Next-gen Magento solutions

Aitoc is an award-winning provider of custom solutions for Magento.

Founded in 2001, Aitoc has been delivering next-gen Magento modules from the very launch of the eCommerce platform. Today, our core expertise also includes professional Magento web development services.

With a team of passionate and highly skilled professionals, we leverage our profound domain knowledge and practical experience to help eCommerce businesses, both large and small, grow and flourish. Aitoc's solutions provide new opportunities for store optimization, back-office automation, and customer relationship management, leading to increased conversion rates and customer satisfaction.

Entrusting Aitoc with the development of your eCommerce solution, you make an investment in a successful and impeccable project delivery.

2001
Newark, DE
  • Sunset Lake Rd, Suite B-2
    Newark, DE 2035
  • Surazhskaya
    Minsk 220088
    Belarus

Magento Migration for E-Commerce Site

“Their programmers know Magento inside out and backwards. They are leaders in this field.”

Dec. 2017 - Jan. 2018

Aitoc migrate a website hosted on Magento 1.3 to versions 1.4 and then 1.9.3.7 after a web hosting provider shut down compatible servers. The team mitigated compatibility issues with multiple extensions.

Massachussets
President, E-Commerce Site

Since launching the newly migrated platform, sales have significantly increased. Aitoc overcame time zone differences to closely collaborate and work on an efficient timeline. Creative project management helped quickly resolve errors. The project came in under budget and the process was seamless.

I'm the president of a company based in Massachusetts that sells balances and scales to the laboratory industry. We’re an authorized retailer for all the major manufacturers. My targeted market is laboratory balances. I currently focus on customers who buy products that cost $1,000 or more. Anything cheaper is usually bought on EBay at this point.

What challenge were you trying to address with Aitoc?

We had been running our e-commerce site on Magento 1.3 an older version which runs PHC 5.3. The transition to the next version was supposed to be seamless, but of course was not. Our site had been operating well and we'd invested significantly in adding extensions. Our hosting company, Nexus, shut down their compatible servers. They’re a great company, but this decision forced us to either shut down our site or upgrade to a later version of Magento.

Aitoc migrated our site to Magento 1.9.3.7, which was a major feat. They executed the entire process, which was fabulous. We were using such a legacy software that we actually had to make two migrations. We first transitioned from 1.3 to 1.4, and then to 1.9. It was a big challenge. They downloaded our entire site onto their local machines. One of our staff members conducted the testing to make sure everything worked properly. There were some inevitable hiccups, but Aitoc worked hard to resolve them all.

How did you come to work with Aitoc?

I had previously hired them to create two extensions. My main challenge was finding a provider who’d conduct this migration for a feasible price. Most domestic developers charge over $100 an hour. I considered a couple of other companies located in Europe and chose Aitoc. They immediately responded to my inquiry, unlike several vendors who waited a week to respond. Poor communication from the very beginning seemed foreboding.

We spent $14,700 on this project.

We started this project in December of 2017, and finished by the second week of January 2018.

My major metrics are based on information from the error log. It shows when conflicts occur between our extensions and Magento itself. Most problems were not Aitoc’s fault. They were usually due to the nature of using Magento. They oversold the product and it’s not perfectly seamless. They had full access to the server and quickly addressed and corrected any errors.

They completed the job well and I’m extremely satisfied. As a small business owner, using an overseas provider helps me stay competitive. Our sales have improved since we launched the new platform they upgraded. Our success is a combination of the software and Aitoc's efforts. The team responded regularly and promptly. I'm very happy overall and have no complaints.

How did Aitoc perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked well together despite the eight-hour time zone difference. After running our business during the day, we’d stay a bit late to discuss any issues. Maybe that wouldn't work for a major business with finite hours, but it was actually a positive for us. As a smaller company, we don't use overly sophisticated software or communication. We conducted the whole project via e-mail and Skype. Videoconferencing worked excellently for us. I like being able to have face-to-face conversations.

They shared screenshots whenever we had technical issues. When I couldn’t describe an error over email, I videotaped my monitor while talking about the problem. I privately posted these videos to YouTube for them to review. Many people use revision control software packages, but that has to be written in text and is easily misinterpreted.

Communication was one of their strongest assets. Most people are afraid to use overseas vendors because of communication and time zone challenges. There are actually more knowledgeable Magento engineers in Europe than in the United States. There was no language barrier with Aitoc. Their staff spoke fluent English and always responded right away. Many other software providers I’ve used don’t communicate well. Their programmers know Magento inside out and backwards. They are leaders in this field. If I was rating them out of 10 stars, I'd give them 11.

Establish a reasonable timeline. Most people who work with software understand that problems can't be solved instantaneously. You have to have a reasonable perspective on how long it takes to fix problems. If an issue does come up, Aitoc will resolve it by the next business day. Glitches can't be fixed instantly. You need to identify the issue and keep tabs on the error log. It's not usually a simple line of code. There are typically 2-3 factors involved.

They initially predicted it would take 3-4 weeks but completed the project within three. Issues were always resolved by the next business day.
    They gave me an original quote of $15,000 to $18,000 and it ended up costing $14,700. A domestic provider would charge at least $50,000.
    They provide an excellent quality of service. They resolve any conflicts and errors in a timely manner.
    I’ve referred them to everyone I know who runs Magento. Even my web hosting company, Nexus, was impressed by their support and dialogue.

Custom Magento Web Dev for Cycling Product Company

“It was very pleasant and we will continue to use them as long as we’re on Magento.”

Mar. - July 2017

Aitoc developed a custom inventory management and pricing system for a Magento platform to accommodate an expansion into the German and Austrian markets. They also implemented design changes.

Santa Cruz, California
Development Manager, Giro Sport Design

The platform’s expansion into the global market has significantly increased sales. Aitoc was responsive throughout the engagement and yielded a level of efficiency that facilitated early delivery. A reliable and communicative approach made them feel like part of the internal team.

Giro Sport Design sells bike helmets and other cycling products. I manage any external development for the company’s website.

What challenge were you trying to address with Aitoc Inc?

We needed custom Magento web development to aid in our company’s e-commerce expansion to Germany and Austria.

We needed a way for inventory to flow from our warehouse and distributor in Germany as well as from our current warehouse in the U.S. We needed to keep them completely separate because we couldn’t ship from the U.S. to Germany and Austria or vice versa. We needed a custom module that kept those inventories separate.

We also needed a way to maintain the two different prices in our Magento system because our costs vary geographically. It wasn’t a simple conversion rate.

They recently helped us with some Germany- and Austria-specific designs around accommodating word length. They implemented some design changes in order to improve the website’s appearance. Additionally, they finished an abandoned cart email extension which they installed on our systems. We’re getting ready to test that in the near future.

I worked with several different people, but not too many on the development team. They had around 10 developers working on our project. I worked with two separate project managers—the first was responsible for actual implementation and the second was responsible for maintenance and additional work outside of the original scope.

How did you come to work with Aitoc Inc?

We looked at our outsourced development firm at the time and decided our problems were too complex for them to handle. We looked at another development firm, but they weren’t very responsive and the solution they came up didn’t satisfy us.

We found Aitoc through an online search. They had some extensions that seemed similar to the problem we needed help with. I could tell they knew the problem well and could be our partner in solving our inventory and pricing issues.

We spent $35,000 on this project.

We worked with them between March–July 2017.

We’re completely satisfied with them. The only reason we’ve been able to sell in Germany and Austria is because of the work they’ve done. We’re finally able to sell globally, which is huge.  Our ability to expand and reach customers in other countries has significantly increased our sales. Any bugs we’ve experienced were a result of something we did.

How did Aitoc Inc perform from a project management standpoint?

Everyone was responsive. We had a couple of emergencies for which they were available immediately. They worked really fast, which is really surprising. They completed the work in five or six months even though I’d budgeted for eight months. It was really impressive.

Our experience in working with them was really great. I felt like I could rely on them whenever I needed anything.

Their communication was the most impressive thing. I’ve had many communication problems with outside vendors before, but Aitoc felt like working with an in-house developer. It was very pleasant and we will continue to use them as long as we’re on Magento.

I have no suggestions for improvement. We wouldn’t continue to use them if we had any problems. They’re definitely considered part of the team.

Make sure you vet several different partners because going with the first choice might cause you to get ripped off. I never felt like I didn’t get my money’s worth with Aitoc.

Overall Score They’re great.
    They always met their deadline or delivered before expected.
    It’s extremely good pricing.
    I would definitely give them a 5.
    I recommend them all the time to colleagues in the development world who are on Magento.

Outsource Dev for Online Retail Management Marketplace

“They are an end-to-end development solution we can rely on.”

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

Aitoc completes backend, frontend, and integration tasks in Magento and Magento 2. They solved platform bugs associated with the initial Magento 2 rollout, and acts as a trusted collaborator.

Melbourne, Australia
Miles Clemens
Director, inDemand

Aitoc understands complex Magento and e-commerce issues. Regular meetings and task orders through Jira maintain team unity, and most tasks are solved and returned in 48 hours.

I am the director of an integration agency and marketplace manager for online retailers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Aitoc?

Our company does not have an in-house backend development team. We chose to outsource our backend work, instead of hiring a full-time developer. We used resources in India in the past, but were looking for a new agency. We wanted a project manager to serve as the ultimate point of communication and ensure delivery of our projects.

Most of our backend development work is based around Magento. Magento 2 was released right at the time we found Aitoc. We relied on them to iron out a number of bugs in the new platform to get it functional.

Their superior Magento knowledge quickly became evident, so we started giving them our backend legacy jobs in both Magento 1 and Magento 2. Then we brought them into other integration jobs, and finally into our frontend development work as well.

We have a project manager, Anton [CPO, Aitoc], who manages their end. We don’t have access to the whole development team, so our main channel is our project manager. All tasks and work orders are processed through Jira. There is a time difference between Australia and Europe, so we usually have discussions late in the day, and they work overnight.

How did you come to work with Aitoc?

We used some of their Magento extensions, so were on their mailing list. They sent us a message detailing their development services, and we asked them for a few Australian references. The referees returned glowing testimonials, which are unusual in our experience with outsourced development teams. I immediately sent Aitoc some complex Magento 2 work, and got results back the next day. From there, we broadened the scope of work with them.

I will leave our exact investment to Aitoc’s discretion; however, their pricing model is interesting, and operates on a system of credit. We pay upfront for a certain number of hours, which we can increase in a given pay cycle, as needed. It’s proven to be a transparent and trackable way to budget for our development needs.

We began working together in April 2017. The arrangement is ongoing.

They are an end-to-end development solution we can rely on.

How did Aitoc perform from a project management standpoint?

The workflow almost works like magic. We have our evening meeting to discuss the one to ten daily tasks, solidifying priorities and expectations. By the next morning, those tasks are completed. Occasionally we revisit a task that needs tweaking, but almost everything is completed to our satisfaction.

At their core, they’re commercial extension developers for Magento. It’s in their company DNA. They understand complex Magento issues inside and out, from workflow, to the database, to PHP coding. They can solve any Magento or e-commerce task you give them within a day or two.

A secondary project manager would be helpful for those times our primary contact is unavailable. We would like to see them scale up their communication channels.