We Create Lasting Experiences

AD:60 is a mobile first digital agency that specializes in making brands famous by generating impactful business results.

Grounded in understanding our partner’s business, we look to identify opportunities that lead to building the right solution, that right way. From strategy to design & development, we ensure a strong connection of strategy and technical feasibility. All without sacrifice.

An award-winning, close-knit team of strategists, designers and engineers have a shared desire to create mobile and web solutions worth believing in. We value collaborative, meaningful working partnerships resulting in quantitative success.

Brooklyn, NY

Stash Invest

South Beach Diet

Spencer's Gifts

Spencer's Gifts

Spencer’s tasked AD:60 to make them a mobile first ecommerce experience.

Delectable Android App

Delectable, an app that does everything a physical dossier can do, and more. Instead of peeling labels off of bottles, simply scan the label and Delectable will recognize it instantly, giving you ratings, reviews, and descriptions of the wine in question. AD:60 was tasked with building out the core functionality of the Delectable Android app.

Christie's Auction House

AD:60 developed Christie's iPhone and iPad app to bring luxury to mobile.

Stash Invest

Making the leap from traditional savings into investing. Stash Invest is an easy to use, award winning mobile application focused on investing in what you love.

App Development for Health Website

"AD:60 has been the best creative partner, not only in terms of design and execution, but also in terms of concepting and business rationale."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

AD:60 was tasked with extending a startup brand from a website into a mobile application to tap into a new source of users and potential advertising revenue.

New York City Area
Consultant, Health Website

AD:60 is complimented for managing the project extremely well and providing helpful suggestions that improved the end product. AD:60 is unique because they challenge client assumptions and offer amazing creativity.

Our website is focused on general health and wellness with a mindful approach, specifically around yoga, meditation, healthy eating, pain management, and so on. It was launched 2 years ago and has been backed by a family that has a focus on yoga and meditation. They have started programs in inner-city schools and have gathered data around how yoga and meditation can help kids in tough situations. I am a consultant working with startups and media companies. I act as the head of operations for the group and take care of business planning, financial management, staffing, and resources.

What challenge were you trying to address with AD:60?

We needed help with brand extension in the mobile space through a functional yoga application and wanted to gain potential downstream revenue.

AD:60 has focused on developing our app. We started the project with high-level concepting sessions at AD:60's studio. There was a dedicated project manager on our end who was actively involved in the back and forth of the design stage. It was a good creative process, and AD:60 challenged our expectations, helping us understand what would and wouldn't work.

How did you come to work with AD:60?

I made an RFP [request for proposal] and reached out to my network in January 2016, asking for vendor recommendations. I also included a couple of companies I'd used in the past. I submitted the RFP to around 10 people and received 6 qualified responses. I zeroed in on 2 to 3 of them, but our team was strongly leaning towards AD:60 from the beginning.

One of the developers that reached the final selection round was one I'd used in the past. They were good and solid but had gotten too comfortable in their approach. AD:60 reminds me of that company 5 years ago.

How much have you invested with AD:60?

The total cost of our project with AD:60 is expected to be around $250,000. AD:60 offered a good price – not inexpensive, but not overly expensive, either.

We started working with AD:60 in February 2016. We have finished the design phase, and are preparing for the actual coding [as of October 2016].

I'm enormously satisfied with AD:60. After having gone through the process and taken part in mobile development in all shapes and sizes, using both United States-based and outsourced firms, our work with AD:60 has been the most satisfying process. We received what we paid for and then some. AD:60 has been the best creative partner, not only in terms of design and execution, but also in terms of concepting and business rationale. Through this process, AD:60 improved the idea we came with. It was the first time I'd seen a mobile vendor do this, even though I've worked with some smart people in the past.

I have been impressed with AD:60's investment in helping the client interrogate their own idea and business plan, making sure that it's sound.

How did AD:60 perform from a project management standpoint?

We don't have any metrics yet but, during the course of our project, we've had around 100 working sessions with AD:60. I can't begin to say how much back and forth this has amounted to on Basecamp, but it has been an efficient process. The availability and interaction with AD:60's team was impressive to me.

What did you find most impressive about AD:60?

AD:60 is a professional and solid group that has over delivered. What most impressed me was that AD:60 was unafraid to challenge the client on what they believed in. While AD:60 acknowledged that they didn't know much about yoga, they were able to help us shape the application and some of the training features within it in ways that we didn't expect. AD:60's ability to not only be a design and code shop but also one that can help guide a business model is their strength. Any good mobile app comes down to what new and special elements it can bring.

Everyone has ideas and building them into a wireframe becomes an almost clinical process. Once that is done, the coding is almost easy. Finalizing the interrogation via a creative concept is the hardest piece. AD:60 is unique in being able to provide input on our idea.

Are there any areas AD:60 could improve?

I don't think so.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with AD:60?

If the client is looking for a creative partner able to take an idea and make it better, not just a creative agency, they should use AD:60. Otherwise, they should simply get a project manager and outsource the work to India.

Overall Score The experience was good. AD:60 is a professional and engaged company.
    AD:60 kept us on schedule.
    AD:60 was good at explaining why costs would scale through their SOW [statement of work], and the price was moderate.
    AD:60 would be my first suggestion, and I have already done it.

Custom Ruby Development for Media Agency

"AD60's entire team was wonderful in terms of how they connected to our group."

Mar. 2016 - Jun. 2016

AD:60 was engaged to create an internal employee platform to strategize media accounts and reduce busy work and allow for high-level thinking.

New York City Area
Chief Digital Officer, Media Agency

AD:60 stands out for creating a highly effective system with great user feedback and input. AD:60 is recommended for strategic development initiatives.

We are a New-York-based media agency. I was the chief digital officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with AD60?

We needed to develop an internal platform for our staff. We wanted to automate the strategic planning and tactics selection across the board for all of our media investment, online and offline.

Initially, AD60 helped set the overarching strategy. We talked about what we wanted to accomplish and what we wanted the platform to handle for the 400-500 staff members who would be utilizing it. AD60 determined what they could do, how the platform could be build, what would be possible in phase 1, what we should do in phase 2. They handled everything, from the color scheme, font, information architecture, and so on.

We used an open source technology as well as custom code. AD60 also built a custom content management system. Once the project was completed, it allowed us to make updates to the platform without having to go back and engage AD60 over and over again. We had a solution which could be contained within the agency. The primary technology used was Ruby on Rails and everything else was a proprietary CMS.

How did you come to work with AD60?

I've worked in the field for well over 20 years. I’m familiar with the space, from technologists to design firms. I reached out to 10 different shops, talked about our project, and whittled the options to around 4. I had the remaining shops come in and we dug deeper into the skillsets of their teams. We also evaluated their current project workload as well as the time and attention that they'd be able to devote to our business. We went through a round of sample pricing and came to select AD60.

How much have you invested with AD60?

The cost of AD60's services was between $150,000 and $250,000.

Our project was completed at the end of June 2016, after 2 to 3 months.

AD60's team literally built the plane as they were flying it. I hit AD60 with multiple changes, both minor and major ones. After getting a functioning prototype, I launched it within multiple groups, each consisting of 5-6 employees with various levels. We received multiple change requests from each of them. There were a number of QA specialists involved in all of the adjustments, contributing to a good result for all our staff. AD60's entire team was wonderful in terms of how they connected to our group. They provided the necessary time and attention for full QA. People don't like change and are used to the way they work. However, my team picked up the new system quickly and it has made their day more efficient. They're able to focus on higher level thinking around our campaign strategies. The process is automated in a step-by-step way.

How did AD60 perform from a project management standpoint?

Our team connected with AD60 at 8 to 10 o'clock at night, given that they work late. If there was a new business pitch for the upcoming days, we would come up with new ideas and send them to AD60. They worked side by side with our group as the platform was being built. This is the main reason we have such a great product today.

What did you find most impressive about AD60?

AD60 is made up of true entrepreneurs. It's a flexible company. We had a contract with multiple rules and requirements, but I never felt nickel-and-dimed. AD60 paced with me all the way through, forming a solid partnership, which is greatly absent in today's market. Companies can kick off projects really well, but few can deliver with excellence and without pain. I never tried to pretend I had all the answers. AD60 focused on areas which were undefined in terms of project goals. That made everything easy.

Are there any areas AD60 could improve?

I was going to mention face time, but AD60 actually came over to us once a week in order to ensure that there was nothing lost in translation. I couldn't critique AD60.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with AD60?

AD60 will be a good partner, but clients need to be clear about requirements upfront. They need to tell AD60 what they're nervous about and what are the missing answers. AD60 needs to know where it can come through in terms of expertise and recommendations. If the client is transparent about what they don't know, AD60 will provide ways of staying within the allocated budget and timeline.

Overall Score No one is perfect. There were a few things which needed to be adjusted. AD60 did so, making sure we were happy.
    We weren't late at all. I gave AD60 an impossible requirement and they came in on time and on budget.
    We didn't pay 1 penny more. AD60 let us know about areas which could have scope creep and put the time in to make sure that our organization was happy with the deliverable.
    There were a couple of bumps in the road, but AD60 handled this with great professionalism. They're a great partner.
    I would definitely do it. AD60 is a perfect partner.