Who We Are
Clutch is an established and rapidly growing startup, based in Dupont Circle, Washington DC. Our goal is to connect small and medium businesses with the agencies and software solutions that can help them accomplish their business goals.
How does this work? We conduct extensive research on agencies and software in an array of ever-expanding categories – advertising and marketing, web design and development, mobile app development, and IT solutions. We interview past clients to learn about the customer’s experience. We rate the agencies and software based on our findings.
We are the leading provider of ratings and reviews for small and mid-sized professional services firms (e.g. mobile app developers, digital agencies, etc.) and we are actively expanding our range of content and website features.
Who We're Looking For
Do you get excited about setting technology strategy in the morning and writing code by the afternoon? Do you have extensive Drupal experience, but also know your way around the full technology stack? Are you looking for a career opportunity that has an opportunity to grow from a Senior Developer to the Head of Technology at a D.C. startup? If you answered yes, yes, and yes, please read on.
Our Ideal Candidate
- “Make it happen” attitude – We are a small firm with big ambitions. Everyone on the team needs to make things happen.
- Versatility – We don’t have a large technical team. Successful candidates can tackle broad, strategic, IT questions, while also rolling up his/her sleeves to write great code.
- Drupal expertise – Clutch.co runs on Drupal. Successful candidates have 5+ years working in Drupal.
- Full stack exposure – Successful candidates have exposure to a range of technologies and have wide-ranging problem-solving skills.
- D.C. startup work environment – Our core team (e.g. founder, product lead, etc.) work in our D.C. office. Successful candidates are excited to work in-office at a growing startup.
What You'll Do
Starting Responsibilities (Senior Developer):
In the beginning, responsibilities will involve collaborating with our current technology team and executing on our current technology roadmap. Key responsibilities include:
- Configuring and theming new website features
- Developing custom modules
- Providing operational support to the broader team (when stuff breaks, you fix it)
- Migrating the website to Drupal 8
- Integrating Drupal with a CRM (Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.)
- Improving dev ops
- Improving website performance
Future Responsibilities (Technology Lead):
At Clutch, we emphasize career development. Our hope is that the successful candidate will grow with the company and eventually take over technology leadership. Key responsibilities for the Technology Lead include:
- Building and mentoring the technology team
- Setting the technology strategy
- Developing and managing our technical roadmap
- Contributing to our product roadmap
- Writing, testing, and deploying code
What We Have To Offer
Opportunity to Build Something
- Opportunity to build a new market leading service
- Grow professionally with the company
- Casual work environment
- Accessible office in Dupont Circle, on the Blue, Orange, Silver and Red Metro lines
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance
- 401K Plan
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
To apply for this position:
Please send a cover letter along with your resume to [email protected]
This posting was last updated 10/12/2017