Outsourced Affiliate Marketing Program Management

AM Navigator provides an array of affiliate marketing services: from full service affiliate program management to co-management, and from program audits to affiliate marketing consulting, and training.

2007
Stafford, VA

Forbes, Hallmark, Skype, FreshBooks, Medifast, Travelex Insurance, Identity Guard, AWeber, Volusion, Epsilon, Evite, David's Cookies, Bare Necessities, Beach Camera, Host1Plus, PinMart, Nectar Sleep, Canvas Champ, Barton Publishing, Stowaway Cosmetics, etc.

Affiliate Marketing for Identity Theft Protection Company

"They also reached out to the affiliates to get them on-boarded. It has really helped us grow."

Mar. 2017- Ongoing

AM Navigator expands upon an existing affiliate marketing effort of an identity theft protection company. They help to grow the company's list of affiliates in order to increase sales.

Washington, DC
Manager, Identity Theft Protection Agency

AM Navigator provides a list of 300-400 potential affiliates every week, 90% of which are accepted by the client. They know the type of partnerships the client is looking to make. They also help with best practices in terms of communication with existing affiliates. The relationship is ongoing.

We are an identity theft protection provider that offers identity theft protection, credit bureau monitoring, and credit reports. I run our affiliate program. I manage the partnership with any websites that are not within our domain that market our product.

What challenge were you trying to address with AM Navigator?

We had been doing affiliate marketing for four years and were looking to grow our program. We had been building a decent base but we knew there were a lot of websites out there that we were not in communication with that we could be working with. We were looking for ways to reach out to those websites and that’s what AM Navigator’s expertise was for.

We were pretty specific on what we wanted, which was affiliate management and affiliate growth.

How did you come to work with AM Navigator?

We saw AM Navigator at the Affiliate Summit West and the founder asked to meet with us. I found his credentials online and thought it was a no brainer to meet with him. We were looking at other affiliate marketers as well but the reason we went with AM Navigator was that they were interested in working alongside with us. The other folks we met with were more interested in overtaking the entire program and managing it from A to Z. AM Navigator came in and worked alongside us, being more of an extension of our team.

How much have you invested with AM Navigator?

AM Navigator was very flexible with payment, whether it was a set fee or a commission structure. They get a percentage of the payouts we get from the affiliates they recruit for us. They’re interested in making it work for both parties. They don’t have a set-in-stone method when it comes to the financial aspect while working with them.

We started working with them in March 2017, and the work is ongoing.

They’ve done an excellent job. They’ve provided us with a list of 300–400 affiliates per week. These have websites that really do match the type of partnerships we were looking for. Typically, when I evaluate applications that come to us organically, I accept about 10% of those. There’s a lot of lower quality sites that we’re not interested in. With the lists that AM Navigator provided, we accepted 80%–90% of those websites. They used technologies that were able to be specific to our niche and fit our program well.

How did AM Navigator perform from a project management standpoint?

They were extremely consistent. They exceeded our expectations as far as how quickly they were giving us those lists. They also reached out to the affiliates to get them on-boarded. It has really helped us grow.

What did you find most impressive about AM Navigator?

The quality of the recruitment lists they’ve given us has far exceeded the work of any other marketing groups we’ve worked with in the past. They’ve also somewhat audited and enhanced our affiliate program and our communication to the affiliates, whether it’s making it clearer up front how serious we take compliance, or how we interact with inactive affiliates who’ve already joined our program but haven’t been actively marketing our product or bringing in a steady flow of orders. They’ve helped us craft the messaging to reach out to these affiliates to get them re-engaged. In addition to the growth through their recruitment lists, they’ve also helped us with some best practices on how to communicate with our existing partners.

Are there any areas AM Navigator could improve?

No. They’ve been great.

Affiliate Marketing for Cosmetics Company

"AM Navigator is creative in finding opportunities that I would not have considered on my own ..."

2016 - Ongoing

AM Navigator uses affiliate marketing to help promote a premium cosmetics and makeup company. The company wants to increase sales and brand awareness at the top of the funnel by using affiliate marketing.

Julie Fredrickson
Founder, Stowaway Cosmetics

Due to the success of AM Navigator, the client's affiliate marketing effort accounts for 10%-20% of revenue in a month. AM Navigator's pay-for-performance model allows the client to pay only when their marketing efforts are successful. AM Navigator is transparent and flexible in their technique.

I am the CEO and a co-founder of Stowaway Cosmetics, a brand of premium makeup that is designed for how women actually live. Compared to the standard offerings, our products are all manufactured at half-size. They are designed to be purse-friendly, mobile, and affordable.

What challenge were you trying to address with AM Navigator?

It’s always a challenge to fill the top of a funnel. I’m a big believer in affiliate marketing compared to all other traditional forms of advertising. Using the top-funnel to convert further down is more an art than a science, but affiliates can do an incredible job of leveraging the awareness that we do have, increasing brand awareness, and reaching a point of sale.

AM Navigator had an immediate focus on affiliate and performance marketing. This is what they’re best known for. They’ve made sure that we were taking full advantage of the awareness we already had as a brand, pushing it further down the funnel, and that we were capturing as much value as possible at the bottom of the funnel.

How did you come to work with AM Navigator?

I found AM Navigator the old-fashioned way, namely by asking for references. I come from the e-commerce space and have done a lot of affiliate work. I was lucky to have the ability to ask a number of people who knew the best agencies. AM Navigator’s name consistently came up as the best option. Getting multiple recommendations for the same person made it unnecessary to look at the second-best, in my view.

How much have you invested with AM Navigator?

AM Navigator has a very intelligent model that lets us choose to pay an upfront fee or pay for performance. The former option would obviously be lower since AM Navigator would obviously deserve to be paid more if they performed well. I don’t know what their cost is off the top of my head.

We started working with AM Navigator in 2016, and the relationship is ongoing. I couldn’t imagine working without AM Navigator.

Everyone’s cross-channel revenue distribution is different, but we have consistently found that affiliate marketing will account for 10%– 20% of our revenue in any given month, which I find to be impressive. I know that many other brands have lower numbers, and our success is all credited to AM Navigator’s team. We have similar mentalities in terms of performance, and the team was very easy to work with. AM Navigator is the best of breed when it comes to people who understand how to navigate the affiliate space effectively.

How did AM Navigator perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re a startup, so everything is done at the last minute, usually on a wing and a prayer. AM Navigator is incredible at working around our schedules and turning on a dime. When we do actually plan things ahead of time, they can execute flawlessly. AM Navigator’s team has gotten used to the fact that things are changing rapidly on our side.

What did you find most impressive about AM Navigator?

AM Navigator is creative in finding opportunities that I would not have considered on my own or even noticed. The depth of knowledge in the space is quite good, but we’re usually the barrier in implementing those new opportunities because we’re quite a small shop. Given how AM Navigator can think, bigger teams will definitely find many opportunities.

Are there any areas AM Navigator could improve?

Every company wants to make more money, but this is the duty of our brand, not necessarily the marketing team. I always joke that affiliate marketing is kind of the dirty swamp of online marketing and many shady things go on in this space. If we want transparency and an agency that can clear up a lot of the muck, we can’t really do better than AM Navigator. They’re straight-shooters in this space.

The value is great. I have worked with agencies that charged exorbitant sums and didn’t perform. We’re confident in AM Navigator’s ability to deliver, so we would rather be charged for performance.
    I’ve referred AM Navigator to several different companies.