Product Demo & Screenshots
Virtual Private Cloud
VMware vCloud Air Virtual Private Cloud is a scalable & secure public cloud infrastructure as a service solution that is built on the foundation of vSphere. Virtual Private Cloud offers compatibility with on premises vSphere workloads for a hybrid solution. vCloud Air solutions support both new and existing applications. Virtual Private Cloud is a solution for expanding your business capacity to accommodate geographic and seasonal needs without building out costly data centers and suffer from underutilized resources.
- Enterprise-Grade Network Virtualization
- Direct Console Access
- Custom Virtual Machine Sizing
vCloud Air Dedicated Cloud is a single-tenant, physically isolated IaaS platform operated by VMware and compatible with on premises vSphere environments for true Hybrid functionality. Dedicated Cloud is a private cloud instance in the public cloud as it provides customers with their own compute nodes. This solution offers users the ability to assign resources to separate virtual data centers, each with individual user access controls. Dedicated Cloud includes compute resource reservation control.
- User control on the compute reservation and over-commitment selections
- multiple virtual data centers and authorization controls
- management tools across on- and offsite clouds
vCloud Air Object Storage
VMware vCloud Air Object Storage offers a scalable cloud-based storage solution for unstructured data. The service provides global scale and has built-in resiliency. Users can scale up to petabytes and generate real-time intelligence from custom meta-data with vCloud Air Object Storage. VMware offers two distinct flavors of Object Storage, powered by EMC and powered by Google Cloud Platform.
- Distributed cloud-based disk storage for business continuity
- Petabyte scale static data with custom metadata
- Data repository for file and application data across multiple virtual machines and users
Cloud Computing Block Storage
Users have access to the same storage volumes and can choose the highest performance SSD-Accelerated Storage or the more cost-conscious Standard Storage regardless if using Virtual Private Cloud, Dedicated Cloud or OnDemand as your compute solution. Both options allow for growth of virtual machine disks without downtime and the flexibility to migrate from one option to the other as needed.
- SSD-Accelerated Storage
- Persistent block storage
- Select storage tiers as needed
Direct Connect is a method of connecting into a vCloud Air instance beyond standard Internet-based traffic and IPsec VPN tunnels. It provides the ability to create a highthroughput, dedicated link from the data center, either located remotely or within the same colocation facility, into the instance of vCloud Air
- High throughput up to 1 or 10 Gbps
- Dedicated path with low latency
- Support for secure multi-point connections
Hybrid Cloud Networking
Every vCloud Air service includes a connection to the Internet, one or more public IP addresses, and critical networking capabilities such as load balancing, a firewall, network address translation (NAT), and VPN connectivity via the Edge Gateway. Additionally, Advanced and Hybrid Networking Services are available to enhance the standard included networking capabilities. Direct Connect is also available for higher speed, secure private line connectivity or for cross-connecting to co-located infrastructures.
- Avoid the need to reconfigure applications by mirroring on-premises policies
- Edge Gateway for high availability
- vCloud Connector for hybrid cloud migration
Hybrid Cloud Manager
Hybrid Cloud manager offers a way to extend on-premise vSphere powered data center into vCloud Air with vCloud Air Hybrid Cloud Manager. The Hybrid Cloud Manager offers hybrid networking and bi-directional workload migration capabilities, simplifying on and off-premises resource integration and management of workloads.
- Bi-Directional Workload Portability
- Data Center Extension through Layer 2 VPN
- Offline Data Transfer
vRealize has three management tools: vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations Manager, and vRealize Air Compliance. Users can automate the end-to-end delivery and management of infrastructure and applications with vRealize Automation. The vRealize Operations Management pack for vCloud Air includes an embedded adapter that collects metrics, change events, and resource topology information from vCloud Air. vRealize Air Compliance allows users to gain real-time visibility into security and compliance of vSphere virtual infrastructure against the vSphere Hardening Guide as well as regulatory standards such as HIPAA and PCI.
- View both onsite and cloud workloads
- Pre-built logical templates, services, and application components
- In-Transit: Client-managed SSL VPN
- At Rest: Third-party options
- Role Based Access
- Retention Time: 30 days
- Data Destruction: Undisclosed
Audits & Compliance:
- Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Guaranteed Uptime: 99% - 99.95%
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Data Center Zones: 11
- North America Locations: 7
- Europe Locations: 2
- Asia Locations: 1
- Premium Support Available
- 1 of 2