Brands, exposed.

Agent C. Advertising and Design is managed by David Caruso, an internationaly recognized brand designer. Through detailed investigation we uncover a brand's truth and expose it's beauty to consumers.

2018
New Orleans, LA
  • 127 Camp Street, Floor 3
    New Orleans, LA 70130
  • 127 Camp Street, Floor 3
    New Orleans, LA 70130

LCI Workers' Comp, AutomotiveTouchup.com, Ursuline Academy, Big Easy Blends, Rugby Common, Cajun Corner, Global Staffing Solutions, Burkhardt A/C, Acacia Financial Group

Ursuline Academy

Package Design and Product Naming

AutomotiveTouchup.com

Print Advertising for National Publications

LCI Workers' Comp Print Ad

Print Advertising in Louisiana publications.

Logo & Brand Design for Wellness Center

"They stood apart from other designers in a positive, productive way."

Jan. - Feb. 2018

Agent C. Advertising and Design designed a logo and branding materials, including business cards and letterhead.

Jamey Landry
Writer And Creative Director, Jamey Landry

The contemporary, elegant logo encapsulated the company's unique mission while differentiating it from competitors. It received excellent feedback from customers. Agent C. Advertising and Design reported progress frequently and brought a sophisticated, bold style to the project.

I handle advertising and training materials for YouTopia Wellness, LLC., a startup wellness company that focuses on wellness, fitness, and healthy lifestyles through classes and seminars.

For what projects/services did your company hire Agent C. Advertising and Design?

As a startup, YouTopia Wellness, LLC needed a branding and identity. The owner had a strong idea of her corporate identity, but needed a professional touch.

We needed to use the owner's ideas to create a contemporary logo and identity that didn't look dated. Because their services equally benefit women and men, the logo needed to be light and airy without being too feminine, too masculine, or too overtly gender-neutral.

I worked with their principal for more than 18 years. His contemporary designs pop without overshadowing the message. He infuses his associates and their work with this spirit. Their designs capture the spirit of the client, elevating awareness and reaching the intended audience. Their ability to work with people like me, who can envision the final project but cannot put it onto paper, is an asset as strong as their deeply creative intuition.

Working closely with the owner, I developed thumbnails of possible logo ideas, researched components of the design, and presented this research to their team. They interviewed the owner to better understand her vision. They refined her ideas into something that truly represented her business and mission.

They created a logo and branding materials, including business cards and letterhead. The logo needed to reflect the intangible mission of wellness, which uses Tai Chi, exercise, and lifestyle changes, rather than being interpreted as "just another yoga studio." Agent C. Advertising and Design hit that sweet spot.

I served as the liaison between the owner of YouTopia Wellness, LLC and Agent C Advertising and Design.

The response to the new logo has been positive.

The workflow was fairly easy. I worked remotely, and the three parties involved were in different cities, so there was a bit of lag. However, that wasn't their fault. They communicated constantly and provided consistent updates and progress examples.

Their design skill was undoubtedly their best asset. Their work for my client, and for others, was truly unique. They stood apart from other designers in a positive, productive way. By simply looking at their designs, you call tell that they get results.

If "improvement" means "growth," either creatively, professionally, or personally, there is always room for improvement.

Overall Score For design, creative, client services, and production, they earn high marks.
    Their availability was good.
    It was fairly priced and added value to our project.
    They're innovative, expressive, and backed by solid production.
    I enthusiastically recommend them without hesitation.

Advertising Support for Insurance Company

“We’ve developed a strong, close partnership built on a foundation of trust.”

Jan 2018- Ongoing

Agent C. Advertising and Design creates primarily print advertising campaigns. They also support media buying and placement, direct mail pieces, blogging, radio ads, marketing materials, and billboards.

Mandeville, Louisiana
Mark Tullis
Administrator, LCI Workers' Comp

Agent C. Advertising and Design provides the perfect combination of skillful advertising acumen and personable, pleasant collaboration. They provide expert design, outreach, and execution, useful edification, and flawless assets that capture the attention and interest of the target user base.

I'm an administrator at LCI worker's comp, a provider based in Louisiana. We've been in business for almost 30 years and cover the worker's compensation portion of over 4,000 clients' insurance risk.

What challenge were you trying to address with Agent C. Advertising and Design?

When we first decided to begin advertising, which we had never done before, we felt apprehensive and concerned about the cost. We didn't know how to start, so we hired them to help us jumpstart our efforts. Our immediate goal was to build a brand for our relatively new company. We had just started rebranding and had modified our name slightly and considered a different look for our business. We needed help getting our name out to potential customers.

Agent C. Advertising and Design handles virtually all of our advertising work. They’ve created about a dozen campaigns for our organization. It's been a very strong performer. They've also branched out into ads that are based on comic books and feature that style of drawing. We recently took a rate cut in insurance, and they ran an impactful campaign to notify our agents about this rate change. It included an e-mail blast and attractive printed materials our marketing team could use as part of their presentation.

Their primary strength has always been print advertising, but they’ve also done radio ads, billboards, and direct mail pieces. Currently, they're designing a new business blog that we're very excited about. In the insurance business, most advertising is dry and severe because it's a risk-focused business. To get noticed and set ourselves apart, we've taken a light, funny, and whimsical approach. Most of our competitors wouldn't attempt this strategy, but it's paid off well for us.

Agent C. Advertising and Design creates and manages all our print and marketing materials. They also place the ads they design and manage media buying. At the end of the year, we discuss an annual budget. They make recommendations based on our requests. Their team is responsible for placing all the ad buys once we finalize those decisions. They consistently land good deals.

Our main point of contact is David (Agency Principal, Agent C. Advertising and Design) right now. We'e also worked with other members of the team.

How did you come to work with Agent C. Advertising and Design?

Interviewing several large media companies wasn't going well. I was not impressed with most options. These agencies seemed bloated and were more focused on the volume of business than direction or level of involvement.

David offered the ideal alternative as he was part a small and nimble organization, though he hadn't founded Agent C. yet. When he did, we moved with him.

The total amount we spend is probably around $250,000 annually.

We've been working with Agent C. Advertising and Design in it's current form for about a year and a half, and our engagement is still very much ongoing. We also worked with the founder when he was at a previous company.

Agent C. Advertising and Design is at the top of our list of significant partner vendors. Their campaigns are some of my proudest accomplishments in the 25 years in this role. They secure premium ad placements that are both high-quality and well-positioned within magazines. These fantastic ads make us look extraordinary as a company.  We have them framed throughout our offices. I always get outstanding feedback on our advertising campaigns when I mention where I work. The assets they produce are especially noteworthy for the insurance industry.

We've worked closely with David for a long time and are thrilled with our rewarding relationship. We’ve developed a robust and close partnership built on a foundation of trust. They’re definitely not interchangeable. If I found someone cheaper, they would never perform as well. The team was instrumental in launching our new brand.

The insurance business is very cyclical. Agent C. Advertising and Design responds adeptly to requests across a range of industries. We sell through agencies rather than direct, so we don't look at sales like other organizations might. Instead, we focus on cultivating long-term relationships with clients and contacts. The team fits perfectly into that way of thinking. They thoughtfully take stock of every consideration and produce valuable materials.

How did Agent C. Advertising and Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Agent C. Advertising and Design’s office is right near ours, about two blocks away. It's very convenient to meet face-to-face. We e-mail frequently and often brainstorm together. I solicit their help for most tasks at hand. I respect their price structure because I want them to succeed and grow. We've never tried to bring the price down by bringing in other teams to bid against them.

They’ve always adhered to our deadlines and had an open line of communication. Historically, they’ve kept their client base small to maintain a high level of service. I’ve never seen them struggle to complete our projects.

Agent C. Advertising and Design rapidly responds to our texts and e-mails. Even after hours, they promptly forward ad placement offers from publications. I'll reply right away to ask some questions on the specs. Immediately beginning a dialogue helps us decide on the buy in a timely manner. I like to keep records for organizational purposes, so they accommodate my preference for written communication.

Advertising properly is hugely expensive, even for a small company like ours. Agent C. Advertising and Design is highly skilled at explaining the pricing breakdown. They make us feel comfortable with the costs for higher quality assets like professional photographers. I appreciate how well they've educated me about worthwhile investments. They're honest about the rates they charge, as well.

As with any company in the media field, they could work on retaining employees. Turnover has always been an issue with this type of agency. Employees often don't stick around very long. I wish every team we deal with would work on maintaining a consistent staff.

I encourage future clients to trust Agent C. Advertising and Design’s judgment. Make sure the relationship is built on openness. Ask them what you need to do, and they'll learn about your business and make useful recommendations. If you just try to tell them what to do, it won't be as successful. Treat them as the informed experts they are, rather than employees to push around.

Overall Score We've had nothing but the most wonderful long-term relationship. I expect to continue working together for the next 30 years.
    They were solid at scheduling. We never had any problems.
    They're always on budget and keep us informed about the costs.
    I've referred them to many people already.

Print Redesign for Private School

“When it comes to working with David, trust him and let the product speak for itself."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Helping a school refresh its brand, Agent C. Advertising redesigned a print magazine and assisted with updating other collateral.

Communications Director, Private Grade School

The readers and the internal staff love the new look of the magazine. Agent C. Advertising went above and beyond to meet all needs, developing a polished and professional brand, while their flexibility and commitment spurred a long-term partnership.

When I worked with Agent C. Advertising, I was a communications director at a private grade school. I handled all of the marketing, advertising, PR, and social media for the school. I'm now working in the office of admissions.

What challenge were you trying to address with Agent C. Advertising?

All of our materials looked the same, so we wanted to update and refresh them. We needed someone to help us redesign our collateral.

Our magazine used to come out once a year, but we wanted to publish two magazines a year, in addition to our annual report. That meant generating more content. We also wanted to develop a completely new design–we were looking for a more polished and professional design rather than a youthful and playful design we had been using for years.

David (Principal, Agent C. Advertising and Design) helped us revamp our magazine, making it look like a completely different brand. First, we sat down with our old magazine and discussed what we would keep and what would need to go. Even though we were giving the magazine a new look, we needed to keep some elements that were familiar to our audience. (A lot of the people who receive our magazine are our alumni and donors). We also wanted to make an impression of an expensive, high-quality school, so that people feel confident they're paying money for a great school. In addition, David helped us redesign other materials.

I worked directly with David.

How did you come to work with them?

I had worked with David previously, so I trusted his designs. We maintained good business relationship and I always used him as a reference for anything I was doing in marketing and advertising. He's easy to work with and does great work, so he was the first person I thought of when I needed help.

We paid him about $10,000 for the design work.

The project started in February 2016 and the relationship is ongoing. I now have a different position, so our new communications director will decide whether to continue the relationship.

Our readers were seeing the same magazine for six years. When the new magazine came out, the feedback was overwhelmingly positive–both internally and from our readers. We included reply envelopes, and our development office started tracking the people who sent donations. Some people who were featured in the magazine came back to me, saying they liked the way they looked and sounded.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

David is very responsive, honest, and open to feedback. Sometimes, I even called him at 7 p.m. if we had to make urgent edits. He let us know if he thought something wouldn't work, but he always did his best to make us happy. In addition to meeting in person, we frequently talked over the phone or email. David was always one step ahead of us.

I appreciated his flexibility. I could reach out to him any time of the day or night to talk about the project. Also, I have a great deal of trust in him. We had a limited budget, but David immediately let us know what he could do for us and how he could make things work. I knew I'd get a good product no matter what option I chose.

I can't think of anything.

When it comes to working with David, trust him and let the product speak for itself. He has great ideas and the way he sees things is very nontraditional. You might need to take a leap out of your comfort zone, but you won't be disappointed in the end product.

Graphics and Photography for Apparel Company

"Their communication and timeliness were as good as it gets within the design industry."

Mar. - May 2018

Agent C. Advertising and Design produced photographs, graphics, and mockups to boost product sales.

Managing Ptr., Apparel Company

Increased sales and social media engagement rates exceeded expectations. On-time deliveries and effective communication made the partnership successful. They learned new processes quickly and stayed within budget.

I am the managing partner of an apparel company.

We needed product photographs for our website and catalogs. We also needed graphic designs for product mockups and web and social media images.

We wanted to move quickly and efficiently to finish before the start of a new season. The mockups needed to be accurate and match the finished products’ capabilities.

We compared design vendors and evaluated their breadth of capabilities, quality of work, quickness, and final costs.

They delivered the photographs, graphics, and mockups we requested.

We had one point of contact.

Agent C. Advertising and Design exceeded our expectations and stayed on budget. Their communication and timeliness were as good as it gets within the design industry. Our sales number rose to unprecedented levels. Engagement on our social media channels also increased dramatically.

The relationship was successful because they met deadlines and maintained consistent communication.

They learned about our industry and processes quickly. The project would’ve been delayed without that level of intellect.

We didn’t notice anything.

Overall Score This business was great for my business.
    Agent C. worked quickly and efficiently.
    They adjusted projects based on budgetary constraints without sacrificing quality.
    They were professional, intelligent, skilled, and personable.
    They were an excellent design resource.