Who We Are
Clutch is an established and rapidly growing startup in Dupont Circle, Washington D.C. Our goal is to connect small and medium businesses with the agencies and software solutions that can help them accomplish their business goals.
How does this work? We conduct extensive research on agencies and software in an array of ever-expanding categories – advertising and marketing, web design and development, mobile app development, and IT solutions. We interview past clients to learn about the customer’s experience. We rate the agencies and software based on our findings.
We are the leading online source for research, ratings, and reviews for mobile application developers, and our role as the go-to source for authentic content on B2B services and solutions is expanding to include other IT and digital marketing segments.
We're honored to be featured in the annual Inc. 5000 as one of the top 500 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., as well as in LinkedIn's Top 50 U.S. Startups.
Who We're Looking For
We’re seeking candidates with a love for writing and storytelling to join our marketing team. The successful candidate will help further our content strategy by producing and marketing thoughtful, comprehensive research articles on topics relevant to our target audience. Most subjects will be digital marketing- or IT-related.
We help you build the skills you need to succeed at Clutch on the job. So, we’re looking for passionate writers who are self-driven and have an interest in pitching in on other marketing and design areas.
You’ll have a hand in growing a successful business from the ground up.
What You'll Do
- Design industry surveys to collect original data for our content
- Reach out to and conduct phone interviews with experts to add commentary to the survey results
- Analyze interviews and data to draw out key insights, and writing long-form reports on those findings
- Market reports to third-party bloggers and journalists
- Pitch and write guest posts on industry blogs
- Contribute to company development. Activities could include business process refinement, content and marketing strategy, social media, or graphic/web design.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Undergraduate degree and 0-3 years of content writing, journalism, or media experience
- Journalism or related degree is a plus
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Love for writing and formal or informal experiences that prove it
- Comfortable pitching journalists and conducting phone interviews
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strategic mindset
- Strong work ethic and ability to execute in an unstructured work environment
- Interest in growing a startup
- A desire to work in Washington, DC
What We Offer
1. Professional Development
- A talented team that is invested in you and your professional success
- Clear career path and growth opportunities within the company
- Professional development program that focuses on both company and personal growth
2. Opportunity to Build Something
- Direct involvement in building a rapidly growing company
- Tangible impact from day one
- Ownership of your own projects
3. Company Culture
- Casual work environment
- Accessible office in Dupont Circle, on the Blue, Orange, Silver, and Red Metro lines
- Monthly team bonding activities
- Starting salary is $50,000
- Health insurance
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
Apply For This Position
Please send a cover letter along with your resume to [email protected].
This posting was last updated 09/13/2018