Product Development For Startups & Enterprises

Gold

10Clouds is a team of 100+ experienced developers and designers based in Poland, ready to help you build your web and mobile applications.

Since 2009 we have built and designed software for more than 90 businesses worldwide, mainly in the United States, Western Europe, and Australia.

We partner with companies of all sizes to design, develop, and grow their digital products. Our expertise in web and mobile technologies, including Agile and Lean practices, will take your business venture from an idea to reality.

Our work has been featured on TechCrunch, The Economist, The New York Times, Wired and more.

Industries we focus on:

• FinTech (Financial Technology)
  • Blockchain (Ethereum, Smart Contract Development, Private Blockchain Development, Hyperledger)
  • EduTech (Online Education Industry)
  • HealthTech (Healthcare Industry)

Web applications tech stack:

• Flutter

Working with 10Clouds:

• 10+ years of software development experience
  • Time and materials contract
  • Accurate time logs for the work done
  • Constant contact with the team over video and Slack
  • Agile software development
  • NDA on request
  • Direct access to development environment and codebase
  • Certified Scrum Masters
  • Certified DevOps
  • Collaboration in different time zones
  • English speaking team

Warsaw, Poland
  • 3423 Piedmont Rd NE (Tech Village)
    Atlanta, GA 30305
  • Kielbasnicza 6/3
    Wroclaw 50-108
  • Długa 4/8
    Poznan 61-848
    Poland

Asmodee, StepStone, Baidu, TrustStamp, Skedulo, ZappRideShare, Coinquista. See what clients say about working with 10Clouds. Companies from all around the world entrusted us with their application development.

The Forbes Dashboard

10Clouds designed a user-friendly dashboard that allows Forbes' clients to monitor and evaluate the performance of articles. We started the project by conducting a heuristics' audit, then prepared mockups in step with the new Forbes style guide, and ultimately handed over the final designs below budget.

Marketing managers spend too much time on gathering analytic data of branded content campaigns published on their

website. Scouting for data from various sources, putting it together and passing it to clients is often a difficult and needlessly complicated process. Forbes and its clients needed an all-in-one tool for managing and monitoring their campaigns.
Forbes Case Study

10cBooks — How We Improved our Internal System for Borrowing Books

An internal library in our office is one of the best ideas we’ve ever had, but how to make sure that it comes with an equally good online service for borrowing books?

10cBooks is an internal system for borrowing books in 10Clouds. Thanks to it, employees can develop their interests in the area of IT, design, management, and many others. Everything is completely free! We created 10cBooks with the idea that everyone

could easily access unlimited sources of knowledge. What’s more, if an interesting book is not in the collection, employees can add a book to the waiting list, which is subject to vote. If the book gets enough votes — it is ordered.
10cBooks Case Study

Zick

Zick is a Tinder-like social application dedicated to match people nearby. Thanks to the app, users can not only find interesting people but chat and have video calls with them as well.

Zick’s mission is to provide people with a better dating experience. The app matches people based on their location and lets them easily find someone attractive.

In this project, 10Clouds made the entire backend and

took care of the design and development of the iOS app.
Zick Case Study

Wishu

Wishu is a marketplace to offer, sell and buy a variety of goods and services from each other. The application is designed for students of universities in the UK. It encourages sharing economy and allows students to use their talents and skills to make money, instead of getting a part-time job.

10Clouds created UX and UI design, implemented backend service and iOS application. Backend service was written in Python

- Django with use of MANGOPAY as a secure payment provider, KYC service and ledger.

iOS application was written in native iOS SDK using Swift language. Application collaborated with Wishu backend, Google Places service, Google Maps service, and MANGOPAY API to make mobile first user experience.

Wishu Case Study

GlucoseMama

GlucoseMama connects pregnant women with diabetes and medical experts, in the effort of making future moms' lives healthier. The app is currently used in a medical study at the University of Maryland.

The iOS app consists of two main focuses - on logging blood sugar levels, and on planning meals and registering the daily carbohydrates intake. These, combined with a playful design and a reward system, makes GlucoseMama

not just a tool, but a companion and emotional support in gestational diabetes management.

Every major step taken in GlucoseMama comes with a reward. The fact that you succesfully did your first log, chose the right food to eat, or kept tracking your health data up until the baby's birth - these are the reasons to stay positive.

Visit GlucoseMama

CallerSmart

CallerSmart is a telephone number directory created by its own users. Our work in this project started from mobile development, but we ended up delivering on mobile and web application. Together with our client David Crane, we’ve built a tool that makes phone communication safer and easier to manage. Thanks to starting up with the iOS app, we were able to develop the product in a mobile-first approach. The plans are that the

web app will serve all the functionalities of the smartphone app. At this point, we’re fully responsible for front-end as well as back-end development. uring the development of the mobile app, David took our collaboration to the next level and asked if we could take care of the overall app backend. We were excited to take on a new mission! Visit CallerSmart

timeION

timeION is an online app that enables company employees to easily communicate an absence, inform about remote work or request time off. The app simplifies the time off request policy and makes the experience pleasurable for both employees and managers. It lets users see all colleagues' availability at a glance and receive absence notifications from the closest coworkers at the right time. One of the challenges was to create a

system that established employee schedules in different timezones. Our back-end team built REST API with Django, Django Rest Framework and PostgreSQL while front-end developers used AngularJS and Bootstrap. The goal was to create a brand that people would enjoy and actually want to use its product instead of being forced to use it. We played with letters and symbols to come up with timeION’s logo - simple yet eye-catching. Visit timeION

Welcome to 10Clouds - The Hub of Great Software

This is where great software is made. This is where magic happens. This is 10Clouds.

Check out our work and get in touch at [email protected]

A video showcasing some of our projects in web development, mobile development and product design.

Trust Stamp is an Atlanta-based startup with the potential to change how we do business online. The system uses blockchain accounting based on the Ethereum ledger.

Co-Founder Gareth Genner talks about the partnership with 10Clouds, design, development, and how it feels like working with a remote team located in Europe.

Visit Trust

Stamp

GoSeqIt provides clinical and food microbiologists worldwide with the next generation of weapons for fighting infectious diseases.

CEO Mette Voldby Larsen shares how she picked 10Clouds to develop her product, the challenges of finding the right team and project management.

Visit GoSeqIt

Iplay is a social platform created by sport lovers for sport lovers, built for iOS and Android. It lets athletes connect with their fans, talk with teammates, coaches and manage their careers.

The main challenge in this project was to create a fully functioning MVP in time for the 2016 European Handball Championships in Poland. The MVP of Iplay was released and available for download a couple of days before the start

of the tournament. Check out Iplay on the App Store!

After positive feedback arrived for Iplay in iOS, our client decided to move on and build a version for Android devices. 10Clouds designers and developers braught the app to life in a perfect shape - you can download it from Google Play and see!

Visit Iplay Sport

Custom iOS Development for Consumer App Startup

"They've got a meticulous approach to Scrum development and they've built a culture around it."

10Clouds developed a custom iOS application using Swift and Xcode. The relationship is ongoing.

Founder & CEO, Consumer App Startup

The application received positive user reviews and more than 300 five-star ratings. The 10Clouds team operated as smoothly and efficiently as a major Silicon Valley-based tech company. Their industry expertise and solid project management approach were important assets.

Our service consists of an app and a website. We help people identify and avoid unknown and unwanted callers. From a technical perspective, we've tried to solve the problem of keeping one version of the phone book up to date, for all of our users, so they will know who's calling or texting them, and make an intelligent decision about answering or responding.

I'm the founder.

What business challenge were you trying to address with 10Clouds?

I have done remote development for a handful of companies, thus I'm comfortable working with remote teams. Doing your work with a remote company will lead to cost savings. The problem is that you're not in the same place, communication sucks, deadlines get missed – it's chaos. I've worked with engineers in Poland and was impressed with them. When I was looking at a team to hire, we looked at who was on the speaking circuit in Poland. 10Clouds was a company that came up. There was social proof already for them. If you're at an app development conference, they'll be one of the featured attendees, either in Poland, Slovakia, or other countries in the region. It's a good indicator as far as who's in that ecosystem already.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

They worked on our iOS app. The technologies used were Swift and Xcode. Our stack is Amazon Web Services. 10Cloud is actually a Python shop, and we started out in PHP. They've basically hired in order to support us in that capacity. We've used them for both mobile and web development. They're our entire team.

There are between five and eight developers working for us at any given time, and they're assigned by 10Cloud. I think they're terrific at hiring. As an entrepreneur and as a founder, I was keen on building it as quick as possible, and there've been multiple instances when they've told us they don't have the technical resources to build something at the time, but they can hire. I've been consistently impressed with the people they've brought in, and with their ability to admit they're not ready for something. In my experience with other offshore teams, people will say yes to just about anything, when they're not well-suited to do it.

How did you come to work with 10Clouds?

It was through Google searches.

It's an ongoing relationship.

We have more than 300 five-star reviews in the App Store. That's a testament to what they've built. Other than that, I don't have any kind of metrics or figures.

How did 10Clouds perform from a project management standpoint?

They made the suggestion of using Atlassian, so Confluence and JIRA, for project management. From a design standpoint, we're using nVision. We started the business with them, so we're different from other companies that may have had existing teams in house. 10Clouds was going to be the team from the beginning.

What distinguishes 10Clouds from other providers?

Our product manager is in Argentina, our design team was in Thailand, and the tech team is in Warsaw, 10Cloud. We went to Warsaw earlier this year, we sat down in their office, and I was impressed with the experience. I spent three to four years in Silicon Valley, I have friends who run tech companies, and 10Cloud's offices would stack up with anything I've seen in the Valley. They've got a meticulous approach to Scrum development and they've built a culture around it. It was an impressive office visit.

Is there anything 10Clouds could have improved or done differently?

Something we've done in the past months is to build redundancy around some of the key people in the team. For instance, we have a system admin who is very close to the project at 10Clouds. He's been sick, and it became clear that we needed some redundancy around him.

I have recommended them multiple times.

Custom Development for Educational Startup

"I think they’ve got some great developers."

10Clouds developed Flash-based custom education solution. The goal was to allow young language learners to have access to several resources in one place.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Founder, Educational Startup

The project was still in progress, but initial user feedback on its creative concept and intuitive design has been very positive. 10Clouds' talented development team was able to deliver exceptional code. They were always flexible and willing to make adjustments based on testing and feedback.

Please describe your company.

My company offers online materials that help people become literate in English and other languages to children or to anyone learning to speak either their first language or a foreign language.

I’m the founder.

Could you describe the business challenge that you were attempting to address when you first approached 10Clouds?

I originally had some resources written in Flash. The problem was, the teachers wanted to make their own resources and record their work. Then, iPads came along, and they wanted something that worked on that. I decided to start from scratch again, but this time fix the deficiencies with the original product. I originally went to them with my Flash resource and had them update it and convert it to HTML5. After several months, I came up with a big change with animations for the program. They’ve been developing the product ever since. The concept has been so big, and we’re trying to get it right and make it a resource that the teachers need. They want everything in a single resource.

Could you describe the scope of their involvement in greater detail?

They have provided all of the coding for the program. They’re doing the front end and back-end. Originally, the person who wrote the Flash was going to do the back-end, and he was writing in .NET. The current developers are writing in HTML5 and JavaScript. It was difficult to communicate between the two teams, and also get the two technologies to communicate. In the end, we decided that 10Clouds would take on the whole back-end as well. So, they’re storing all of my lessons on Amazon S3 and other databases, and they’re doing the whole solution.

How did you come to choose 10Clouds as your partner?

My former programmer recommended them as he had moved across the country to pursue another opportunity. We interviewed a number of different companies. I found them online by doing Internet searches for HTML5 developers, and then he interviewed them.

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this engagement?

It was in the $50,000 to $200,000 range.

What is the status of this project?

We haven’t finished yet, so it’s still ongoing.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the quality of their performance?

My biggest client is a chain of schools in the Middle East. They like the Flash resources that they’ve already bought, but they want to bring their own device, and they’re interested in a similar resource using the same concept. When they asked for things, I haven’t done much user testing, but I’ve been checking for bugs and issues. I’ve received some feedback from teachers and students about what they wanted and have made changes here and there. My users have been impressed with the whole idea, concept, and the current state of it. In time, we’ve developed a very nice, intuitive design.

When working with 10Clouds is there anything that you would consider unique about their strategic approach or development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

I honestly can’t say because I have only had one other person working on it with me, so I don’t have the experience to answer that. I can say that I’m happy and satisfied with the choice of 10Clouds because I think they’ve got some great developers. I’m very pleased with the quality. Overall, I’m happy with how they’ve treated me. I would encourage people to use 10Clouds.

In retrospect, are there areas in which you think they could improve as a service provider?

There have been some issues with the running of the project. It’s overrun in terms of time and budget, but it’s difficult to pinpoint culpability. A lot has been due to me, I would say. Looking back, I didn’t have a clear enough original design proposal, and during the process, I came up with some new ideas, one of which is a great improvement on the Flash product. This has been hugely impactful both in terms of the complexity of the programming, and the extent of the development time required. I think that we could have tried to look at the bigger picture more, as there were times when I knew what we had wasn’t right, but didn’t know what was.

User testing, we said we’d set this up, but haven’t set up a testing area as much as we could have. Again, I think I am at fault here, too. Other development issues took more of a priority. However, I’m not at the MVP stage, designing a product for unknown users, not knowing whether they’ll like the product or not, trying to find product-market fit. I already have a client base who have bought and are using the Flash product, but have asked for certain, general, improvements, such as working on tablets. The design process has been about delivering these.

Ultimately, though, I believe if you want to create something that is both valuable and differentiates you from the crowd, there will be times when the ride is a bit bumpy. I have to say that these issues are minor when compared to the overall quality of the product that (version 1.0) we now have. These kinds of projects are very difficult to steer and manage, especially when you don't have a lot of experience doing so.

I think timelines have stretched over, but I’m equally as culpable in that.
    They’re at least two and a half times cheaper than a U.K. company would have been.

Custom Platform Development for IT Solution Startup

"[T]he products that they have delivered have always been of extremely good quality.”

2014 - Ongoing

10Clouds developed a functional front-end for a startup's custom platform, connecting professionals within the research and development field.

Kevin Musselman
Co-founder, Cambridge LabScholars, Ltd.

The solution showed minimal bug reports or technical issues. 10Clouds impressed with their seasoned development experience and ability to contribute to a variety of projects. The team consistently stays within scope and budget, and always provides a solution when technical challenges arise.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

We develop data mining technology that aggregates information about scientific materials and equipment, and the researchers and laboratories around the world that use these materials and equipment. We’re developing a platform to connect various people in the R&D [research & development] ecosystem, so people responsible for research, scientific suppliers providing materials and equipment to do the research, also people who are interested in these experts and the research that they conduct.

I’m the co-founder.

We didn’t have experience with Web development. We were looking for an external Web developer who could help us put a prototype platform together, to see if we could start connecting some people. We approached a lot of different companies in the U.S., U.K., India, and 10Clouds in Poland. We’re doing something unique that is very data driven. It’s not a cookie-cutter website that we could just plug our data into. So, we had the challenge of finding someone who was competent enough to understand what we were doing and make a custom solution at a reasonable price.

Could you describe the scope of their involvement in greater detail?

They put our front-end together. We have some data that we plug into a front-end that they entirely created, which is written in AngularJS. We used a Django administration panel, and they have implemented custom logic that we use to search through our database and return results on our platform. They’ve also done a bit of work on the side for us, using Mechanical Turk to collect some information, stuff that can’t be collected purely by computer but needs some human interaction.

How did you come to choose 10Clouds as your partner?

We contacted a number of companies, and based on their responses, we felt a lot of those companies didn’t have good answers for how they would go about solving our problem. They were accustomed to dealing with simple websites for companies, and e-commerce shops, and cookie cutter websites. My co-founder was in the computer science department at John Hopkins in the states, and some of his colleagues had worked with 10Clouds previously. They provided very logical and sensible approaches to some of the challenges we needed to solve. We felt most confident in their abilities, so we decided to give them a shot.

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this engagement?

It was $20,000 to $25,000.

What is the current status of the project?

The project started a year and a half ago and remains ongoing, off and on.

I don’t think I have any direct metrics, most of what we collect are related to our business model. I don’t think I could provide anything other than we have had very few bug reports. For the most part, we have experienced minimal technical issues with functionality and usability, which is great.

From a project management perspective, it’s been satisfactory, but not fantastic. I think this is probably due to the fact that we’re off and on. When we do come to them with work, it takes a little while to get something going because their resources are allocated elsewhere. Largely, that’s just the nature of our working relationship. We have had a few different project managers. The one we have right now I find extremely proficient. Other ones that we’ve worked with, we felt we had to chase a bit at times, so it does vary with the project manager. In terms of staying within scope and budget, they’ve been pretty good. I think the quotes have always been on the optimistic side, and often they have made a bit of effort to do their best to get it all done within quote.

When working with 10Clouds, is there anything that you would consider unique about their strategic approach or development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

Whenever we have technical challenges and have been asking for things that are unique to do, they always seem to have a solution. We have yet to throw a challenge at them that they weren’t able to solve. There’s no doubt that they have some serious technical talent on their team.

No. I think the products that they have delivered have always been of extremely good quality. More consistency on the project management end of things might be my only recommendation, but our current project manager has been great.

What advice, if any, would you give a future client of theirs before approaching them with a new project?

Give yourself reasonable lead time because they are a small firm. You need to plan accordingly, and let them know that you’re looking to do some work so they can assign resources.

Research-Based Development for University

"They offered a good skill set, a long-term relationship, and competitive pricing."

2012 - Ongoing

10Clouds developed various research-based products using Python and Amazon Mechanical Turk. They delivered work on user interfaces, software infrastructure, and back-end work.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Assistant Professor, University

10Clouds earned praise for their work, which included several excellent websites, a database, APIs, and demo work. All of their deliverables are consistently well-engineered and well-developed. In addition, their pricing, communication, and tracking were all outstanding.

[I teach a major university in] Pennsylvania.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m assistant professor in the computer and information science department.

What was your goal for working with 10Clouds?

My goal is to take research ideas that I’ve been developing with my Ph.D. students and then come up with a productized version of the research. They’ve helped me with several projects involving Amazon Mechanical Turk.

These are projects that started with Ph.D. students on the research side and so we wanted to have a demonstration model so I could show how the research works and to scale it up and make it more robust and user-friendly.

They have provided the kind of software engineering infrastructure that we need after we complete the research. They do a lot of the back-end steps so building on APIs [application programming interfaces] that will interact with Amazon Mechanical Turk and create tasks there and manage the money to doing things like logins via Facebook or Google and credit card processing.

Plus, they’ve been awesome at developing user interfaces and jQuery, Web2.0. [It was] very nice looking stuff. I came up with the spec and they worked to that.

What was your process for selecting 10Clouds with which to work?

I was recommended to them by another academic. He is a professor at [another university]. I did a competitive bidding process with the university, and they outbid the other contractors that I was looking at. As an academic, it’s hard to recruit research programmers to work with me because the budget is usually far less than people really deserve or the market would allow them if they were working outside a university. They offered a good skill set, a long-term relationship, and competitive pricing.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work-hour figure?

It was from $10,000 to $50,000

When was the work completed?

I’ve been working with them longer than I’ve been at the university. I worked with them at [another] university at their center for language and speech processing. This is still ongoing work. I think we’ve been working together for about three years currently.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

It’s more qualitative stats than real metrics.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

Their performance has been great. They’ve developed several nice websites for me. I’ve developed a database that I use to show off my research to other academics. It’s got a nice API that other researchers are using.

I’ve got an impressive demo of my crowdsourced translation work. I’ve got another one, which is a nice tool for Amazon Mechanical Turk workers to find higher paying jobs.

All of these deliverables are excellent. It was well engineered and well developed. I was very happy with all of them, and I’ve hired them to start on a new project as well.

Is there anything unique or special about 10Clouds that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

Pricing is excellent. Their knowhow on services like Amazon Mechanical Turk, their python prowess is really great. They communicate really well. We have weekly or twice weekly meetings on Google hangouts. They’ve got a great Web tracking system where they use Ajera, and it’s all clear.

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

I think projects that have very clear specs, coming from an academic perspective might be slightly different from a commercial perspective. I think when you’ve got a well-worked-out research idea where you know what all the subcomponents are, but don’t necessarily have the resources to do the engineering yourself, then they work extremely well. I think the project goes more smoothly when you give a quick response to them when they ask for feedback.

I think all their work has been pretty good. Some of the things are pretty standard that they could improve on. Maybe slightly better quality assurance. I feel like I’ve done a little bit more of that than I ought to have. I don’t really have any strong complaints about them.

Gold