Hello, We are App and Game Developers

We are a young company specializing in various “Smart Phone Apps” tailored to our customer’s needs. Being a young company we are price aggressive allowing us to offer our services at lower rates compared to our competitors. All our programmers and designers have 5+ years’ experience in the industry so you are getting the same services at lower rates.

We go above and beyond! We don’t just develop apps, We develop businesses and increase efficiency in already standing businesses and companies.

-We are highly motivated and passionate about every project we take on.
-We are 100% transparent and tell you everything you need to know before and during development takes place.
-We sit down with you to discuss the possibilities and risks involved with your project.
-We offer a 12 Month warranty on all our projects.
-We communicate with you on a daily bases to make sure everyone is on the same page.
-All our programmers and designers are located in Australia unless discussed otherwise.

Sydney, Australia
  • 24-32 Lexington Drive
    Sydney, NSW 2153
    Australia

App Dev and Fundraising for Nanny Startup

"App Boxer took my simple idea and drove it to a point where it's become an asset..."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

After performing market research to ensure viability and creating wireframes, App Boxer developed native iOS and Android apps with Python backends. They also designed the UX and UI and helped with fundraising.

Sydney, Australia.
Bosco Wong
CEO, Abz Apps

The app’s beta version tested well, which helped secure significant funding. Though App Boxer offers project management tools, their flexible approach allows to maintain consistent communication. Far from being just a developer, App Boxer is focus on providing full business development support.

I’m the CEO and founder of Abz Apps. We offer an app that helps solve the expensive childcare costs you see in Australia.

For what projects/services did your company hire App Boxer?

I needed someone to help me build the app and find investors.

What were your goals for this project

I wanted to determine if there was another service in the market like mine and if my idea had any legs.

I spoke to a number of possible app developers—three agencies and two friends in the industry—who felt like salespeople. No one had any critiques of my idea, which made me uncomfortable as I knew nothing about app development and needed a lot of help.

The owner and team at App Boxer were the only ones who broke my idea into parts and brainstormed solutions for possible scenarios before I signed a contract. I took the proposal from App Boxer to my friends in the industry, who felt comfortable with the strategy and technology they proposed.

After I brought the idea, App Boxer took the project from there, defining the scope, building the wireframes, writing the documentation, and doing user research to see if our assumptions were correct. They designed the UX and UI, developed the project in native iOS and Android, and used Python for the backend. They outsourced my branding and legal needs but did help secure funding.

I deal directly with their owner, who has a technical background and acts as a project manager. While he’s been with me for the whole project, other people have come and gone depending on what phase we’re in including a UX designer and marketing/strategy guy.

We’ve successfully beta tested the app in a small market with great results. The app faced bugs resulting from normal use, which were fixed quickly. Functionally, the app works great, but we’re aware that it’s confusing for some people.

I’m extremely pleased with the results and progress to this point. App Boxer took my simple idea and drove it to a point where it's become an asset that can either be sold or run as a business. They helped us secure $200,000 in funding, so we’re now focusing on making it is profitable with a certain number of active users.

It isn’t hard to manage communication with their team. We have regular face to face meetings to discuss progress, issues, and next steps, and I didn’t use any tools, though, I was invited to use a project management tool to view the development sprints. I never felt the need to be connected at that level.

Their ability to support the full process of a startup is remarkable. They say that making an app is easy but that it’s hard to build a business around it with a great marketing strategy. They nailed the app, as it runs better than I originally expected, but their main contribution, which blew me away, is their capability to do other things like marketing, fundraising, and locating business partners.

I can’t pinpoint anything from App Boxer’s perspective since all the issues during development came from me either changing my mind about certain features or being too busy to communicate and provide feedback.

Overall Score It was amazing. I hear a lot of horror stories but they made development easy and delivered something extremely good.
    It was as expected and defined by App Boxer from the start. The only delays were caused by me.
    They were in the middle of local development price points.
    Everything was above expectations. They making made my idea into a real app with only minimal input needed from me.
    It's highly likely. I've already referred them to a few friends based on the current success of the beta test.

Software Design and Development for Digital Marketing Agency

"Their CEO is a young wizard who grew up on technology."

Jan. 2017 - Sept. 2017

App Boxer developed a paperless software solution to link with a healthcare CRM, creating the design and working through the process from development to publishing, branding, and maintenance.

Sydney, Australia
Business Development Manager, Digital Agency

The finished solution is yet to be properly rolled out but is already in use by some customers. App Boxer is quick to address any issues that arise under their one-year warranty plan, while always taking the initiative during the project to ensure an appropriate and solid app was built.

I'm the business development manager at a digital agency.

For what projects/services did your company hire App Boxer?

We hired them to develop a paperless solution which links directly to a healthcare CRM called Cliniko. The solution runs as a native app on both iOS and Android, with an in-depth management portal for the business owners.

To build a simple system that can be used by the healthcare industry and easily link with their existing infrastructure.

We asked in our business networks for recommendations of companies people had worked with in the past. App Boxer was recommended by several friends, as well as a large number of people in a local startup Facebook group.

We had only our idea at the beginning. They started by guiding us through a kick-off phase, which involved a brainstorming workshop. They then built the whole scope. The only requirement we had was for the system to be easy to use and integrate with Cliniko. They filled in the gaps with a number of features and took care of everything including the design, development, publishing, branding, marketing strategy, and maintenance.

We dealt directly with a project manager and the CEO/founder. The bulk of the work was done by outsourced resources, to whom their project manager delegated. The original project manager left the project in the fourth month, but their CEO stepped into the role to ensure there was no loss of communication.

The app was completed in the middle of last year and is now used in four medical practices. Since then, a number of issues were found and App Boxer fixed them at no additional cost as the work was covered under their 12-month warranty. The project has been on delay since completion mainly due to our lack of time to push the system to our clients. We have roughly 20 more practices who are interested, we just need to sign them up.

Once the scope was defined and approved by us, they took on everything. We had weekly meetings in the early stages to keep updated, but that dropped to every two weeks as the work was underway. No tools were used from our end to manage the workflow, only a weekly report provided by App Boxer, as well as the in-person meetings.

Their CEO is a young wizard who grew up on technology. He's a self-taught programmer who turned his hobby into a 20-person company. He is at every meeting and takes responsibility for anything that happens with the projects. He's a very honest person who is confident enough to tell you if your ideas aren't good. This was very reassuring as with the other companies we spoke to, it felt like they were trying to sell something we didn't want or need.

The only complaint from us is that we feel some of the problems in the app should have been found during the development cycle, rather than when we sat down for our meetings. However, I do note that they're growing very fast and are struggling with some growing pains.

Updated Review

This review was updated on August 30th, 2018 by the client. The original star ratings were: Overall - 4, Quality - 4, Schedule - 4, Cost - 5, NPS - 5 before the new content is below:

App Boxer took some time to work with me based on the feedback I gave in order to improve their process and find out why I gave those scores.

Overall Score It wasn't perfect but it was extremely cost-effective.
    The project did go a little over the estimated timeline but it was within reason.
    It was extremely competitive for the end result.
    We love the results.
    I'm an App Boxer advocate now and have referred a number of friends and colleagues.

App Dev for Action Sports Information Platform

“Their team goes above and beyond our expectations.”

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

App Boxer designed a platform to share information about action sports. They developed a functional and interactive app that provided event updates and location information for iOS and Android users.

Sydney Australia
Sean Manwarring
Founder, Lets Live

The app received praise from the action sports scene for its design and performance. The App Boxer team prioritized transparent communication and an invested approach to customer service to ensure they met our expectations and goals for the app.

I am the founder and director of Lets Live. We are an Australian startup that provides informational, educational, and entertainment content about the action sports scene.

For what projects/services did your company hire App Boxer?

We wanted to create an interactive app that acted as a complete information source for those interested in action sports. Users could find important news updates, shop locations, and upcoming events on a singular platform.

We wanted to test our company’s concept and service by releasing a fully functional and well-presented app on the market.

A close friend highly recommended their services.

App Boxer developed a functioning platform for iOS, Android, and web-based users with different gamification elements to encourage user interaction and engagement. Their team also integrated back-office CRM tools to track our progress.

I work closely with the project manager a few other App Boxer representatives.

We have received positive feedback from our target market regarding the UX/UI design and additional features. The results have been better than I expected.

We moved through the workflow with transparency and efficiency. App Boxer’s strong communication skills allowed for easy planning and time management.

They show constant interest in our project. The team is actively suggesting new ideas and solutions to optimize our app. Their level of engagement throughout the process demonstrates their investment in our vision.

Their team goes above and beyond our expectations. I do not see any room for improvement.

Overall Score We are very happy with the result.
    Scheduling processes were extremely efficient.
    The cost was competitive and well-suited to their level of service.
    The quality of their work is amazing.
    I am very likely to refer them in the future.