We are connecting digital world with yours

We are a stable software company based in Bratislava, Slovakia and physically operating mostly in Central European and DACH (german speaking countries) region, but delivering our services all over the world.

Over the years of our existence we were able to create a great team, good reputation and wide portfolio of referrals from various fields. We carry out mainly custom software development of practically any size.

We're mostly focused on software development based on web technologies. If we can choose, for frontend development we use Angular, Vue JS or React, for backend PHP frameworks CakePHP or Laravel. But we're able to work with basically all common frameworks and open source platforms like Drupal, Wordpress, Shopware (btw, we're certified Shopware AG partner for Central Europe).

We define ourselves as "problem solvers" as we've been overtaking screwed projects from another companies and solving issues for the unhappy project owners. All the time with a great success.

• Austria

Universal Edition Austria, BDO Austria, Ernst & Young Austria, Intesa Sanpaolo (VÚB Bank, Slovakia), Kantar Health, Servier, Boehringer Ingelheim, Sanofi and many more.

Rebuild Application for IT Company

"Altamira Softworks was up to the challenge of taking on a big project and meeting customer demands."

Oct. 2018 - June 2019

Fixing a past vendor’s work, Altamira Softworks rebuilt an application by repairing the code and preparing the test environment. They then transferred the rebuilt application into a working environment.

Senior Sales Account Manager, IT Company

The updated application has been well-received. Altamira Softworks' ability to adapt to and communicate about ever-evolving specifications helped make their code relatively bug-free. This, along with their can-do attitude, contributes to the imminent expansion of their role.

I’m a senior sales account manager at an IT company that focused on IT business in development and reselling. We’re present in seven countries worldwide.

For what projects/services did your company hire Altamira Softworks?

We lack expertise in web development and specific programming languages. We needed to hire an external resource after one of my customers approached me for help with a project. The customer had an application left by their previous developer and running old code.

We wanted to be able to implement changes that the customer requested and transfer the rebuilt application into a working environment.

They came to me through a recommendation. We were desperate to find a vendor that could satisfy the customer’s demands. Altamira Softworks had the resources and skills to take on this project.

We provided Altamira Softworks with the original application files, with all codes and details included. Their first step was to understand the application code in order to repair mistakes by the original developer. That required a lot of reengineering and studying customer requirements.

Next, they implemented changes and prepared the test environment. The customer did numerous tests and requested additional changes. Once the application was completed to the customer’s standards, it was launched into production and we closed the project.

I only worked with an assigned project manager and owner of the company. I’m not aware of how many developers were used for this project.

Due to the success of this project, the customer approached us with new opportunities. They also specifically asked for Altamira Softworks’ services. This proves we’ve chosen our vendor wisely and can depend on the quality of their work.

The project manager was in communication with me all the time. However, there was little communication on formal project timelines and critical paths. I assume the proper project management happened inside the team. I was only given the information and outcomes I required, which was effective. The project manager also provided reports for the customer on all project details.

It’s quite a small company, but I found them to be very agile. This was a tricky project with complicated requirements. Also, the timeline couldn’t be moved because of state law. Altamira Softworks was up to the challenge of taking on a big project and meeting customer demands.

There was not much they could do to improve. Perhaps they could be more proactive in order to show their full potential for new opportunities in the market.

App Development for Government Drug Control Institute

“The Altamira Softworks team was friendly, skillful, and highly professional.”

July - Nov. 2018

Altamira Softworks built custom management software according to strict government regulations. They continue to provide support and maintenance for the app.

IT Manager, State Institute for Drug Control

Altamira Softworks accurately translated requirements into a superior product that satisfied internal stakeholders. The team’s strong work ethics and seamless project management ensured concerns were addressed promptly.

I’m an IT manager in a state institute for drug control. We deal with the safety of medical instruments and other products. I was a project manager in this engagement.

What challenge were you trying to address with Altamira Softworks?

Our main goal was to develop the best application for our businesspeople within three months. The purpose of the software was to help with the management of the lifecycle of the drug commission.

Initially, we planned to use out-of-the-box software, but we felt we should give a chance to a supplier that could build a custom solution. We also needed someone to take care of app maintenance and provide support afterward.

Altamira Softworks built a custom web solution. While we let them chose their preferred technology, we wanted to have access to the database, use specific screens, and so on. We gave them access to our building and environment.

We communicated directly with one project manager, who was responsible for the basic analysis, and around three programmers and systems engineers.

How did you come to work with Altamira Softworks?

We needed to find the provider with the best price that could deliver according to our specifications. Being a government organization, we have a special law for public procurement. According to the procedure, we had to collect special requirements and post them publicly. We asked our business people to write a set of requirements, which I collected and posted in the public competition. Ultimately, Altamira Softworks won the competition.

The total cost of the project was €200,000 (approximately $222,100 USD), divided into two parts. We spent €100,000 (approximately $111,300 USD) for development and €100,000 (approximately $111,300 USD) for a three-year maintenance and support period, including possible change requests.

We worked with Altamira Softworks from July–November 2018. Maintenance is ongoing.

Our procurement guidelines state that everything specified in the initial conditions must be fulfilled; otherwise, we can’t close the project. Everything was fulfilled 100%, so we closed the project on schedule. Our internal stakeholders were satisfied with everything.

We were a bit nervous in the beginning, given that we were building a custom product instead of existing solutions that were known and widely used within the EU. We were surprised to find that everything had been done well at the end of the project.

How did Altamira Softworks perform from a project management standpoint?

We followed best practices, using RPINCE2 and project management tools. If there were any problems, they were solved immediately.

The Altamira Softworks team was friendly, skillful, and highly professional. They’re experienced in software development.

Everyone can improve, but I have nothing bad to say about them.

At the beginning of a project, when the client requests the development or maintenance task, everything has to be put down precisely. If it’s not on paper, it won’t be in the project. If everything’s written in the scope, I believe Altamira Softworks will deliver on time and with excellent quality.

I reserve perfection for God and my mom, so this is an excellent mark from my perspective.

ERP Development for Environmental Services Company

"They give feedback on what we’ve specified, which is much more than having someone that just executes."

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Altamira Softworks is building out an ERP web app’s front- and backends. They’re also working with an API that connects to an internal technology stack. Unit testing is also one of their responsibilities.

Zurich, Switzerland
COO, Environmental Services Company

Delivered components satisfy internal expectations and bug limits. Altamira Softworks has made their deep talent bench available and proven their competency with a range of web tasks. Though more strategy and progress discussions would be welcome, they are committed to product optimization.

I am the COO of an environmental services company. We deal with wild bees and we have a wild bee population that we use to pollinate crop orchards in four countries in Europe.

What challenge were you trying to address with Altamira Softworks?

We were looking for external software developers, as we didn’t want to build a big pool of internal software developers. This would give us the flexibility to hire people and scale up and down very quickly, should the need arise. We were also looking for a lower pricing level compared to companies in Switzerland.

We wanted them to help us further develop the software we were building in-house. It’s a web application (build on PHP and JavaScript) that acts as an ERP to support our business processes. it has a UI frontend that’s used both internally and externally, as well as a database and API component. The business analysis was done in-house, and Altamira is now responsible for executing and writing the code according to our requirements. They also managed the database.

We had one main point of contact who occasionally passes on certain work to someone else on the team when he's away. It was my requirement to have one person that I could speak with who was familiar with my company and project. I didn’t want to have to speak with a different developer every time there was a change. It worked pretty well.

How did you come to work with Altamira Softworks?

I believe I found them online through research, along with three other companies I spoke with. I let them offer their services to us and asked if they would be able to support us in this project. In the end, Altamira made a very professional impression with their website. I had a call with one of the managing partners, and he was very responsive and seemed to understand what I needed and have solutions.

We have spent around €100,000 Euros ($112,400 USD).

I began working with them in February 2018, and the work is still ongoing.

The IT team is happy with the quality of work that has been delivered. It is very robust, and the code normally works without us having to test too much, which is always very important. The unit tests are being done by them, and once it gets delivered, it's usually very solid. There are always a couple of bugs, but I feel they are within very tolerable limits. Overall, we are happy with the quality they deliver. They make a competent impression.

How did Altamira Softworks perform from a project management standpoint?

They are easy to get a hold of. We normally communicate via Trello, but we also have calls and chat over Skype. Their language level is very sufficient in order to easily communicate with them.

We are a young company that’s growing fast, and we never know what is going to come up next when it comes to IT. I need someone who is flexible enough to handle several areas of our stack. They are ready for more or less anything we can throw at them, be it at the database or UI level.

When we come to them with a backend development task, they have someone that can do that. When we come to them with a website creation task, which is really something else, they also have someone that can do that. They will always find someone who is competent and can handle the task, no matter what. This is why we’ve stayed with them.

When we specify a functionality for them to develop, they come back with a lot of questions. Many of those questions are things that we haven’t even thought about. They give feedback on what we’ve specified, which is much more than having someone that just executes. They’re trying to implement something that makes sense.

From a sprint management perspective, my business analyst mentions that she would like to get more proactive feedback on the status of certain items. It would be good to have a more active two-way communication when something is delayed, or if something isn’t being worked on although it should be.

From my perspective, I would be happy to talk to them more about the strategic orientation of our stack when discussing architecture in general. For example, it would be good to know if our IT is up to par, or if the IT stack is way below the standard nowadays. I’m aware that I didn’t pay them for that, but it would be good if they could provide that as well—and I wouldn’t mind if they charged me for it. They could add that type of soft service in addition to the coding services they provide.

Agree on a contact point. It is good to have someone that is responsible for your project and who knows your project really well. Having one person I can talk to allows me to let them know what I want, and they can take care of the rest.

Shopware Development for Music Publishing Company

“It was a really transparent process, which is what I really valued about our relationship with them.”

Sept. 2016 - Dec. 2017

Altamira Softworks combined disparate components of a website into a cohesive whole. They integrated e-commerce, WordPress, CMS, and SoundCloud elements into the system.

Austria
Head of Services, Music Publishing Company

The team completed the project seamlessly and delivered it on time. The revamped site received 25% more visitation, and the length of each visit increased as well. Altamira Softworks attends to each minute detail of their projects to ensure customers receive the best service possible.

I’m in charge of services at a music publishing company in the contemporary classical music area. We distribute music for several composers, worldwide.

What challenge were you trying to address with Altamira Softworks?

The greatest challenge was that during the last seven years before I came into the company, there was a lot of effort to make a website, have a connection to the internet to show data about our composers to the world. We had a lot of systems glued together and we needed to streamline the whole process and relaunch our digital presence. When I started, we had 14 different tools, and every tool held a stake in our web presence. Now, we have one tool which handles everything.

We had shop-ware, a WordPress component, a content management system, a service for displaying sample pages, and a SoundCloud integration.

We merged these solutions together and created a PHP solution that pulls the data out of our internal service.

I worked with at least four people, with one main point of contact who was also a lead developer.

During the project phase, it was a fulltime coverage, so they were really responsive 24/7. After the project was done, they provided an SLA (service-level agreement), where they provided at least 20 hours of work per month for us.

How did you come to work with Altamira Softworks?

I worked with them at another company, previously, where I got to know them. We made a pitch for this project, and we invited 5-6 companies. Altamira clearly stood out, which is why we decided to go with them.

This project spanned from September 2016 – December 2017.

We have 25% higher visitation on our site. We increased both the number of visitors and the visiting time for our site.

How did Altamira Softworks perform from a project management standpoint?

They were astonishing. If we had time issues, it was on our side. They were really responsive to our deadlines. There are often a lot of internal processes that have to happen before we can react to our quotas, which accounted for the delays on our end.

The most important thing for me was that I always knew what was being worked on and the next steps that were required. It was a transparent process, which is what I valued about our relationship with them.

They’re perfectionists in some cases, which sets them apart because they always strive to deliver a product that's right. They always add an extra effort to the project, and put in a lot more thought into it than just fulfilling what was asked for.

No, I don’t think so. I would only suggest they join our company full-time! They’re a good corporation and I would suggest everyone come out and give it a try because I’ve only had good experiences so far.

Speaking English with them is a plus. Having enough resources on your side, including having a specific point person to manage the project on your side, is important as well.

We had no problems with deadlines.
    Everything we ordered we got.

ERP Software Platform Dev for Consulting & Research Company

"They listen to the needs of the clients, and they maintain a very good follow-up of the project."

2015 - 2018

Altamira Softworks provided IT maintenance and functionality upgrades for a research company’s ERP software platform. They made user experience enhancements and implemented automated email alerts.

France
Former Sales Director, Consulting & Research Company

Altamira Softworks demonstrated a mature and thorough project management approach, leading to the successful introduction of an improved platform. The team displays knowledge of relevant technologies and the ability to handle multiple tasks at once.

I’m the former sales director for a consulting and research company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Altamira Softworks?

Our company had an online platform, that was a business intelligence tool, to help our clients track sales representatives’ interactions with doctors. We were working with doctors who would fill out a questionnaire after a discussion with the sales rep. The questionnaire and answers were transferred to our company and included and delivered on the online platform. I needed help with the support of the platform.

We relied on Altamira Softworks to manage the IT support of the online platform. They handled everyday maintenance and made functionality upgrades based on feedback received from clients.

The platform includes a set of graphs of changing trends on a specific market of drugs, so we wanted to enhance the platform’s experience in hopes of encouraging users to review that data themselves. Altamira Softworks also introduced automated email alerts to our client base.

Altamira Softworks also helped create forms as a means to collect data and store it in what we called an electronic case report. That data is gathered from patients during clinical studies and then sold to pharmaceutical companies. I was not involved in that segment of development, however.

I had two central points of contact.

How did you come to work with Altamira Softworks?

They were already working with my company before I took my position there.

We worked together from 2015–2018.

I was satisfied with their work.

How did Altamira Softworks perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re quite experienced in project management, from the first meeting until the final delivery. They’re very serious and are sure to follow-up in the tracking of the project. It’s well-structured and done professionally. I was completely satisfied with their responsiveness.

They could make better recommendations when it comes to developing mobile applications. In one case, we didn’t think they provided enough guidance while developing an app for patients. We could have used their expertise during the development process to better address our clients' needs.

Future clients should request Altamira Softworks share their expertise from previous projects rather than executing exactly what the client requests.