Award-Winning Apps Created By a Team You'll Trust

App Partner is a NYC-based app development firm that works with Fortune 500 brands, leading retailers, funded startups and more to craft digital products and strategies that solve business problems and drive measurable results.

There's a reason "Partner" is in our name. We exist to help organizations achieve sustainable, long-term success. That means acting like part of the team, not just a vendor. That means offering insight and candid counsel at every stage of the engagement. And that means continuing to provide strategic value in the days, weeks, and years after an app's launch.

App Development & Digital Strategy

We have experience building apps for every relevant platform, from stalwarts like iOS and Android to emerging technologies like VR, AR and wearables. That makes us uniquely suited to help clients thrive in today’s omnichannel world.

Close Collaboration

Our 25-person team in Brooklyn consists of award-winning designers, cutting-edge engineers, and some of the top minds in digital strategy. We don’t outsource, and we don’t offshore; we believe that great work only happens when everyone – your team and ours – can closely collaborate throughout the entire project.

Focus on Flexibility

Whether your needs are big or small, we’re there as your partner. We’ve helped startups write their business plans and make their first hires. We’ve helped some of the world’s most recognizable brands better connect with their customers. And we’ve done everything in between.

Long-Term Vision

A digital strategy is never finished. We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with clients. New business challenges will always arise; we help our clients meet them, every day.

Brooklyn, NY

Frameworks and CMS
Programming & scripting
Ecommerce systems
Application platform

B&H Photo | Conair | National Gallery of Art | PromGirl | Ferrara Candy Company | Norwegian Cruise Lines | Esurance | Little Debbie | Rice University | Gongshow - Lifestyle Hockey Apparel | goTenna | Bongiovi Acoustics | AP

B&H Photo iOS

B&H: Explore Where Technology Lives! Shop the world’s comprehensive source for photo, video, audio, and computer gear. B&H Mobile offers the same inventory, speedy shipping, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service you’d receive if you walked into the store.

- 2015 Mobile Shopping Conference App of the Year

Smart WeightWatchers Body Analysis Scale Companion App

Easily track your weight, body fat, body water, bone mass and BMI (Body Mass Index). See everything at a glance on the dashboard, or go in depth with graphs and charts. Automatically sync your weight to the Weight Watchers® app if you are a subscriber, or sync your weight, BMI and body fat measurements to Apple Health and allow your favorite health and fitness apps to access your data and make tracking quick and easy!

goTenna

goTenna is a small device that enables you to use your smartphone to send and receive text messages, and share your GPS location on detailed offline maps with others even when you don’t have service. In the case of an emergency, goTenna can help you get assistance fast. Download the app to pair your smartphone with goTenna via Bluetooth-LE, and communicate off-grid with other goTenna users, no cell towers, wifi routers or even satellites required!

Yorrow

Yorrow is a trading app in which people have the ability to rent and pick up from other users through a seamless system

JusMove

JUSMOVE is an app that every dancer can easily use to record and watch high quality dance videos. Users can search for their favorite types of dance, like and share fresh content everyday. Dancers can participate in monthly dance competitions for cash prizes! Are you ready to JUSMOVE?

Diner

Diner is about more than just connecting existing friends for a meal, it's about forging new connections, both professionally and personally, over a good meal. The public platform allows users to browse public events, join a table, and keep up with changes and messages from upcoming events they've signed up for. Hosts are also given a lot of control over which events are public and how many seats at an event they make publicly available.

Skoozi

Skoozi is the premier platform where fans connect with celebrities and influencers. Choose your favorite celebrity and have an amazing experience by purchasing a personalized video message or a live one-on-one chat!

RollCall

RollCall is a fun way to check in LIVE with friends and family. Take a photo, share with a group, enjoy as they RollCall back. Have no fear, photo filters are here!

Pro Tips:
1) Swipe down on your photo to toggle filters
2) Rotate phone to view landscape photos full screen
3) Press and hold group to go straight to camera

Black Car Fund

The Black Car Fund is a non-profit organization created by New York State to protect New York’s for-hire drivers and their passengers — so that every ride is a safe ride. We realized a conceptual overhaul by modernizing the existing map for allowing drivers to seamlessly move to the location of the accident instead of filling out fields, saving them time & frustration. In the end we delivered a cutting-edge mobile experience with enhanced functionality for their customers.

Bleachr

Bleachr is a location based app...

Stunited

Stunited is a educational social app that enables to students to meet up to study, compare class schedules and review other student's work. The fully fleshed out design is backed by friendly modern visual theme, with customization capabilities such as choosing your strengths and interests.

Mobile App Dev for Prom Dress Retailer

“Our relationship never felt one-sided; it was like we had in-house dev and project management.”

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

App Partner both updated an outdated iOS app and built an Android version. They designed all the pages and integrated a “speed shop” feature that allows the user to make purchases within the app.

Product Manager, Retail Company

Unlike other agencies, App Partner is flexible and willing to collaborate on the dev process. The app had 54 transactions and a conversion rate of .70% within the first three weeks, doubling the number of sales from the previous app over the same time period.

I’m the product manager for a retail company. I’m in charge of the product development for our brand that sells Prom and special occasion dresses to teenage girls.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Partner?

We wanted to update and redesign our old iOS mobile app and build one for Android, as well. Additionally, we wanted customers to be able to buy dresses through the app because the original app redirected users to the website.

We held an initial kickoff meeting to discuss what we wanted the app to do and how we wanted it to look. We brainstormed ideas, created user flows, and went through every single screen we wanted to build. After we decided on everything, we began the build, working closely with their UI/UX designers.

The screens went right into dev after approval, which made it a quick and iterative process so nothing bottlenecked the project. After we finished the initial build, we tested various versions of the app, using both of our quality assurance teams. Finally, we finished the build by launching the iOS and Android versions of the app, and now we’re in the maintenance phase and making small tweaks and updates to the product.

We have a project manager, who I’m in daily contact with. App Partner’s co-CEO helped with marketing analytics and push notifications, and we work with a few developers on a daily basis. We have a dedicated iOS developer as well as an Android developer, and they have leads who oversee them and provide guidance as needed.

How did you come to work with App Partner?

We found App Partner on Google. We wanted a local company so that we didn’t have to fly all over the country or worry about conflicting time zones. They have a lot of retail experience, and we were impressed with previous apps they’d made, so we hired them.

We’ve spent under $200,000.

We began working together in April 2017 and the project is ongoing.

Within three weeks of launching the app, it already had 54 transactions and a .70% conversion rate, which was much more than we were expecting. Our user base for the iOS app is already over 5,000, and it’s been out for less than a month. It’s brought in over double the total revenue over the same time period just in the last few weeks alone, and the UI/UX is absolutely seamless.

With the old app, customers would stop using it after a few days because they knew it would send them to the site to make any purchases. Now, people are consistently returning and using the app on a regular basis.

App Partner is transparent about any bugs they find and immediately start trying to fix it. We’ve actually turned around some patches within a day, and that includes taking it through three development stages to make sure it works appropriately.

How did App Partner perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication is fluid and open. We talk via Slack or the phone regularly, and it’s always easy to get ahold of an actual person. We use Basecamp for longer conversations, and they’re flexible with our internal project management software and how we run things. Because they’re so close, we also have face-to-face meetings when we need to go over designs.

App Partner is always willing to listen to our ideas and collaborate on a project together. With a lot of other development companies, they often require you to do things their way, but App Partner isn’t like that. They know we’re more familiar with our brand, so they were willing to make adjustments that we thought would improve the overall user experience. Our relationship never felt one-sided; it was like we had in-house dev and project management because the team was so devoted to our company.

It would be nice if they had more knowledge of third-party tools that would benefit our app. We wanted to use Mixpanel for push notifications, and App Partner wasn’t familiar with that technology, so it took some extra time for all of us to learn about it.

Overall Score We hope to work with them in the future.
    Deadlines were pushed back a few times.
    Compared to other competitors , we got quality work for reasonable cost.
    They provided quality UI and code, and issues were fixed promptly..

Mobile App Dev for Smartphone Communication Devices

“App Partner gets all their work done on time, and the quality is always phenomenal.”

May 2014 - Ongoing

For over three years, App Partner has augmented the engineering team to streamline and improve development. They update existing apps on Android and iOS, doing architect, design, code, and unit testing.

COO, Communications Company

App Partner requires minimal oversight and proactively approaches every project. The team is collaborative and friendly, fostering a positive work environment. Although they’re only on site three or four times a week, they don’t fall behind in their assignments.

I’m the COO of a company that develops a radio device for smartphones to communicate in environments without cellular coverage.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Partner?

We needed a development team to update our apps and create functionality for a new product we’ll be launching soon.

Most of our apps need to be enhanced with new features and functionalities, and App Partner is essentially our onsite engineering support. We have a local engineering team and App Partner augments their work, helping with architect, design, code, and unit testing various Android and iOS apps.

One of our apps is a landscape map view that lets users locate the persons they’re communicating with while also accessing a chat window on the same screen. App Partner mainly does frontend and design, and the new product will be folded into an existing app.

We have four developers assigned to our team.

How did you come to work with App Partner?

The founders of our company developed the relationship.

We’ve spent around $500,000.

We began working with them in May 2014, and the work is still ongoing.

App Partner gets all their work done on time, and the quality is always phenomenal. We’ve been partnered with them for over three years, so that should say how satisfied we are with their work.

How did App Partner perform from a project management standpoint?

They work on site three or four days a week, so we’re in pretty constant communication with them. Their entire team is flexible, accommodating, and professional.

App Partner is well-experienced in app development. They’re able to jump in at any stage of a project, and they know how to work together to accomplish complicated tasks.

It would be nice if they could be on site five days a week.

Overall Score We have a strong relationship with them.

iOS MVP Dev for Meal Hosting App

“I ended up with something that I am very proud of, and they helped me get that.”

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

App Partner developed an application that allows people to connect over a meal. They started with an initial static prototype and then built a MVP for iOS with minimal bugs.

Kerry Fulton
Founder, Diner App Co.

The application is well received in the iOS market with 400 downloads and a retention rate of 70%. App Partner communicated in a timely manner, and provided a supportive post-development service.

I am the founder and CEO of Diner App Co. I created an app that brings people together over meals.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Partner?

I wanted to bring people together over a meal for a real-life experience. When someone is on their phone while eating, it means, “don’t talk to me.” I wanted to use that technology to facilitate connection.

I went to App Partner and asked for a prototype of the app I had in mind. We fleshed out ideas, we worked out a flow, we designed a wireframe, we thought up features, and we discussed how the features would and would not be useful.

I took this static prototype to market and showed it to people. From there, I crowdsourced money and raised a family and friends round to go back to App Partner and build my first minimum viable product (MVP). I went back with research, feedback and a new business model. We looked at my business model and discussed how we could build out specific features and attributes. The app was released in August and I work with them weekly.

They have a great support system for post-development. After the release date, App Partner spent some time on my app to fix bugs, make adjustments, and add a few attributes.

I work with a project manager and a developer from App Partner. I brought in my own designer and they worked together.

How did you come to work with App Partner?

My son was researching the best app development companies in New York for a seed investment firm, and App Partner came up at the top of the list. It was important that I could work with someone local so that I could sit and talk with people or call them if need be.

About $42,000.

We started working together in January 2016 and currently work together in post-development.

I have received a lot of feedback from people in the market and currently have 400 downloads with a 70% retention rate. The app is currently just on iOS and is bug-free. Once I raise my seed round, I’ll be adding new features and developing an Android version.

How did App Partner perform from a project management standpoint?

We mainly communicated either online or over the phone. Communicating online allowed us to keep a record of everything we talked about, what we’ve done, where we’re going, and what still needs to be done.

I’m old school and preferred having everybody’s phone numbers, and they always take my calls. At one point, my app wasn’t working, and I was able to call them up and resolve it immediately.

I was the kind of customer that had to see something fleshed out, only to change my mind a little bit. App Partner was very patient with me.

I didn’t know how long it would take when working with App Partner, but they were always able to produce what was needed in a timely matter.

As I had a good experience with them while I was doing my MBA at Stern, I recommended them to my classmates. I then got an unprompted e-mail from Drew, the Co-CEO of App Partners, thanking me with free hours.

They could improve their design capabilities, I brought my own designer from outside. They should also invest in experienced product managers, not only project managers, to assist novice entrepreneurs, such as myself.

Mobile App Dev for Social Media Marketing Agency

“They’ve always met their delivery dates, both in quality and on time.”

Oct. 2012 - Ongoing

App Partner provides long-term support to a social agency, working on app development for iOS and Android. They’ve worked on the frontend design and the backend operating system of a variety of different apps.

Michael Mullarkey
CEO, Brickfish

One game they designed exceeded its first 90 days goal by over 100%, gaining more than 150,000 downloads in 4 weeks. The team complements the in-house team well, bringing a wealth of mobile expertise, and is experienced, communicative, and responsive, as illustrated by the long-term partnership.

I am the CEO of Brickfish. We help large brands build, manage, and monitor what they do across a social graph.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Partner?

We’ve worked with App Partner over the last three to four years. We’ve had large scale clients who come to us with multiple development needs which, at the time, exceeded the staffing capability we had. We reached out to them for specific projects, and then it grew into a much larger relationship.

One of our engagements was for a candy brand. They were looking to grow their business. We had to put together a large campaign promotion around creating new characters. We worked with App Partner to create an iOS and Android app. We also created the concept for a 3D game using Unity Technology, as well as the play-to-win strategy.

In that project, most of the work was on the iOS and Android app. They made sure that we were able to submit it to the App Store, get a process, and get any questions answered or adjusted. We allowed four weeks for the App Store process, and in actual fact, we got through in seven days with a couple of small adjustments. That allowed us to get to market on time, if not early.

We worked with six to eight members of their team, both on the frontend design and the backend operating system for the platform, along with other team members for project management and mobile strategy.

How did you come to work with App Partner?

We had seen some of the other apps that they had built working with third parties so I met with Drew [Co-CEO, App Partner], Justin [Co-CEO, App Partner], and their team. I saw their full capabilities, specifically around game strategy and gameplay. Our focus is on a holistic approach to marketing for digital, social, mobile, and in-store, while their focus is mobile. We needed to augment our campaign with that project expertise.

$500,000–750,000.

We started working together in October 2012 and the work is ongoing.

For this game, we exceeded all the initial goals for the first 90 days by over 100%. In the first four weeks, it was downloaded more than 150,000 times. It helped us gain in-store traffic and sell-through for the retailer and for the manufacturer. The game got high ratings and reviews based on its complexity and its quality.

It also helped us solidify our relationship with the client, which led to millions of dollars of additional work over the next couple years.

How did App Partner perform from a project management standpoint?

We had outstanding project management leads in the very beginning to scope out the project and constant communication. That was invaluable for us because we were working remotely. We had builds and code review every other week. They always met their time and dates.

We worked in Basecamp and also used Slack. We used GitHub as a repository for some of the digital assets. We both have a lot of the same open source or subscription tools.

They’re a senior team that’s very experienced in understanding the quality that’s expected. They’ve always met their delivery dates both in quality and on time. If there were any issues or adjustments that come up during a project, they bring them up immediately.

Across all four or five App Store applications that we’ve built with them, we’ve always got through in the shortest period of time and with flying colors. They offer support after the applications are launched. They’re very responsive in doing that work in a reasonable time and for a reasonable price.

They have such a quality offering that they would benefit from moving to more complex engagements. I have that much belief in them. They would do very well at it.

Do you have any advice for a future client of theirs?

Make sure that Drew [Co-CEO, App Partner] and the senior management team understand what the goals are. Check in with them throughout the project, but understand that they have very talented people that will deal with the day-to-day. When issues come up, don’t be afraid to pick up the phone or send a quick email or Slack message to communicate with them. They’re very responsive.

Overall Score We would hire them again and we’re always willing to give a good reference.
    Over five different projects, they’ve delivered on time and to a schedule every time.
    They’re worth every dime we paid them, but we’ve seen their rates increase the last couple of years.
    We have outstanding ratings from third parties that looked at the apps after we launched.
    We have recommended them to other partners that we have.

Mobile App Dev for Secure Location Services Platform

"They made it very simple for me. It’s been easy working with them."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

App Partner helped a startup design, develop, and launch an iOS app. The app allows users to monitor proximity without compromising their privacy or revealing their exact location.

Founder, Location Services App

The app's user-friendly design and useful functions earned positive feedback from users. App Partner distinguished themselves through their responsive communication and flexible schedules. Their willingness to provide thorough explanations made them an excellent partner for a startup.

This application provides location services. It’s a proximity meter that hides the location you start from and keeps your privacy. I’m the founder of the company.

The app could help many people. Restaurants could use the app so they would know if the person who reserved a table is close enough to hold the table or not. Federal Express, UPS, or the U.S. Postal Service could also use the app, and this could help alleviate the problem with packages being stolen. You could know the package’s specific proximity to your home, so you could call your neighbor and have them sign for it instead of leaving it unattended. It could be used for doctor’s offices, dental offices, and family gatherings. Parents could also use if their children are traveling to know when they arrive. Some teenagers wouldn’t want to give up their location, but parents want to know when they’re heading home so the teenager accepts the invitation and the parent knows when they’re moving, when they’re heading home, and when they get there.

I am a three-time cancer survivor, which gave me the inspiration to find something that can generate funds for cancer research. A large portion of the proceeds will be donated to cancer research.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Partner?

It’s a free utility app. I don’t have a technology background so I needed help to create the app for iOS.

When I first went to them, I shared a few drawings that I had done. A member of their team produced some design schemes, and I fell in love with them. It made me feel that she understood what I wanted this app to do and what I wanted it to look like. I was very happy with what she presented, and I selected the features and colors that I wanted. I felt at ease when I initially met with Drew Johnson who is the co-CEO and founder. He understood what I wanted and how to go about it. He gave me a set of simple steps that we would take to reach my goal in writing and explained what to expect at each step.

We’re close to launching it. It’s going to be a soft launch. We used an app called HockeyApp to allow us to send it to people to test it before presenting it to the App Store. But the HockeyApp confused some people and some weren’t able to download it correctly. We let people know that we want them to test it and tell their friends and this way, we’re collecting feedback.

How did you come to work with App Partner?

I found them on the Internet and I read about them on Clutch.co. They were very helpful and the conversation I had with Drew sold me on working with them. He encouraged me to meet with them to discuss my goals and what it would cost. I felt a personal connection with App Partner from the beginning.

We have spent $41,000 so far.

We started working with them in January 2017.

I showed it to someone who had developed some apps in South America and he said it was very well made. It seems user-friendly and I’m very happy with it. Other people that have seen my app say they love the color and the feel of it, and they’re happy with it too. I get criticism about it taking too much time to use, so we want to make a quicker way, and I think we’re getting there.

How did App Partner perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very communicative. We communicate through Basecamp, WhatsApp, or Google Hangouts. I live in the Dominican Republic and a lot has been done through email as well. I fly out to meet with them every two months when I go for checkups. I have no complaints with the way we’ve communicated and their quick response and their set-up time for meetings.

I’ve been really impressed with them because they know I have little knowledge in this industry, and they don’t tell me what I should or should not do. They give me examples of what could happen depending on what road I take, and that has helped me make decisions that have saved me money and helped me produce what I want. The project started out one way, and it has developed and improved because of their help. They give me options and that’s what I’m most thankful for.

They made it very simple for me. It’s been easy working with them and I’ve learned a lot from them. They were never pushy; they let me work on my speed on my terms, and I appreciate that. I felt good working with them. They’ve been very helpful and friendly. They want to create what I want. I’m very happy with them.

The only difficulty we’ve had is HockeyApp; it’s cumbersome for people that are not accustomed to a lot of gadgets. By launching this way, I couldn’t get full feedback from a larger group. If there was another way that they can have the app tested at a larger scale without the HockeyApp, that would be good.

Overall Score They were excellent. If I develop another app, it would be with them.
    They’ve been punctual for meetings. They’ve always delivered on the dates they said they would deliver.
    Their pricing seems very fair. Having face-to-face communication and no time difference increased the value they provided.
    They’ve done everything they said they would do. They’ve completed every task when they said they would. I’m very happy with them.

Mobile App Prototype Creation for e-Learning Platform

"App Partner put in the effort to customize their services to our needs and really listen to us."

Feb. 2017 - Sept. 2017

App Partner built, tested, and refined a mobile app prototype for a consulting firm. The app allows users to listen to stories offline and complete interactive lessons and assignments.

Jerome Deroy
CEO, Narativ Inc.

The prototype's attractive design and user-friendly audio functions received positive feedback from test users. App Partner's solid management, responsive communication, and proactive delivery were crucial to its success. They invested in the project's success and valued robust collaboration.

I run a company called Narativ and I’m the CEO. We are a communication consulting firm and we also produce media for companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Partner?

We have a number of clients that we work with at any given moment. When we reached out to App Partner, we were at a juncture in our business where we were thinking of how to scale what we do. Our business involves company interventions, which required us and people from the company to be at a certain place, at a certain time, and often that would pose some hurdles for the company.

We were thinking of ways to avoid that and had the idea of creating an app that would allow us to deliver some aspects of our method.

We had a prototype created that we could then bring to clients for feedback. The idea was to test it out a little in the real world before creating the full-fledged app. Right now, we're in the process of talking to our clients about this prototype and having them see it, test it out, and give us some feedback. The next step will be to come back to App Partner before the end of the year and say what needs changing, and reporting what works and what doesn’t.

What we're trying to do with this app is to collect stories when we work with certain clients, record those stories, and put them in the app so that other people in the company can listen to these stories. The app includes lessons and assignments that are based on the stories.

The app’s interface is like a podcast so you can listen to it anywhere you go, even if you're offline. App Partner did some research to find other podcast apps that might be good models, and then they created something that I thought was quite original, with a very easy way to play the stories, then the lessons and assignments. It offers an interaction between the user and the app.

How did you come to work with App Partner?

Our CTO did some research and found three or four companies. We met with each of them, and then we met with Drew, the CEO of App Partner. I was put at ease that I was meeting someone at a high level.

We met at their office and they really helped us from A to Z, starting with brainstorm sessions to figure out exactly what our needs were. They helped us to refine and define our ideas.

We’ve spent $10,000 to get to this prototype over a period of a couple of months.

We started to work with them in February 2017 and the engagement has stopped for now. The idea is that we’ll review all of the feedback and see how we can move forward to a live app at the end of this year.

What’s nice about the prototype is that you can get a pretty good idea of what the live version is going to look like. In terms of qualitative feedback, we’ve received some really good feedback from our clients who enjoy the design, the flow of the prototype, and how you move from one task to the next. The best feedback we got was on the audio player and also that the app is very intuitive and makes sense. I feel like we’re on the right track.

How did App Partner perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great in terms of project management. We met with Drew first who had introduced me to the team, which consisted of their chief designer who immediately put us on Basecamp. I found that to be pretty helpful. They would communicate with us through Basecamp which works well.

They were very responsive. As soon as we had questions, they would get back to us within 24 hours. If they couldn’t do that, they would give us a clear alternative timeline. The other thing I should say is that everything was done on time. We never were really waiting around for anything; if anything, they were the ones who were waiting for us. But I thought they were very responsive and very good at catching things that might need our attention.

This is the first time we’ve done something like this, but just from the meetings that I took with other app developers, App Partner was more relatable. The way that Drew listened to our needs made me feel like we’d been heard. It didn't feel like we were going to be taken through a cookie-cutter template after which they’ll spit something out at the end — I felt that way with other providers. App Partner put in the effort to customize their services to our needs and really listen to us. They genuinely valued our input even though we had no experience in this field.

I can’t really think of anything. For me, the real test is going to be when the app goes live and how it gets maintained. We have an agreement that they will respond to any glitches during the launch.

In terms of the process so far just to get us to a prototype, I really don't think there's any criticism that I have or anything that they might be able to improve on. The most important things to me were communication and the result. On those two fronts, they really checked the boxes.

Overall Score They helped us understand what we really needed and defined it. I'm very happy overall.
    They were always on time and gave us plenty of notice for meetings and scheduling.
    They were among the only ones who actually offered us to do this for under $10,000.
    Clients seem to be happy and we definitely got the results we wanted.
    I've done that already.

Mobile App Dev for Workers Comp Insurance Provider

"App Partner made sure that we were happy and maintained constant contact."

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

App Partner conducted a comprehensive review and redesign of a mobile solution (iOS and Android), providing full-stack development with intuitive navigation and feature improvements through 6 resources.

Vincent Bell
IT Director, The Black Car Fund

Since launching in app stores, the new version boosted download numbers over the past 6 months and attracted positive feedback due to its reliable performance and streamlined UX/XI. App Partner’s dedication, robust project organization, and satisfactory customer service encourage productivity.

I am the IT director of The Black Car Fund. We provide workers’ compensation insurance to independent contractors who work in the black car and limousine business in New York state. We cover corporate and travel-management company drivers.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Partner?

We wanted to redesign our app and offer claimants a quicker way to report accidents to us. Our original app developer went out of business, and we’d had a difficult time with them.

App Partner provided a comprehensive review of our current app and suggested a way to migrate it to current technology. It had been designed around 4 years ago and was outdated. It needed a redesign and some additional features. Our app was developed natively for both iOS and Android. App Partner worked both on the frontend design and the backend of the app.

They redesigned and redeveloped the whole app from start to finish and offered some feature improvements for choosing dates and locations. App Partner also redid the login process, making it more intuitive and agile for users. They launched the app on stores and turned over everything to us.

We had a project manager and 5 other resources assigned to us.

How did you come to work with App Partner?

We searched for local companies on Google and talked to 4–5 vendors. Based on time and cost proposals, App Partner won the project.

How much have you invested with App Partner?

The cost of their work was around $40,000.

We started working with App Partner in September 2016. They finished the core part of the project, but we are discussing further additions.

The new version has gotten more downloads in the first 6 months compared to the previous app. Users like the new app better; it’s cleaner and doesn’t crash. The database seems to function more effectively, and the update process is quicker. App Partner has been generally better at responding to issues.

How did App Partner perform from a project management standpoint?

From start to finish, we had a cohesive project. App Partner was a great team to work with. They kept everything up-to-date and used OnBase to keep track of different deliverables. App Partner made sure that we were happy and maintained constant contact.

What did you find most impressive about App Partner?

They’re dedicated to us as the customer.

Are there any areas App Partner could improve?

They generally kept to the project schedule, even when we needed to change something.
    Apps aren’t typically cheap. App Partner was midrange, based on our expectations, so we were happy.
    The application and service were as expected.
    I would recommend App Partner.

Mobile App Dev for Personal Care Products Manufacturer

"I’m very happy with how the app turned out... They go the extra mile to figure out what you want."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

App Partner developed an iOS and Android app that interfaced with a Bluetooth-enabled scale. They were also critical to the brainstorming and wireframing before development began.

1,001-5,000 Employees

New York City Metro Area
Marketing Director, Conair Corporation

App users find the product intuitive and aesthetically appealing. App Partner did a great job explaining the app development process, and they contributed valuable insight into the market as a whole. The team was able to work independently and focus on the big picture.

Conair Corporation is a personal care manufacturer of products including hair dryers, curling irons, grooming items, mirrors, bathroom scales and wellness items like spas. I’m the director of marketing for bathroom scales.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Partner?

I was working on introducing a Bluetooth-connected scale into the market and needed an app developed. Our company doesn’t have an internal department that could work on that and I don’t have any personal experience with creating apps.

The process was very collaborative and included App Partner, my engineers, and me. We started with brainstorming where I laid out information about the scale market, what I was trying to accomplish, and who I thought my customer was. Their team brainstormed more to come up with the features that we wanted the app to have in terms of look and feel. They were looking at competitive apps and related apps in other fields. Before we got to the initial wireframes, they provided a lot of thinking around the person that would be using the app. They came up with case studies to show the users we would be trying to reach. App Partner provided guidance in terms of their industry expertise. They provided multiple options with their recommendations, which I liked.

It’s a fairly complex app for iOS and Android that walks you through how the hardware works. You have to set up the scales. Then there’s a part of the app that shows you the results of all the different measurements that the scale can take. There were several releases where we built up additional features. App Partner has been doing all the support since we launched. I liked working with their development person. They have an account executive who is the person between me and their developers. I’ve also talked to the designers directly in group meetings and Skype calls.

How did you come to work with App Partner?

I searched for a good company on Google. I took the top 25 that were listed in an article I found, looked at their websites, and called them. I found App Partner to be exceptionally responsive. I called and left a message, and within minutes, someone called me back. The person was moving and wasn’t in the office, but they wanted to call and let me know they got the message and wanted to work with me. Some other companies didn’t even call back.

One of the things that won me over about App Partner was that they were not condescending. I talked to a couple of other app companies that used tech language that I didn’t know. I got the feeling they were rolling their eyes internally. App Partner was very helpful in explaining what needed to happen, what the options were, and what they would recommend and why. They made it easy for me to understand the challenges so that I could provide appropriate direction.

I also wanted someone local that I could visit if I wanted to.

How much have you invested with App Partner?

We had a fairly limited budget for what we needed to accomplish and App Partner managed to stay within those limits.

We started working with them in April 2016, and the product was launched in September 2016 on both the iOS and Android app stores. We had an aggressive timeline given what all we had to accomplish. We had to get approval from the licensor as well.

The sales of the scales are good. My customers are very happy. I was expecting a much higher call volume of consumers calling in with questions about how to connect or how the app works. We have had a very low call volume which is awesome because it means the app is working great on its own. We’ve done extensive beta testing ourselves besides what App Partner did. The feedback has been great about the colors and look and feel. It’s fresh, enticing, and simple to use. Any suggestions people made have already been included in the new releases of the app.

How did App Partner perform from a project management standpoint?

My project manager and I would talk at least once a week; sometimes more than that. We also communicate through email. I felt that was sufficient. We set an agenda so we knew what needed to be accomplished the next week. They use Basecamp, which worked out really well for us.

What did you find most impressive about App Partner?

They’re very good at figuring out what I want and making that happen. I can’t compare them to other app developers because they’re the first I’ve worked with, but other vendors I work with need a lot of direction and some are good only with very specific direction. With App Partner, they go the extra mile to figure out what you want. They think of the big picture and give feedback on our ideas and what consequences it has on the whole structure of the app and the usability.

Are there any areas App Partner could improve?

No. I’m very happy with the work they’ve done. I’ve recommended them internally and also to some of my colleagues in the industry.

Overall Score I am very happy with them.
    We had an aggressive timeline that they met. If there were any timelines that slipped, it was due to me.
    I got a wide range of quotes ranging from half of what I’m paying App Partner to three times what I’m paying. I feel that the cost-value relationship here is very good.
    I’m very happy with how the app turned out, given that I didn’t know what to expect. I feel like we have a very solid product that performs well and connects well. People like it and it’s easy for users to navigate.
    I already have.

Series of Apps to Empower People With Disabilities

"App Partner is always looking for a smart way to build in the power and functionalities I'm looking for."

2014 - Ongoing

App Partner developed an efficient mobile app to support users with language impairment. This assistive tech uniquely enables diverse communication modes beyond simple sentence building.

New York Metro Area
Founder, Accessibility Technology Firm

The launched app boasts superb functionality and a terrific market reaction in a highly specialized field. App Partner took a clear vision and created conversational capabilities with thoughtful software innovation and nuanced problem solving.

We build apps for people with disabilities. Particularly, a solution which allows non-verbal people with cerebral palsy and autism to speak. We also have an app which can help people who are unable to hold a pencil to do math.

I am the CEO of the company. I have a 19-year-old son with cerebral palsy and have been involved in the world of assistive technology for over a decade, bringing about significant changes to the space. I have an advertising background and determined that this software space needed someone like me, instead of another social worker. I aimed to change perceptions around people with disabilities, giving them a voice which not only is heard but which people will listen to.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Partner?

We are also developing an app for people with language impairment issues. It allows users to determine if a child has genetic inabilities for processing grammar through some simple games. Those kids are viewed as being unintelligent, as opposed to having an inability specifically around grammar. Because of this, they're never taught properly; teachers will become frustrated with them, causing the kids to fall off the wagon.

I was looking for a partner who would help me take a clear vision and translate it into an efficient and engaging product. As an ex-advertising and communications expert, and as someone who is steeped in the world of technology, I needed someone to take this deep knowledge, understand it, and translate it into a product that reflected my vision and would deliver the right experience. This product would be created in a world in which innovation and evolution are no longer annual processes, but daily or even hourly ones. The partner needed to evolve along with the world, so things needed to be done smartly, efficiently, and in a modular manner.

App Partner developed my solution. People with physical disabilities have a completely different world of access. Their fingers and vision work differently, so it was important to understand that the typical way of doing things wouldn't necessarily work here. In working with App Partner, they proved very insightful and able to listen. They brought development approaches that let me accomplish what I needed to accomplish.

We've gone through rigorous intuitive-testing sessions with intended users and went through an iterative design process. App Partner's Agile development methodology allows us to reach functionality, while still ensuring that our approach is the right one for the market.

How did you come to work with App Partner?

I found App Partner online and liked their logo.

This is confidential.

I started working with App Partner four years ago.

App Partner has tracked smartly against what our needs are. There are multiple checkpoints for making sure we are meeting our technical and usability requirements. App Partner is always looking for a smart way to build in the power and functionalities I'm looking for.

What I have done with App Partner's help has resulted in a product for non-verbal individuals, which allows for many different modes of communication, as opposed to the many speech-generating apps, which only allow people to build sentences. The market reception has been terrific. We have the ability to understand the numerous opportunities for conversation given by the product.

How did App Partner perform from a project management standpoint?

We have strong weekly calls and have used typical project management software over the years.

What did you find most impressive about App Partner?

I've noticed a parallel evolution between their company and our product. App Partner has taken the same perspective of building robust solutions as a platform for growth, integrating it into their business model.

App Partner is able to understand the usability requirements of a product and build something which can deliver complex and nuanced requirements in an effortless way. Simplicity is something which takes a lot of time to achieve, and App Partner has put that time in.

Are there any areas App Partner could improve?

No. As they grow as a company, I believe that App Partner will be able to maintain the same standards and thoughtful approach, but this is a challenge for any small-to-medium-sized company.

As with any client, it's incumbent upon us to keep up with the timeline and be available to the provider. As long as there was open communication, App Partner responded well and went above and beyond.
    App Partner provided thoughtful, high-quality work, exceeding my expectations. The price did not exceed my expectations, on the other hand.
    App Partner was always there when I needed them.

Event Marketing Platform Augmentation Partnership

"App Partner has begun to adapt to and understand our thought processes ... "

In the span 12 months, App Partner has delivered multiple iOS/Android apps and often serves an extension of the in-house team. The apps delivered support the platform's experiential marketing efforts.

Washington, DC
COO, Event Marketing Platform

App Partner internalized the platform, identified methods to improve scalability, served in creative brainstorming to move the product forward and has found themselves as a true extension of the internal team.

We provide an event-marketing platform with 2 primary revenue streams. One is the software-as-a-service product which clients use as an enterprise event solution for registration, check-in, and data capturing for engagement measurement. The other revenue stream is an experiential division which creates in-event experiences using NFC [near field communication] technology, allowing guests to interact at different touch points. We collect information from the guests, as well as share information with them by means of email and text message. We create ways for attendees to engage with events, both for data-capturing purposes and to allow them to have a better experience.

I am the COO of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Partner?

Our team has limited resources for getting into certain aspects of our experiential offering.

We have engaged App Partner on a number of projects throughout the last 12 months, using them as an extension of our team, from knowledge to resource and development standpoints, creating experiences for us and our customers.

App Partner has created a number of applications, primarily for Android and iOS. Each of these applications provides experiences for different areas of an event. Some clients will use 3–4 touch points, or activations.

How did you come to work with App Partner?

App Partner was referred to us by some team members who had used the company in the past. We've worked with other agencies in the past for similar work. The decision ultimately came down to App Partner's ability to sit down and deliver confidence around delivering timelines and meeting the specifications of our scope of work. This is what ultimately led us to use App Partner as a go-to resource for our projects.

How much have you invested with App Partner?

The cost of App Partner's work has been above $200,000.

We started working with App Partner a year ago.

App Partner has never missed an important deadline. From a reliability standpoint, it's essential not to second-guess their abilities.

Each one of our projects is similar in nature, but they vary based off of creative experience and content being delivered to the guest. App Partner has helped us build a more scalable platform.

How did App Partner perform from a project management standpoint?

App Partner has done a great job of assigning a project manager and technical lead who understood what we were trying to accomplish, taking the work a step further. In some cases, working with a development partner means getting deliverables which are identical to the scope of work, which is not ideal if we haven't thought of everything. App Partner has been an extension of our thought processing and brainstorming for creating solutions. They've been able to fill in the blanks and make decisions.

I appreciate the proactive nature of App Partner's team, their ability to work autonomously and to collaborate with our customers as an extension of our own team. It decreased our reliance on our own project managers. The collaboration has been beneficial to both ourselves and our customers.

What did you find most impressive about App Partner?

App Partner has been a great partner in terms of understanding the technology which we use for interacting with our central platform, helping us build, scale, and create a mechanism in order to more easily deploy experiences in the long-term. App Partner has begun to adapt to and understand our thought processes and the reasoning behind creating our plug-and-play experience platform.

Are there any areas App Partner could improve?

There's nothing that stands out to me. Any criticisms I've had have been resolved, and they were more to do with resource availability. App Partner's team is accessible and responsive. They've worked with us on-site, which is another positive things. As an event technology platform, there were times when our client needed us on-site for help with the onboarding and training process. They're an extension of our company in every sense of the word.