Appify?

We’ve invested around $50,000 in this app. They’re the only firm that said they could make a quality app for that price.

We started working on the platform in March of 2016, and it just launched in February of this year. We’re still working with the Appify team to expand several key features. We’re about 95% complete, and we’ll keep adding and tweaking based on feedback from our users. We currently have a contract with them through the end of 2017.

Most important is how the users feel about it. Our tutors are excited about the ease of use and the income potential the app gives them. The payment system is easy, and it’s built with college students in mind. Parents appreciate how the app gives them all the information they need to find a tutor for their high-school students.

We’ve already had over 220 tutoring sessions. We’ve done some tutoring boot camps. It’s growing very quickly, and we’re now preparing to speak with bigger companies about possible business opportunities. A lot of this is happening because Appify took what we wanted and made it happen in the smartest way possible.

How did Appify perform from a project management standpoint?

The project was broken up into timelines, and the Appify team was very good. I remember a couple of times when they said they wouldn’t sleep until they made a deadline. We were in contact with them until 3:00 am or 4:00 am. That level of commitment meant a lot to us.

We used Waffle.io as a project management tool. My co-founder tagged the features due on specific dates, and Phillip managed the project on their end. All we had to do was upload designs and explain them thoroughly, and he handled everything else.

What did you find most impressive about Appify?

Phillip is the most impressive aspect of Appify. He manages a lot of talented developers, but he is so technically sharp. He’s a fantastic entrepreneur and has great talent, commitment, and attitude. I would love to hire him full-time.

The team at Appify are top engineers in the U.S. They’re fair and honest, and they really want to see their clients do well. They got it done over and over again. I appreciate people who get things done the way they say they will.

Are there any areas Appify could improve?

No. If they want to expand, they could bring in more design talent, but they’re a great development team.

Overall Score If I launch another company, one of my first calls will be to Appify.
    They always laid their cards on the table, and they always met the deadlines.
    I would give them a 6. There’s no other firm that gives you this quality for this price.
    They delivered quality and took time to explain any changes they made.
    I’ve referred around 20 teams to Appify, and I think several have contracted with them. I only do that because their service is absolutely phenomenal.

MVP for Academic Social Network App

“I don't think anybody can surpass their quality, dedication, and efficiency.”

Sept. 2017 - Jan. 2018

Appify expedited the development of an MVP for an app that allows students to collaborate for learning.

Columbus, Ohio
CEO, Social Education App

Appify exceeded expectations, delivering a top-notch app within the deadline and at a reasonable price. Their availability, communication, and speed were outstanding.

I'm the CEO of a mobile app helping college students build a valuable network for all of their academic needs.

Our goal was to quickly create a seamless and deployable minimum viable product (MVP).

They've got a great reputation in the industry, not only for outstanding development, but also for communication and efficiency.

Appify developed our entire application. They took our concept and turned it into a legitimate product within a very short period of time.

Appify provided us with a project manager and two full-time developers.

Our app was delivered ahead of time and surpassed our expectations for an initial MVP. It has allowed us to gain traction within universities.

We could contact our project manager at any time. He addressed our questions and concerns immediately.

We were impressed with the constant communication and rapid turnaround for any iterations we requested.

We didn’t see any areas for improvement.

Overall Score I don't think anybody can surpass their quality, dedication, and efficiency.
    They were very responsive.
    The pricing was fair, considering the quality and short development cycles.
    They were dedicated to making our experience as smooth as possible.
    It was a great experience, so we will be bringing all future development back to Appify.