​iOS | ANDROID ​| WEB | BLOCKCHAIN APPS

Silver

App-Scoop is a Canadian Digital Agency that works with enterprises and innovative companies to deliver hyper-polished ​digital solutions using cutting edge technologies.

App-Scoop integrates your current system to amplify the unified customer digital experience and build a STRONGER BRAND.

App-Scoop utilizes its global team to deliver FIXED PRICE projects with HIGH VELOCITY.​ App-Scoop's global team uses industry-standard tools such as SLACK, JIRA, CONFLUENCE to ensure seamless delivery in an AGILE PLUS environment.

At App-Scoop we are passionate and committed to providing our clients tremendous value through our delivery of products and services. We understand that we will only come to learn what works best for our clients by paying attention to our clients' communication with us and asking intelligent questions.​

Our clients' success translates to ours. As such, we view our relationships with our client as partnerships and we work closely not only through the entirety of the development process but also subsequently in terms of application support and updates.

BC Government

E-Sports

SPRK

Rove

Android App Dev for Photo Market Platform

“As a customer, we couldn’t be happier with the process, ease, and responsiveness of App-Scoop.”

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

App-Scoop is developing a photo market app for Android. Based on an existing website and iOS version, they’re working to improve the platform with UX enhancements in addition to translating features.

Katia Stano
Co-Founder & CMO, iPOLPO

Beta testers positively received the app during development and are extremely excited about its launch. App-Scoop diligently improves complex and innovative software. Standing apart from other vendors, they stick to the budget and timelines with integrity.

I’m the co-founder and CMO of iPOLPO. We’re an app that sells photos by time and location worldwide. This kind of photo market is a completely new concept that doesn’t use albums or hashtags.

What challenge were you trying to address with App-Scoop?

We had an iOS app but needed to find a reliable developer in our area to create the Android version.

Our internal team developed a basic website for the app and we worked with another development firm to complete the iOS version. App-Scoop is developing the Android app by improving on the iOS model instead of just replicating it. They’re enhancing the UX by developing multiple design pages and suggesting we eliminate nonessential features like the Facebook login.

As a privately funded startup, we don’t have the obscenely large budgets of many of our competitors. As a result, we have to be selective in the types of app features we develop and are moving forward in stages. We’re in discussions with App-Scoop to have them revamp our website and iOS app once the Android project is complete.

Their CEO is our sole contact for the engagement.

How did you come to work with App-Scoop?

We started interviewing people, but it was difficult to find someone who could guarantee quality work. I went to a tech meetup and exchanged information with their CEO. Later, a colleague of mine recommended them completely independent of that experience. We reached out, got a quote, and discussed the scope of work. We found App-Scoop to be professional and decided to work with them.

We’ve spent $20,000–$25,000 thus far.

We started working together in August 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

This version hasn’t launched yet, but we have 10 professional photographers who’ve been testing it throughout development. They're incredibly excited about its functionalities and flexibility. It can be used by professional photographers with big cameras or more amateur enthusiasts who use their phones to take pictures. Each approach allows users to instantly sell time-sensitive photos based on location without having to negotiate through emails or type lengthy hashtags. App-Scoop is doing a great job melding the details together and creating an intuitive product. We’re incredibly satisfied with design and functionality.

How did App-Scoop perform from a project management standpoint?

Our lead contact is very thorough and responds to emails almost right away. He’s very involved in the process. They do development in India, but the CEO communicates and delivers the product to us. As a customer, we couldn’t be happier with the process, ease, and responsiveness of App-Scoop. We've had glitches along the way because the technology is unique and can’t just be lifted from another program and dropped into our development code. It's a lengthy process that requires more than just copy-and-pasting. They thoughtfully consider what’s been done on our website and translate it to Android.

I’m tremendously impressed with their professionalism. Based on my limited experience in the tech world, a lot of vendors loosely approach projects to a fault. We feared a developer would deplete our funds and ask for more with only half the project complete. That is not the case with App-Scoop. They’re professional and deliver according to schedules and budget. Additionally, they stand behind their word, which is invaluable.

We noticed a few typos in the latest version, but they were easily catchable. Overall, they've done an excellent job for us and we're excited about the Android launch.

The price is competitive.

Mobile App Dev for Nightlife Platform

"We’re completely thrilled with everything."

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

App Scoop restructured a mobile app’s backend to improve reliability. New features creation follows UI enhancement and speed upgrade in ongoing development. The app is live on iOS and Android.

Toronto, Canada
Alex Gould
Founder, Tnight Inc.

Development stabilized overall performance and increasing overall capabilities significantly. Early deliveries and independent mindset helped make post-launch testing successful. Expect passionate service and a genuine interest in achieving set objects.

I founded Tnight, a mobile app solution for nightlife and venue managements. Users can: reserve a table, add themselves to the guest list, purchase bottles, and notify friends.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Scoop?

We had unreliable developers who consistently missed deadlines and raised prices erratically.

We provided wireframes and UI recommendations. They took those to restructure the backend and make it scalable for ongoing development. Although we suggest certain modifications, we ultimately follow their lead.

The team finished Phase 1 deliveries. We just started Phase 2, for which they’re developing new features as our sole content creators.

The app is live on iOS and Android. We also have an iPad venue management system that operates as a POS system.

We speak directly with the two founders.

How did you come to work with App Scoop?

We found them on Clutch. We wanted to work with a smaller team that would invest more time and effort with us as a boutique company.

We’ve spent over $100,000 to date. The final budget is $150,000.

Work started October 2017 and is ongoing.

Development has been nothing but bliss. They’ve exceeded expectations while erasing all previous issues; the team goes above and beyond.

Although we don’t have real metrics this early out of beta, increased capabilities are noticeable. The app is very reliable and has upgraded speed. Comments we previously received about crashes are now gone in user feedback. The first test event reported flawless functionality.

How did App Scoop perform from a project management standpoint?

They're lovely guys who are dedicated and hardworking. It’s exactly what we needed. They hit every target with minimal guidance. We speak weekly and chat daily via phone, email, and text. We’ve discusses other platforms, but these communication tools work well for our familiar relationship.

They usually deliver early and are able to make small adjustments within 30 minutes. It’s a huge relief to not worry about the development side anymore. We had lost all hope before hiring them.

No. We’re completely thrilled with everything.

Meet in person because they’re very passionate, which doesn’t always come through over the phone. They’re genuinely excited to achieve your goals and build a relationship.

Overall Score It's been fantastic.
    They’ve never missed a deadline.
    We have a tight budget and they’ve been very accommodating to ensure a long-term relationship.
    They’re courteous and respectful.
    I would recommend them to anybody.

Mobile App Dev for Life Coaching Company

"They were great and they had a very fast response and turnaround time."

Mar. 2016 - Mar. 2017

Working from an existing paper product, App-Scoop built a real estate lifestyle application for iOS and Android. They helped with ideation, scoping, and back-end development.

Keith Cornies
Founder, AIM Coaching

The app was downloaded 4,000 times, earned an average four-star review, and received enthusiastic feedback from customers and brokerages. App-Scoop were always accessible for calls or meetings. Their quick turnarounds and thoughtful planning kept the project on schedule.

I am a business and life coach and I also work in the real estate industry. My life coaching company is called AIM Coaching.

What challenge were you trying to address with App-Scoop?

I wanted to take a program that I had in the paper world and make it digital. People loved the program but didn’t like the big book they had to carry around. We decided it would be best to have the program available on the phone.

App-Scoop created a real estate application and a life and vision board app that I created for my life coaching business. They were great and they had a very fast response and turnaround time. Whenever there were things that were being developed they were always in communication.

For the vision board application, I sat with them and talked about what I wanted. They set up the project files and they created the outline for me to show me what they were doing. The follow up went extremely well. The Android application was done first.

I never met the developers but did meet with two consultants that handled the project.

How did you come to work with App-Scoop?

We were referred to me by someone who was working with them.

Somewhere around $35,000 to $40,000.

The project started in March 2016 and ended March 2017.

We haven’t started promoting the application yet. We have hired a marketing company to promote the real estate platform. I am a broker-owner of three RE/MAX franchisees and all the clients and brokerages that are using the application are loving it. It is effective and simple to use.

The vision board has been launched and we have gotten 4,000 downloads and the reviews have been four out of five stars. The vision board even has the capability to download video and audio.

How did App-Scoop perform from a project management standpoint?

Whenever I would request a physical meeting, App-Scoop would meet with me. The meetings were set up to make sure that everything was on track. They would even meet me on Sundays. There was no miscommunication.

I found their ability to listen to my specifications and delivering products that I wanted most impressive.

Asking for more details, in the beginning, would have avoided a whole bunch of meetings after the initial discussion.

As the project went on there was other tasks that needed to be done.
    Extremely good value for the end product
    The quality of work was fine.
    I’ve referred them before. They are really reliable and their value is good. They overcame hurdles to get the project done.

Web App Dev for Venture Network Platform

"Every time I go to an event, these guys are there. They really work hard."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

App-Scoop designed and developed a social network for professional ventures. The team built basic features to facilitate user collaboration, including messaging, posting, and log-in.

Erroll Taksoz
Founder, Ambitionary

The app has not yet been launched, but the team has been proactive in making changes as feedback is given. App-Scoop is responsive and communicative. As a company, they are very active in Vancouver and work hard on start-up projects.

I am the founder and CEO of Ambitionary. It’s a marketing network for people to find each other for collaboration on projects and ventures. For example, if you’re looking to open an ice cream truck business but don’t know the ins and outs of the business, you can go to my website and make a posting. You can share your idea and what you’re trying to accomplish. Then you find people you need for it. You can find somebody who has an ice cream truck, somebody who makes ice cream, and maybe a lawyer, accountant, advisor, or intern. You find the people you need to help you make it happen.

What challenge were you trying to address with App-Scoop?

I am not a developer and so I needed someone to build my web app.

I wanted basic functionalities. The app needed simple features like messaging, posting, and log-in capabilities. It was very basic.

I don’t know how many developers are working on the project, but the two founders are managing the project, Pav and Paul [Co-Founders, App-Scoop].

How did you come to work with App-Scoop?

I was introduced to them by a mutual friend. I’ve never worked with any other developers.

We’ve spent between $10,000 and $15,000.

We started working together in February 2017. The work is ongoing.

The project is taking longer than expected. We haven’t launched yet and so we don’t have any users yet. I gave App-Scoop feedback on their services and they are working on making appropriate changes.

How did App-Scoop perform from a project management standpoint?

They are very responsive. We communicate a few times every week.

They are really out there and present in the Vancouver startup community. They show up everywhere. Every time I go to an event, these guys are there. They really work hard.

They’re a young company. There are things they can improve, but off the top of my head, I can’t think of anything.

Overall Score I never give 5 stars. Everybody can improve.
    Again, everyone can improve.
    Every company can improve.

Silver