A trusted partner to the world's leading agencies.

Agency Labs is an exclusive engineering partner to leading digital, creative and advertising agency teams. We build websites, mobile applications and software for some of the world's most innovative organizations. Sometimes, we build our own.

Our methods have evolved to accommodate a variety of project management and production work flows. We understand that every client, timeline and project is different, so we work closely with our partners to ensure an efficient yet flexible engagement.

We began as a small shop with a broad range of skillsets, delusional ambitions, single malt scotch and competitive ping pong. What we produce is complex. We just make it look simple.

Bethel, CT
  • 6 Stony Hill Road, Suite 230
    Bethel , CT 06801
  • New York City, NY

We work exclusively with Digital, Creative, PR, Advertising & Marketing agencies of all sizes. Roughly 70% of our clients are located in NYC and the rest are spread across the US. The average agency has between 11 - 50 employees and has an engineering team that is at capacity or is searching for a relaible local partner.

Arkansas State Drupal Development

DealReel iOS Development

Rubin Museum ExpressionEngine Development

Make Room WordPress Development

Pryma Microsite

Agency Labs Company Reel

Web Development for Advertising Agency

"Agency Labs is responsive and knows what they're doing."

Agency Labs provided development support for a PHP-language web app project. Over the course of two months, the team completed weekly code reviews and regular stand-ups to monitor communication flow.

Aaron Buchanan
VP of Emerging Technologies, HYFN

Agency Labs completed the project with smooth, efficient project management. The technology teams were always readily available and accessible. They were responsive and offered direct lines of communication. Although their services are priced high, they deliver high-quality results.

I work for HYFN - a digital agency to brands and larger advertising agencies. We specifically focus on technology and social media. Brands and agencies come to us to build websites, applications, and experiences. Sometimes we develop entire strategic campaigns and sometimes very isolated applications supporting their wider efforts for their clients.

I am the Vice President of Emerging Technologies. I focus on technology related solutions, campaigns, and products that we build both in-house and for other agencies or brands. I am involved with sales efforts and project management to make sure that we deliver everything that was discussed upfront.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Agency Labs?

Tag Heuer approached us to help with marketing efforts. We needed to develop a catalogue of all products that are available in each location, and make that website available to all the different retailers that sell Tag Heuer watches.

We had Agency Labs come onboard to do web app development, built in the PHP language. We did code reviews with them on a weekly basis. Additionally, we did daily or bi-weekly stand-ups, to make sure information was flowing smoothly from us, to the client, to the team.

How did you come to work with Agency Labs?

Agency Labs reached out to our Chief Executive Officer, so I checked them out. I reached out and got familiar and was impressed with their awareness of the tech space. They were cool to work with and talk to.

It was $10,000 to $50,000.

The project is complete. From beginning to end, it was about a two-month long engagement. There may be some future work on it, in which case we would go back to see if Agency Labs is available.

In general, the customer was happy. We found the process to be very smooth.

How did Agency Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

Agency Labs was good. They always made their technology teams available to us so that we always had someone to communicate with. It was important that we were very closely tied to the teams.

What distinguishes Agency Labs from other providers?

Agency Labs is responsive and knows what they're doing. I appreciated their direct form of communication so I didn't have to go through a number of people to get an answer.

Is there anything Agency Labs could have improved or done differently?

They could have been cheaper. That being said, I am happy with the work they provided.

Overall Score I'll definitely try to work with them again.
    I know they're worth it.

Web Development for Digital Agency

"Agency Labs is filled with good and friendly people."

Agency Labs assisted with overflow development projects, which included both frontend and backend development. The team also provided consultation on UX and collaboration on pitch processes.

New York City, New York
Former Managing Director, Digital Agency

Agency Labs was engaged, hands-on, personable, and accessible in their project management. The team is pleasant to work with and fosters a positive working relationship with productive communication. They were responsive to challenging timelines and remained positive and friendly.

I used to work for a digital agency in New York. They are a creative agency and digital production company that take on a lot of different projects and types of clients. They do anything from full-on rebrands to website platform redesigns, to innovative digital, experiential, and physical installation pieces. They have offices in both New York and Amsterdam.

I was Partner & Managing Director of North America.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Agency Labs?

Because we often got a lot of requests from clients, we became very busy. It is very wise to partner with trusted, talented people so that when things are busy, you are always covered. We partnered with Agency Labs on a few of our projects when we couldn’t take them on ourselves, and we always felt they were an extension of our team. It was a very collaborative approach.

They mainly provided development services. That is both front-end and back-end development. Additionally, Agency Labs would sometimes consult us on user experience and collaborate with us in our pitch process.

How did you come to work with Agency Labs?

Jonathan (the CEO) came into our office and did an in-person visit just to present their capabilities and show us what they were doing. I really appreciated his in-person approach and how genuine he was. From there, we knew if the opportunity presented itself, we would go with Agency Labs. When it did, we contacted them and have worked together ever since.

I would say in the range of $50,000 to $200,000.

The engagement is complete.

How did Agency Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

Agency Lab’s project management was really good. Jonathan is very involved as the CEO which is great. He was accessible at any point if something went wrong. He and his team are very hands-on, which I really appreciate.

What distinguishes Agency Labs from other providers?

Agency Labs is filled with good and friendly people. I know that sounds light or not as in-depth, but it’s very important to work with nice people. That kind of relationship fosters better and more productive communication. When we would approach them with a challenging timeline, they would always try to make it work. They were always friendly and had good attitudes throughout the process.

Is there anything Agency Labs could have improved or done differently?

I would prefer more in-person interaction. Jonathan showed up that one time, and we’ve had their team over once or twice. During a project, maybe they could show up two or three times just to increase and deepen that relationship.

For the standard platform stuff, they would be highly recommended.

Web Development Projects for Advertising Agency

"We have a good balance of creative and technical ability from our Agency Labs team."

Agency Labs partners with a real estate and automotive marketing agency to create websites from pre-existing designs. The process includes creating wireframes for various clients on an as-needed basis.

Chicago Metro Area
CEO, Advertising Agency

Agency Labs quickly learns new programs and knows what needs to be done in order to succeed in each project. The team listens to client needs and has a good balance of creative and technical ability. Communication with the team is better than average, but can always be improved.

We are an advertising agency located in Chicago, working in the real estate and automotive verticals.

I am the owner of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Agency Labs?

I needed help in translating my creative ideas into sites for my clients.

They help us with front-end design, including wireframes. We use them as our outside eyes.

We have a great relationship. Agency Labs think in tandem with me. It's beneficial to have access to their services only when clients have website building requirements.

How did you come to work with Agency Labs?

I received a marketing email from them. We responded and heard a phone pitch from their owner. We gave them a small project that impressed us. They project managed the deal just as my own team would have. Our project managers have gotten along extremely well. They've built more than five sites for me. Two of those were very simple while one was for a major international client. It was a monster task to take on.

The cost of an average project with Agency Labs is around $30,000 to $50,000.

We've been working with Agency Labs for about a year. The relationship is ongoing.

We worked on a website that blew the client's expectations. The design we made starting from paper drawings was very impressive. We received letters of appreciation, saying that the site was amazing.

We had a meeting recently, discussing RealPage and Exitor, two programs used by our clients. Agency Labs told us that, even though they aren't programs normally used by their team, they've since become experts in them. Everyone knows what has to be done. We don't create cookie-cutter sites, even though we'd like to. Every site that we build is based on different needs.

How did Agency Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a good balance of creative and technical ability from our Agency Labs team. I've thrown many curveballs in terms of the tools that are required by the clients. Agency Labs have found easy and simple ways to integrate them.

What distinguishes Agency Labs from other providers?

The smaller, real estate sites that we built have gotten us more work from the same client. Everything's been positive. Sadly, I take much more credit than I give to Agency Labs.

Is there anything Agency Labs could have improved or done differently?

Communication is always an issue. Having the time to pick up the phone and have a discussion instead of relying on Basecamp in order to find out what's going on is important. This isn't specifically to do with Agency Labs, it's a general state of the industry. Nobody makes phone calls for the simple things. We have good or better than average communication with them, but it can be improved. Their owner calls me every Monday morning, whether he needs to or not, and gives me a check-in. I appreciate that.

Overall Score I was hesitant in working with them at first, having found them through an email, and due to the fact that they're out of state, but I've been blown away by how well we've worked together.
    We have a give-and-take process, but Agency Labs are very flexible to change requests from our clients.
    Once in a while, we have to go back and make small fixes and tune-ups. I want them to work harder.
    I will continue to refer them until they become too busy to service me.