Drupal development and web design

Bronze

ADCI Solutions delivers results. Clutch proved.

We make magic (and business success) happen with Drupal - whatever you need: a content-heavy platform, high-load e-commerce website, or a simple corporate profile.

NEW offer: book a consultation on migration to Drupal 8 for free
More details at adcisolutions.com/services/drupal-migration

Drupal suits you if you own

• E-commerce website

• Drupal development
  • Vue.js and React.js development
  • Migration to Drupal
  • Support and maintenance

Don't know how to start? Ask Julia at the free initial consultation: https://calendly.com/julia-adci-solutions

2007
Omsk, Russia

Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Drupal Association, Acronis, The National Science Foundation, Alutech United Inc

Drupal 8 promotional page: development and design Image

Drupal 8 promotional page: development and design

This Drupal 8 promotional page is dedicated to the exhibition "A place in the sun" by the Russian impressionism museum.

The visitors can take part in a quiz and buy a ticket online!

Serverless online e-learning platform (React, Firebase) Image

Serverless online e-learning platform (React, Firebase)

DruLabs is an online e-learning platform dedicated to Drupal. Currently, there are 2 courses available - site-building and front-end development. A participant goes through a series of educational videos, then passes tests.

If they succeed, they receive a certificate about the test completion. We chose Firebase as the cloud database. The front-end is done with React and SASS. We also added our microservice for test

launch (node.js + nightmare).

Design for DrupalCon Dublin conferences Image

Design for DrupalCon Dublin conferences

ADCI Solutions company was a design partner for DrupalCon EU conferences in 2015 and 2016. We created the overall look of the conferences, including all digital assets and all printed materials.

Career app "WorkQ mentors" (React Native) Image

Career app "WorkQ mentors" (React Native)

Use the WorkQ mobile app to set up a video or audio conversation with seasoned professionals who can offer domain-specific advice and practical guidance.

Drupal 7 website development for Raze Motorsports  Image

Drupal 7 website development for Raze Motorsports

Development of a full-fledged e-сommerce Drupal 7 website with flexible and easy-to-use back-end administrator interface for Raze Motorsports. We implemented Catalog search, a flexible system of discounts and coupons, integrations with shipping services and payment gateways.

Drupal and Vue.js development and design for Alutech Image

Drupal and Vue.js development and design for Alutech

Alutech United Inc is the leading hurricane and security shutter manufacturer today. We migrated the website to Drupal 7, reconsidered the structure of the pages and redesigned it.

A Symfony CRM application for Oxford Business Group Image

A Symfony CRM application for Oxford Business Group

Oxford Business Group (OBG) is a global publishing, research, and consultancy firm. We created a CRM application with the following functionality: data processing, permissions system, search, workflow features / easy and comfortable layouts.

Drupal website development for Acronis International Image

Drupal website development for Acronis International

Acronis applications are wide-known as the most secure, solid, and stable disk backup solutions. ADCI Solutions has built a multilingual website to popularize and sell these outstanding applications.

Bibliography & Citation module for Drupal 8 Image

Bibliography & Citation module for Drupal 8

Bibliography & Citation aka Bibcite is a made from the scratch module for Drupal 8 that utilizes the best practices and Drupal API. The module solves quite specific tasks and allows to import, export and manage the bibliography and citation.

Dating app (React Native) Image

Dating app (React Native)

Posters create and fill their profiles. And then finders search, chat, pay and meet with posters.

Drupal 8 development for The 25th NSF EPSCoR National Conference  Image

Drupal 8 development for The 25th NSF EPSCoR National Conference

We migrated the structure of the website from Drupal 6 to Drupal 8, implemented a mobile version and developed the website theme.

Reko website enhancement Image

Reko website enhancement

The website enhancement and development for the Reko Enterprises company, a jewelry manufacturer which has 2000 different jewelries in the catalog. One of the features implemented - a very powerful search with facet filters.

Drupal 8 website development for The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science  Image

We developed a Drupal 8 website and migrated content for the "Epistemes of Modern Acoustics" research group to host different articles and other publications about acoustics, including historical data. The website has different kinds of data inputted and shown, has convenient content authoring capabilities, also, content moderation, tools to deal with scholarly data and citations.

Drupal and Angular development for GoIntro Image

Drupal and Angular development for GoIntro

GoIntro is a startup job tool based in Edinburgh. GoIntro allows students to hold 1-to-1 video chats with multiple employers on the online career fair. ADCI Solutions was busy with developing the ecosystems for three types of users: an organiser, an employer, and a student. The website is made in Drupal 7 using Angular (2+) for the front-end part.

Web Development for Climbing Gear Review Platform

"ADCI's project management is impressive."

ADCI Solutions completed a Drupal web development project that was started by a previous developer. Communication took place through Asana and Slack.

Sheridan, Wyoming
Alison Dennis
Founder & CEO, Weigh My Rack LLC

The collaboration with ADCI Solutions was successful. The team is professional and thorough in their work. It is easy to have trust and confidence in their abilities.

We are the most comprehensive rock climbing gear website. Founded in 2008 we aim to make finding, comparing, and buying gear easy. I am the founder and CEO.

For what projects/services did your company hire ADCI Solutions?

We initially hired ADCI Solutions for a large project that had been semi-completed by another company. It was a lot of database work, taking retailer datafeeds and integrating them into our platform. We were so impressed we kept ADCI on for regular contract work.

We have had many projects with different goals. Overall, the underlying goals are always to deliver a Drupal-based solution that will be future-focused, cost-effective, and a solution to the problem at hand. We fully expect all solutions to be done in the proper 'Drupal Way'.

I initially found ADCI Solutions via Upwork. I had a written and spoken interview where they were ultimately the chosen candidate. During the interview, some questions were specifically designed to ensure a high level of detail, as well as an open-ness to discuss solutions I might not see (versus just doing what I say). I wanted somebody who felt comfortable to speak their mind and share their expertise.

My main goals were to hire somebody that would be efficient and experienced in Drupal, and who could communicate well. Another big factor for me narrowing down the candidates was how the company would give back to the community.

I only interviewed agencies/developers that had contributed to Drupal modules and/or showed other ways they were involved in the Drupal community. ADCI checked all the boxes and gave me the most confidence that they could understand and solve my complex problems.

We have now worked on many projects together. Often, I will give broad requirements if looking for an estimate or detailed requirements once we've decided to put something in the queue.

ADCI always asks great clarifying questions and brings up suggestions/ideas/ possible problems far ahead of time so we can sort them through. ADCI is very responsive and agile.

I mostly work with one dev, but I am happy knowing he has other resources at ADCI that he can call on. Sometimes other dev's test, or are able to be on-call when my dev is on vacation.

ADCI is our main developer (contractor). We are a very small startup team, and we now outsource all our Drupal/web tasks to ADCI.

ADCI's project management is impressive. Any delays (which are quire rare) are always written clearly. Everybody we have interacted with has used perfect English. We mostly communicate through Asana for tasks (and use Slack). The time difference is noticed (normal business hours, Russia timezone), but it is not a hindrance.

I am most impressed by the professionalism in terms of the speed and thoroughness in which tasks are done and the manner in which it's all communicated. I have great confidence and trust in the team at ADCI.

I struggle to think of a way ADCI could improve. Anything I could list here would be purely selfish and not something that is worth changing for a "slight preference" of ours.

Overall Score I am so happy to have found ADCI Solutions as the work done is of a very high level and the communication is great.
    We have very open communication through Slack.
    The cost is higher than some firms with similar experience levels, but I am satisfied with the quality of work to cost benefit.
    ADCI does everything to make sure I am satisfied and that the project goes smoothly.
    I would recommend ADCI without hesitation.

Web Development for Development Firm

"We were really impressed with the turnaround time."

Nov. - Dec. 2019

ADCI Solutions provided staff augmentation for a development firm. The team provided outsourced React development for a third-party client, adding landing pages and fixing bugs.

Toronto, Canada
CEO and Co-founder, Development Firm

The team delivered quality work within a short turnaround time, meeting the expectations and needs of the third-party client. ADCI Solutions establishes a smooth workflow to ensure both teams are on the same page. The team is talented and collaborative.

Customer software development company founded in 2006. I'm a co-founder of the company.

For what projects/services did your company hire ADCI Solutions?

One of our existing clients had an urgent request to be new features in the existing React application. All our inhouse developers were all busy with other projects. So we reached out to ADCI solutions for help.

Our main goal was to get help from a professional React developer immediately as it was an urgent project. It was equally important that the developer would understand the project specifics fast and could keep a good pace to complete the project before the deadline. Last but not least, the price had to be reasonable as we were constrained by the project budget.

I knew Alex and his ADCI team before and I was pretty confident in them. They also always provide a good price.

They build a few new features in the existing React application, added a couple of new landing pages and fixes some existing bugs along the way.

From the ADCI side, it was a could of React developers (one of them acted as a project manager as well) and from time to time one extra front-end developer chimed in. From our side, it was me and our project manager.

They built a few new features and landing pages in the existing React application, fixing some existing bugs along the way.

One of the developers from ADCI side has acted as a project manager as well. We had an efficient communication with him over email and skype. He was the primary point of contact and then he managed 2 other developers behind the scenes. It worked out great.

We were really impressed with the turnaround time. Thanks to ADCI we delivered the project on time. Largely that's because of their React expertise and great collaboration skills.

It was a short project, it lasted only a month. I'm happy that I got help from Alex and his team, even though I had a few other teams to choose from.

Website Support & Maintenance for Cybersecurity Startup

"Since they take care of my website, I can focus on the actual business of my company.”

2016 - Ongoing

ADCI Solutions provides ongoing updates and maintenance for a Drupal website featuring cybersecurity solutions.

Germany
Executive, Cybersecurity Startup

ADCI Solutions’ reliability and communication make for an effortless collaboration. They are highly skilled and efficient, often resolving issues within a day. ADCI’s CEO is approachable and responsive, which has added value to the engagement.

I’m the CEO of a small security startup. Our company is developing devices like USB keys for user authentication and encryption.

What challenge were you trying to address with ADCI Solutions?

Our challenge was finding a webmaster for our Drupal-based website. We needed someone to take care of errors, module updates, and continuous improvements.

ADCI Solutions has provided support, maintenance, and development for our Drupal website, which is primarily for information purposes. The most complex part of the site is a section that can be filtered based on several criteria, allowing users to search it more conveniently.

Most of the time, there’s been one developer assigned to our project. That person happens to change every year, so we’re working with the third developer from ADCI Solutions. It’s convenient to have one main point of contact.

How did you come to work with ADCI Solutions?

I found them on the web, where I saw a presentation at a Drupal conference that featured a module ADCI Solutions had developed. They seemed competent and had a reasonable price structure for those skills.

We’ve spent less than $50,000 on their services.

We started working with ADCI Solutions in 2016, and the engagement is ongoing.

I can only answer generally, but ADCI Solutions has improved our online visibility without me needing to bother about it. Since they take care of my website, I can focus on the actual business of my company.

How did ADCI Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re responsive, usually getting back to me and fixing problems within a day. Their CEO is responsive as well—he seems to work 24 hours a day to take care of everything. If I ever needed to escalate something, I’d feel comfortable reaching out to him.

I issue tickets over Basecamp and use it for general communication. In most cases, they solve issues independently, without much communication required.

I’m impressed with their responsiveness and independence in solving issues. I have nothing to complain about, which is why we’re still working together.

I can’t think of any recommendations right now.

I don’t think there are any obstacles future clients need to be aware of. I think it’s important to use ticket systems. The rest is straightforward.

I have nothing to complain about.

Drupal Development for Transporation Company

“They have a very strong knowledge of Drupal.”

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

ADCI Solutions provides Drupal development, having taken over the project from another team. They are fixing multiple issues, including with the server, improving the usability, and working on the database.

Vienna, Austria
Jorge Campo Delgado
Functional Manager, RailNetEurope

The ongoing development services are producing good results, with its speed already increased by a factor of 1.5. Their good price-quality ratio means that it is now a cheaper solution for the company, while their responsiveness and professionalism make the collaboration easy.

I work as the functional manager for an international transport company.

For what projects/services did your company hire ADCI Solutions?

We have a common communication platform developed with Drupal. It has more than a hundred spaces where our users can share their projects, documents, events, and workflow change requests. It became quite complex due to the multiple permissions required.

Our last developers lacked the necessary expertize, so we needed to fix multiple issues. We also wanted to update the server, PHP, database, and Drupal cases, as well as to improve the usability.

We chose them due to their expertize and competitive price. They work heavily in the Drupal platform and some examples of their past work helped us to decide to move forward.

Currently, they are solving our general issues and implementing the required updates. In a planned second phase, usability improvements will take place, together with the normal maintenance of the platform.

We work with their CEO for general matters. We also work with one project manager and two developers—a third if needed. This team fits our needs and hasn’t changed.

They created the solution and then clearly demonstrated to us, using various tools, exactly how the platform will improve after their updates. For example, its speed will increase by a factor of 1.5. Due to their competitive rate, the cost of it has actually decreased for us too.

As we expected, ADCI is performing well. The response time is impressive, and they’re quite fast at solving any issue we give them. We use Skype for communication and Basecamp for the issues. The time difference between our teams is four hours, but we don’t find it problematic due to their good response time.

They have a very strong knowledge of Drupal. All their interactions with me are professional, which makes the job quite enjoyable. Their quality-price ratio is also impressive.

Everything is good so far. After we complete the fixes and updates, I would like to see how good their advice is, in terms of the improvements to the tool.

Overall Score We're very pleased with them.
    They've been fast and on time.
    They offer an excellent price for the quality.
    It's been perfect so far.
    I've already recommended them for other projects.

Outsourced Drupal Dev for Tech Agency

"The turnaround time for deliverables and bug fixes was always faster than expected."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

ADCI Solutions at first only fixed bugs and helped maintain existing web solutions. Superior results earned them further involvement and now the project team focuses on site development.

Sydney, Australia
Jr. Digital Producer

ADCI has a proven track record of consistency and responsiveness. Their developers are talented, driven, and dedicated to customer satisfaction.

Please introduce your business and what you do there.

I’m a junior producer and support manager at a boutique digital agency with about 8–10 people. We have a mixed team with a variety of specialties.

What challenges were you trying to address with ADCI?

The first time we contracted ADCI was because we were overwhelmed with project work. There were a lot of competing priorities. We didn’t have the manpower to finish everything we had on our plates without causing unreasonable delays.

At first, ADCI helped us with bug fixes and other maintenance work. Their support lets our developers focus exclusively on newer client solutions instead of constantly having to change gears. ADCI's project team eventually proved that they could handle more complex challenges. That's when we decided to have them help us with other, more important project work.

We now have them developing two separate websites. One is being custom coded with HTML5 and the other is being built on Drupal. Both websites are purely informational. The only required integrations are with MailChimp, Facebook, and Instagram.

Dmitry is our primary support contact and Vlad is our project manager. The wider team of 2–5 people has changed depending on the situation.

How did you come to work with ADCI Solutions?

I wasn't responsible for the hiring process. It was our managing director who brought them onboard. If I recall correctly, she had found them online doing her own research. They received demo work and based on that outcome, we decided to enter into a longer-term engagement.

How long is this engagement?

We originally hired them for maintenance and support back in November [2016] but the more meaningful project work only began a few months ago.

What can you share that would illustrate the success of working together?

The turnaround time for deliverables and bug fixes was always faster than expected, especially compared to some of the other outsourcing companies we've used previously. Unlike the vendor that we used immediately before them, ADCI actually takes the time to listen to us and answer our questions in terms we can understand. More importantly, when they fix something or propose a solution to a problem we're facing, it's always permanent; whereas with our other vendors, the things would never really be solved.

How is your engagement supervised?

We used JIRA with them. Basecamp was our original tool but once we began including them in more important work, we moved to JIRA. That was an excellent decision because now we have more visibility into our workflow and how things are progressing. They've been more than happy to work openly with us, which wasn't necessarily expected because such close collaboration and transparency can be a point of argument for other vendors.

What do you consider most impressive about ADCI Solutions?

They have extremely talented people on their team; you can tell they really invest a lot in everyone they hire. Having worked pretty closely with them, I can tell they love what they do and that passion definitely translated into better work. Another major strength is their expertise in Drupal, which is a big factor for us since several client projects involve Drupal sites.

Lastly, they're spot on with their estimations, which is one of the most difficult things to do consistently well. The ranges they've given us have always been realistic.

Platform Redesign for Talent Placement Agency

"They have good developers working with them ... overall, it’s a reliable agency."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

ADCI joined an in-house team already developing a gamified career fair platform. The combined efforts of both groups enabled on-time solution delivery with minimal issues.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Managing Director, GoIntro

ADCI continues to prove themselves a talented, professional, and affordable partner. Their budget and timeline estimates are remarkably accurate.

GoIntro is a technology that we license to universities, allowing them to host their career fairs online.

What challenge were you trying to address with ADCI Solutions?

We have our own developers, but we needed some support with the event interface just to get it delivered on time. That’s the part of the system which allows students and employers to connect through our gamified environment. We also gave them all the theme and style work scopes for the whole project. We outsourced part of the project to them.

They helped us fix some things on our old website. They redesigned some of the pages where students go to find jobs in the tech sector. More recently, they’ve been helping design a tool from concept to completion, which is an online career fair portal which we licensed to colleges and universities.

We worked with three of their developers. Because we worked with them before in the previous project to create a job site, I asked for specific developers who were keen to work with us. We put together the work scopes for them. We requested one of the backend developers who was particularly good. When we go into the frontend, we requested the frontend developers as well. I served as project manager.

How did you come to work with ADCI Solutions?

We use Drupal, so we’re looking for a Drupal specialist agency. I had a look at agencies that had good reviews online, and I spoke with a lot of them. Our CTO and I were speaking with other two other development agencies and ADCI. He was quite impressed with their proposition and had them undertake some of the work scope. We got them to perform a small work scope for us. They did it to a good standard for that time, so we used them ever since.

After the second project, we did speak to a few agencies and got quotes, but we knew we want to use them again anyway. If we got quotes that were ridiculously cheaper and the people seemed just as competent, we may have considered the switch. But because they did the first project well and the quote was reasonable, we stuck with them.

The first project started about September and finished October or November. For this newer, bigger project, we started working with them March or April. This phase of the project should be finished over the next couple of weeks. Once I finish this project, we’re going to have lots of additional smaller projects off the back of this for clients that we have. We’ll definitely consider working with them for work scopes that we can’t handle ourselves since time is of the essence on our end. We just need more hands for a short period of time.

Their value, compared to other agencies I’ve worked with, is that they’re good in that their price and time estimations are fairly accurate. For any fixed-priced project, they were always happy to fix any bugs that occurred. All in all, the project has gone well.

How did ADCI Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communications are excellent. They were very responsive. It was easy to get insight into what they were doing and how long things were going to take. I felt like they were on top of things. They have their own project management tool, but we tended to use Trello and Slack, which works well.

What did you find most impressive about ADCI Solutions?

They’re straightforward, easy to work with, and pretty honest. They have good developers working with them. Overall, it’s a reliable agency.

Are there any areas ADCI Solutions could improve?

No. Nothing out of the ordinary.

There are two different points. With regards to hitting targets, it’s a 4. With regards to being responsive throughout, I’d say a 5.

Custom Software Development for Cybersecurity Company

"I’m 100% satisfied with their efforts."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

2009 - Ongoing

ADCI supplies frontend and backend development for integrated insurance portals, focusing on robust security and extended CMS functionality with custom coding and supplementary design work.

Miami Metro Area
CEO, Cyber-security Company

Throughout the 8-year partnership, ADCI’s work has performed reliably and catalyzed new business opportunities. The team’s high-production workflow, competitive costs, and responsiveness continue to promote success.

I’m the founder and managing director of a trio of companies that serve large insurance firms.

What challenge were you trying to address with ADCI?

As a company, we really push the envelope. We’ve got both products and services, and we’re about 90% Drupal-based. However, whenever we go outside the Drupal environment for technology reasons, we still work with ADCI. They’re flexible and will adapt to our needs when we look at different technologies.

We do frontend and backend portals for large insurance companies, and there are serious security concerns with that type of software, which is partly why we started using Drupal. That type of functionality involves building workflow processes and business requirements into portals. When it’s delivered to the insurance company, they have tools to process their applications better. One typical application for us in the insurance world involves 4 large, publicly held companies. We’re doing accounting across those 4 companies through a single portal, which isn’t typical for the Drupal environment.

We don’t just do normal, core content-management system stuff. Instead, we extend the functionality quite a bit. ADCI has done a lot of custom coding for us, as well as design work when needed. Most of what we do starts in Drupal, but we’ve moved into decoupling Drupal now, using it as a backend service. ADCI also helps us with JavaScript frontend stuff.

Right now, I do 100% of my programming with ADCI. They offer mobile app development, but we’ve decided to wait on that until our product is more stable.

How did you come to work with ADCI?

When we decided to move to Drupal, I looked online for reasonably priced companies with experience. ADCI has really done a great job. I’ve been doing this for 15 years, and I’ve worked with a number of overseas companies. I really couldn’t be happier with ADCI. I’ve done a lot of business with them over the last 8 years.

How much have you invested with ADCI?

Annual expenses for my projects are over $500,000.

We started working together in 2009, and our relationship is ongoing.

I’m satisfied with ADCI’s performance so far, and I believe their work has helped my company move forward and be successful. I’m not looking for other providers because I’m very happy with ADCI.

What did you find most impressive about ADCI?

They’re easy to work with and very responsive. I’m 100% satisfied with their efforts. I have a lot of experience working with overseas companies. Once you find someone you’re happy with, there’s no reason to change. They’re just a great team.

Are there any areas ADCI could improve?

We work in a pretty high-production environment. It’s an engine that goes all the time. The work is stabilized, and we’re happy with what we have.

Do you have any advice or suggestions for potential clients?

Having someone who speaks Russian on your team would be wise. Communication is always a challenge. It’s the most critical factor in dealing with overseas companies in general, and ADCI is no exception. If you can communicate your needs properly, they’ll produce it properly. That’s the key to success. I suggest communicating with graphics instead of words. A lot of people spend considerable time and effort on functional design specifications. They write multi-page, paragraph forms what they think the software should do. It’s actually easier across languages to communicate in pictures.

Overall Score They're fantastic.
    I would give them a 6 if I could.
    Their design could be improved a bit.

Flagship Product Enhancement for Marketing Tech Firm

"ADCI shines above all of the providers I've dealt with in the past."

Nov. 2015 - May 2017

ADCI Solutions expanded the functionality of a legacy product, incorporating new features and tripling data sources to support social network analytics.

Portland, Oregon
VP of Development,

The enhanced product now includes more robust coding and reliable quality, thanks to ADCI Solutions’ existing proficiencies and eagerness to develop their skills even further. Their responsiveness, reasonable pricing, and ability to exceed expectations earned top marks across the board.

I’m the vice president of development at Measureful. We do social network analytics for Google Ads and all sorts of different advertising campaign platforms. We put those into easy-to-read reports that get sent via email on a set schedule. For example, you can define your reports as Google Analytics and Facebook Ads, and you want that report emailed to you every Monday with a period-over-period report.

What challenge were you trying to address with ADCI Solutions?

I had great success working with ADCI on a previous project called SoPops. I knew that the new project was a little bit out of their expertise area. (They are experts in Drupal, and the new project is a Ruby on Rails project.) Due to my success with them on the last project, I contacted ADCI’s CEO Alex and asked if the team would be willing to take on a Ruby project. He managed to find a developer who could handle Ruby and hooked me up with him.

We’d adopted a product that was already established, but we wanted to add new features and data resources. This legacy product was an acquisition for us. For a short term, we acquired the engineering resources that were involved, but we quickly decided that we wanted to move away from those resources.

When we acquired Measureful, there were only 3 data sources. Since then, we've tripled that. For each of the pre-existing data sources, we added additional data metrics to enable additional metrics reporting for the 3 that already existed. We've also added lots of features for configuring reports.

I did have a hand in putting the ADCI team together. One resource was all that we needed, and I worked very closely with that resource. I acted as the project manager myself.

ADCI has done 2 projects for me now. I definitely would consider them for future projects, whether they were Drupal-based or on some other platform.

How did you come to work with ADCI Solutions?

The first project that we did with ADCI was in Drupal. They were certified Drupal partners, which was a major reason why we went along with them. I really liked the quality of work that they delivered. I went through a few developers on that project, but every developer seemed to be of the highest quality. They’re every bit as good as I could get here in the United States. They've gained a lot of respect from me for their ability to output good code.

How much have you invested with ADCI Solutions?

The total, just on Measureful, is probably $70,000.

We spent close to a year and a half on the first project and at least a year on the second project until recently. I wasn't able to continue with the Measureful product at this time. We may be able to revive it later, but for now, it's had to take a back seat. We've been working on Measureful since around early 2016, maybe even late 2015. I last communicated with them about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Our involvement with them is concluded, but as soon as we're able, I plan on restarting.

Even though we haven't been able to continue on Measureful, that has nothing to do with ADCI; it's more due to a concern that the product hasn't been taken to market effectively. My hope is that once we get some marketing going on behind Measureful and more customers on board, we will be able to resume development with ADCI.

I empower people to make decisions as much as possible, so I had no intention of micromanaging them. That said, I have worked with other outsourced agencies and engineers in India and China. They are, by far, the most responsive in communication and have the best quality output that I've seen. ADCI shines above all of the providers I've dealt with in the past. Typically, outsourced developers give poorly written code, but I've been impressed with the quality of the code that ADCI put out.

How did ADCI Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

I try to maintain a personal relationship with developers. It's a little different. Usually, there's a project manager at ADCI that handles that communication, but I wanted to be very hands-on. It does mean that I end up working a graveyard schedule, but it was worth it for me to be able to have that personal contact. Often, the developer and I would be discussing features over Skype, and I liked that communication. Again, that's a place where they have performed better than other outsourced agencies. Documentation was all over the place. We've used Google Docs, wikis, and bug-tracking databases, but most of our day-to-day communication was via Skype.

Are there any areas ADCI Solutions could improve?

Nothing really comes to mind. I suppose that they've done really well in just about every situation that I can think of. Usually, any lack of communication was on my part, not theirs. I would say that if there are places to make improvements, it would be on my end.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with ADCI Solutions?

First off, beware outsourcing in general. Outsourcing is very tricky to do right. Perform regular code reviews. Don't just take code and run it; you actually have to review. That's not specific to ADCI; it pertains to anybody you're outsourcing with. Once you're comfortable with the code that they're putting out, you can lighten up a little bit. Having been around the block, I would say that review the quality of the code is the biggest thing. They're not serving me dinner; they're writing me a piece of software, and that code has to be the highest quality in order for the product to be high-quality.

Overall Score If Measureful got funding for additional development and marketing resources, I’d immediately get ADCI working again.
    I may be a little different than other clients since I’m managing the project. I've never had a complaint with their ability to meet my expectations and, in most cases, exceed them. If I estimate a project will take 40 hours, it’s usually done sooner.
    Let's face it: price is very important. That's why I can't hire a developer near me since they all want $125 an hour. At $25 an hour, I can hire 5 developers at ADCI for the price of a developer here in Oregon.
    I've dealt with developers worldwide. I don't know if it's the guys in Omsk, Russia that are just especially smart or if ADCI is really good at finding the talent, but they’ve been able to deliver quality code to me, and that's what counts.
    I’d recommend them as long as it won’t cost me business; they’re my ace in the hole. I would recommend them to people who I really cared about and wanted to help, but I wouldn't want to give up my engineers.

Drupal Development for Counseling Matching Service

"At this point, these are my guys. I'm not really shopping around for anyone else."

2012 - 2016

ADCI inherited an incomplete project from another supplier. They first debugged the existing codebase before developing and launching the online mental health directory. Enhancements are now the main focus.

Denver, Colorado
Robert Whitman
Founder, Five Star Counseling Services

The finished site has already attracted nearly 111,000 visitors and significantly increased paid therapist listings. ADCI’s specialized technical skills, quick problem-solving, and thoughtful customer service catalyzed this long-term business engagement.

I run an online therapist directory where people who are looking for either marriage counselors or individual counselors can find therapists that are close to them and sort and narrow down the list, based on that individual’s or couple’s needs so that they can find the right therapist. I’m the founder.

What challenges were you trying to address with ADCI?

The original website was partially built by another developer. Unfortunately, it was a train wreck at the time.

I gave ADCI specifications including what needed to be fixed and what the overall vision for the project was because, at the time, it was also incomplete. Then, through a collaborative process, we developed the website.

They took what I had and worked with it, repairing what needed to be repaired and continuing the development from there. There was an extensive debugging process because of the previous developer.

They created the homepage and landing page. The most spectacular thing that they developed was the search function. If you click the “search for a therapist” button, that entire Solr/Drupal collaboration is quite spectacular, and they did all that.

There were at least four or five people from ADCI who worked on this project. We interacted on a regular basis—pretty much their Monday through Friday. We have had three project leads assigned to our account. There's one person, Evgeny [Web Developer, ADCI], who oversees the whole thing; he is just fantastic.

How did you come to work with ADCI?

I was having some difficulties with my previous developer. I did an online search for Drupal experts and found several through a Drupal directory. I contacted some of them and got responses from a handful. I chose Alex's [CEO, ADCI] group because of their general expertise in Drupal and Solr, ability to use maps to display data, overall responsiveness, and customer service.

How much have you invested with ADCI?

I have spent around $30,000.

It’s been an enormous project. We have been working together for about four years now. The project finished about eight months ago, but there have been some tweaks that I have needed along the way for things I did not anticipate. I have retained them to make those changes and to continue with website updates and security issues.

I'm not exactly sure how to quantify that. The biggest success is that the website project would not exist at all were it not for them. I wouldn't have this asset because I don't know where I would have turned. The old version didn’t launch until ACDI came along. My previous developer bailed on me. It launched on April 21. Since that time, I’ve had 110,850 users, and 87,770 of them have been new users.

I've had plenty of therapists who have signed up after finding the site on the internet and becoming members. They're paying for it, so that’s definitely an endorsement.

The only other supplier was the one that I had before, and ACDI is very responsive. I've had a handful of what I would call crises over the years: things broke while the website is live, and I’m trying to promote it at the same time. As the owner, I feel like each issue needs to be fixed now. I’ve been able to see on Google Analytics that three, four, and sometimes as many as five developers are on the site actively looking at what's going on and addressing any problem.

How did ADCI perform from a project management standpoint?

Basecamp is what we used to communicate. I believe that it does translation, so I get their Russian communications in English, and they get mine in Russian, unless their English is really quite good.

What did you find most impressive about ADCI?

At this point, these are my guys. I'm not really shopping around for anyone else. I’m very happy with them, and I'm not exactly the easiest person to please.

Overall Score If someone comes to me and says, “This is what I’m doing,” I’m going to say, “These are your guys.”
    The value has been tremendous. I realize that I’ve spent an awful lot of money with these guys. But, had I done it with a different developer, it would have been a prohibitive cost.
    I wish I could give them a 6.

Ongoing Drupal Dev for Interactive Digital Agency

"They always put on their thinking cap and create an innovative solution."

2011 - Ongoing

ADCI Solutions apply their Drupal skills to support both internal development and ongoing projects for end-customers. Resource assignments scale according to demand.

San Diego, California
Founder, Drupal Dev Agency

Several completed projects have earned industry awards, thanks to ADCI Solution’s willingness to expand their competencies and satisfy complex requirements. The team’s consistency and professionalism are defining traits.

I’m the founder and technical director of a Drupal development agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with ADCI Solutions?

We needed additional resources who were skilled with Drupal.

ADCI Solutions did both consulting and technical work on ongoing projects for external clients as well as some internal work. It’s exclusively in Drupal. Over the years, the number of resources we use has fluctuated from one or two all the way up to 7–8 resources. In addition to Drupal developers, we use one of their illustrators from time to time. We do the project management in-house.

How did you come to work with ADCI Solutions?

We found them years ago on Drupal.org. We initially worked with another company in a similar role; however, ADCI was stronger in the field. They were very fair in their completion time, quality of work, and communication. I’ve enjoyed working with them.

We began working together in 2011, and the relationship is ongoing.

We’ve had several award-winning projects. ADCI Solutions had challenging projects that definitely pushed their level of competencies to the edge with very unique and complex web problems. They always put on their thinking cap and create an innovative solution.

How did ADCI Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve used Basecamp over the years for communication, as well as Skype and occasional phone calls.

What did you find most impressive about ADCI Solutions?

We’ve had our ups and downs, but we’d get that with anyone over the span of a relationship. Their level of competency is greater than other partners with whom we’ve worked. They’re very respectful in their communication. Everyone there shows up and puts forth an honest day’s work, and they enjoy what they do.

Are there any areas ADCI Solutions could improve?

They are consistent, but it’s a matter of making their lows a little better and quality control. I think they’re on the right path. Also, there have been improvements in project management software that we could utilize.

Bronze