Product Demo & Screenshots
IBM's SoftLayer provides bare metal servers and flexible virtual servers in a single platform. It is accessible all on demand and billed on monthly or hourly terms with no long-term commitments. IBM Softlayer offers complete infrastructure control.
- On Demand deployment and customization
- All services are integrated on a single platform
- Flex Images technology to move images between bare metal and virtual servers
IBM Bluemix is IBM's cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS). Bluemix is based on Cloud Foundry open technology and runs on IBM's SoftLayer infrastructure. It is integrated with DevOps to build, run, deploy and manage applications on the cloud. Bluemix supports several programming languages including Java, Node.js, Go, PHP, Python, Ruby Sinatra, Ruby on Rails and can be extended to support other languages.
- Powerful, open-source technologies to power apps
- Access to IBM and 3rd party services to power apps and services
- Secure access to data and applications, whether on-premises or in the cloud
Additional Computing Services
SoftLayer object storage is a scalable object-based storage solution based on OpenStack Swift Archive where users can manage, and serve large amounts of unstructured data such as virtual machine images, media, and email archives. Object storage includes pay-as-you-go pricing, built-in SFTP, full integration with IBM's content delivery network, and the ability to store, retrieve, and leverage data. Capacity can be added when necessary.
- Scaling to practically infinite capacity
- Objects written multiple times per cluster, with auto-healing capabilities in case of drive failure
- Data organization with tagging, search, and indexing capabilities
Softlayer Backup helps users keep identical copies of data. SoftLayer provides turnkey EVault and R1Soft automatic backup solutions. EVault Backup is an enterprise-level backup storage and disaster recovery solution hosted on an internal iSCSI mount, available for local access at each data center. Backups can be set to standard or custom schedules. R1Soft Server Backup provides high-performance disk-to-disk server backup, featuring a central management and data repository. It protects data at block level, and unique disk blocks on the server are stored only once across all recovery points, increasing storage efficiency.
- Custom schedules while targeting full systems, specific directories, or individual files
- Supports for bare metal as well as virtual server restore and recovery
- Monitoring, reporting, and alerting tools
Additional Storage Services
SoftLayer load balancing solutions allow configurability and flexibility to manage the traffic and resource usage of server nodes in your environment. Users have the ability to distribute traffic loads so that no single device gets overwhelmed. Local, global, and high availability options can be activated, changed, and deactivated at any time.
- Management with SoftLayer API and Web portal
- Hardware firewall options
- Responsive balance during peak traffic times
Rather than provisioning multiple hardware and software solutions to serve as routers, firewalls, and load balancers, users can implement software-defined networking solutions to create all-in-one network appliances. Appliances are then deployed on SoftLayer bare metal servers with network settings set and tweaked. Infrastructure’s traffic management is updated in real time.
- Advanced load balancing functionality and application-aware health monitoring
- Application compression, caching, and optimization
- Security add-ons for appliances
Additional Networking Services
A single set of controls for all SoftLayer infrastructure that can be accessed via API, Web portal, or mobile application. The SoftLayer customer portal is a web interface for remotely managing SoftLayer services and account. The portal gives complete access to more than 200 services.
- View performance details and control all functions of bare metal and virtual servers
- Deploy servers, firewalls, new backup solutions, and other additions to the SoftLayer environment
- Real-time support and tutorials
Server Monitoring & Reporting
SoftLayer's server comes with monitoring resources to access reports and evaluate the cloud infrastructure performance. For more involved monitoring needs, IBM offers additional options to meet advanced monitoring and reporting needs for greater awareness and visibility.
- access to server logs and performance reports
- Pre-set alerts and/or action responses
- Customized monitoring
Additional Management Services
- In-Transit: SSL
- At Rest: AES-256
- Role Based Access
- Retention Time: 30 days default
- Data Destruction: Server Wipe or Destruction
Audits & Compliance:
- Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Guaranteed Uptime: 100%
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Data Center Zones: 40
- North America Locations: 8
- Europe Locations: 5
- Asia Locations: 3
- Premium Support Available