We build impactful brands.

Gold

We are a digitally-focused branding agency based in Maine.

We help underdogs and challenger brands build impactful brands. Tucked away from the noise and the hype, we focus on the fundamentals of building successful businesses: strategic thinking, hard work, and honest results.

Through beautiful design and innovative digital marketing plans, we bring brands to life and help them flourish.

Lewiston, ME
  • 223 Lisbon Street
    Lewiston, ME 04240
  • 995 Market Street
    San Francisco, CA 94103
  • Portland, ME 04101
  • 745 Atlantic Avenue
    Boston, MA 02111

TaskRabbit  |  Apple  |  Ubisoft  |  Sappi  |  Bosch  |  Sony  |  Samsung  |  Guideline  |  Outer Aisle  |  Terrasoul Superfoods  |  Kate Farms  |  Baxter Brewing  |  Garth Brooks  |  Visit Portland  |  HouseCanary  |  DCU

Dirigo FCU

Branding and marketing for Maine's leading credit union.

Bates

Brand Identity design for Bates College

Heatable

Heating oil delivery at your fingertips.

Rebrand and Web Design for Restaurant

"Ultimately, Anchour delivered. They delivered on time. They're creative. They're good people. That's why I liked working with them."

Nov. 2015 - Feb. 2016

Anchour delivered a complete rebranding campaign for a high-end bistro. Services included a new e-commerce website, new fonts, menu design, logo, and other marketing materials.

Lewiston, ME
Eric Agren
Owner, Fuel Restaurant

Although it’s hard to quantify the results of a rebranding effort, revenue increased 7% since launch. Anchour proved themselves to be a capable design firm: they were responsive, eager, and aggressive in their approach. Their market research paid off: the new design was just right.

Fuel Restaurant is a mid-level to high-end French bistro and wine bar in Lewiston, Maine.

I'm the owner.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Anchour?

Things were starting to look a little tired around here. The restaurant has been open for nine years, and it was time for a refresh. I wanted to modify the logo and do a new website, which would be e-commerce enabled. Also, a complete rebranding around all of our fonts, a new menu design, and so on.

They did all of the above.

How did you come to work with Anchour?

I had met with a couple of other local agencies here in Maine. I chose Anchour because I just liked them as people and liked their approach.

It was less than $10,000.

What is the timeline of this engagement?

It took about four months. I created the timeline myself, and they delivered on time. We launched in February [2016].

What are the results of the project? Could you share any statistics or metrics from this engagement?

Obviously, metrics are difficult when it comes to branding. We did a logo change, we changed our menu that kind of stuff. It's hard to put a number to it. However, our business is up 7% year over year and, certainly, that has something to do with that. Our website traffic is up as well.

Overall, we've received more press since the rebrand. A local news station did a story on us. We also were asked to do a live cooking demonstration on a different local channel because of the rebrand. We were mentioned in our local paper a couple of times.

How did Anchour perform from a project management standpoint?

Perfect. They're extremely responsive.

What distinguishes Anchour from other providers?

First of all, they're eager and aggressive. They understood what I wanted, and that made me comfortable to give them free reign with the design. They took my logo, which I had designed myself and my menu, and they did a complete redesign. I let then have that freedom and they did a good job. They listened to the market, I think, around what those things needed to be, delivered a great proposal, and then delivered on the product.

Is there anything Anchour could have improved or done differently?

Not really. They're a fairly new agency, and I think having more experience as they go will be helpful for them, but I don't really have any negative feedback at all. Ultimately, Anchour delivered. They delivered on time. They're creative. They're good people. That's why I liked working with them.

I already have many times.

Gold